Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everybody can come into our liberal paradise - just don't go to their countries!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭MaybeLogic

SV wrote: »
    So you don't know why he was killed then?
    You know how alright, didn't argue that point.
    Ok. The 2 Irish guys went past in the car calling this lad, (who was with a group of other guys from I don't know where) a fucking ******.
    The young lads gave the two Irish lads some stick back, then the Irish lads went off, armed themselves, came back, chased the group. One of them fell, the Nigerian lad came back to help him and was killed. That's what I got from the media.
    Do you have another version or are you making some obscure point here??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

MaybeLogic wrote: »
    Ok. The 2 Irish guys went past in the car calling this lad, (who was with a group of other guys from I don't know where) a fucking ******.
    The young lads gave the two Irish lads some stick back, then the Irish lads went off, armed themselves, came back, chased the group. One of them fell, the Nigerian lad came back to help him and was killed. That's what I got from the media.
    Do you have another version or are you making some obscure point here??

I do have another version alright.
    It involves another one of them with a knife that attempted to cut the others that didn't hit hence why he was attacked as brutally as he was.
    Won't hear about it in any of the media though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

I'm probably going to regret this...what's your problem, SV?

Do you just hate Muslims as a matter of course or did one of them do something to piss you off?
    I don't see why you post such "hurp they're taking over the world derp" bullshit unless you've got a colossal axe to grind.

It involves another one of them with a knife that attempted to cut the others that didn't hit hence why he was attacked as brutally as he was.

Funnily enough, I didn't.
    Maybe it'll come out at the trial.

Morkarleth wrote: »
    I'm probably going to regret this...what's your problem, SV?

Do you just hate Muslims as a matter of course or did one of them do something to piss you off?
    I don't see why you post such "hurp they're taking over the world derp" bullshit unless you've got a colossal axe to grind.

a little from column a and a little from column b.
    Funnily enough, I didn't.
    Maybe it'll come out at the trial.

Should do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Yeah...it's a conspiracy.

You have it in for the Africans now as well?

He's got a point. I've never seen you articulate why you hate Muslims.
    Just you hate them?
    There must be some reasons?

Nodin wrote: »
    Yeah...it's a conspiracy.

You have it in for the Africans now as well?

I apologise for knowing more about the case than the media has let you all know.
    He's got a point. I've never seen you articulate why you hate Muslims.
    Just you hate them?
    There must be some reasons?

There are many reasons surrounding their belief system and religious laws(though not a whole lot more than christians etc)
    A few personal ones too which I won't be sharing here.

I apologise for knowing more about the case than the media has let you all know. .

No, you should apologise implying a conspiracy and for spreading an anecdote about the place to slander a dead 15 year old.

As I asked earlier - have you got in for the Africans as well?

Hot air and anecdotes again, doubtless.

No, you should apologise implying a conspiracy and for spreading an anecdote about the place to slander a dead 15 year old.

As I asked earlier - have you got in for the Africans as well?

Hot air and anecdotes again, doubtless.

lol, it's not a conspiracy at all.
    I don't think he should have been killed at all no, it was a terrible thing to happen but I'm telling you why it happened. If you don't want to believe it then fair enough.

fairly soft minded to believe everything you read straight away and not doubt it at all.

• Advertisement

There are many reasons surrounding their belief system and religious laws(though not a whole lot more than christians etc)

There's more than one billion Muslims, with some very varied beliefs and attitudes and personal attributes.
    I tend to lump the fundamentalist ones in with the Christian, Jewish and whatever fundamentalists, myself.
    You're not far off that list yourself, in my view.

lol, it's not a conspiracy at all..

'O rly?'
    ......apologise for knowing more about the case than the media has let you all know.

Whats all that about then?

And for the third time - have you got it in for the Africans as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Agricola wrote: »
    No because alot of Muslim men dont have to force their wives to wear them at all. Devout Muslim women see wearing the Burka or a head scarf as a form of respect to both their husbands and to Islamic teachings. They do it voluntarily.
    Anyway its a null point. Whether their forced or want to wear it of their own free will, western states should ban them in public places..

Hold on a second, are you saying head scarves should be banned? I'm glad my (Irish Caholic) granny, who wore a head scarf like a lot of older Irish women do, is still not alive as she would not like being opressed by your distorted version of western values.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

I apologise for knowing more about the case than the media has let you all know.

I'm a Muslim. Please tell me why you hate me.

'O rly?'

Whats all that about then?

And for the third time - have you got it in for the Africans as well?

That's the truth. Nothing more.
    and no, hardly.
    I'm a Muslim. Please tell me why you hate me.

No.

Hold on a second, are you saying head scarves should be banned? I'm glad my (Irish Caholic) granny, who wore a head scarf like a lot of older Irish women do, is still not alive as she would not like being opressed by your distorted version of western values.

You see, if you hadn't gone and adopted a (wrong) middle eastern cult for your religion, you'd know that in the West, people are perfectly willing to tolerate all the people they like, and pick on the ones they don't. Now its unfashionable to bash Jews/Catholics/Protestants, beat your little woman and throw stones at people with mental disabilities, its unfortunately down to Muslims to take the heat. To keep Western society liberal and free, of course.

That's the truth. Nothing more.
    and no, hardly.

Why have the media not mentioned these things then?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Antbert

The Aussie wrote: »
    It was tongue in cheek at the picture attached if you bothered to open it that is
    I actually opened it too late. I humbly retract.
    Column a being you do in fact hate Muslims as a matter of course. Just to be clear.

I'm unimpressed.

I have no idea...perhaps they don't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Agricola wrote: »
    As long as Muslims, and any other group for that matter are made to conform to western cultural norms then there shouldnt be a problem. I accept if I go to an Islamic Republic that I have to play by their rules for the time Im there. Western women must dress appropriately etc. Grand. So long as they adapt to our culture when over here. No Burkas and the like.

We just need to get rid of the need to give religion and religious beliefs a special dispensation. It should have absolutely no bearing on matters of State. People should be free to believe in whatever fairytales they like so long as they dont shove it in the faces of others. The same goes for Christianity, for example, the move to ban crucifixes from public places in Italy.

In this way, no matter how much of a population is made up of a group of people of a certain religious denomination, if they arent allowed to visibly change the society they live in and their archaic beliefs arent factored into the business of running a secular country, it wont matter in the end.

Thing is, most western cultural norms allow free expression of religious beliefs, as long as they aren't offensive or extreme.

What you seem to be suggesting is that we change our culture because their culture is different to ours.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

I'm also interested to know why the guards and other people involved are sharing all this information with SV.

Antbert wrote: »
    I'm also interested to know why the guards and other people involved are sharing all this information with SV.

Ah they're not.
    Sure I'm lying!

...make ye happy?

Ah they're not.
    Sure I'm lying!

...make ye happy?

Um... Well if you're admitting you're lying then... Yeah, kind of.

Antbert wrote: »
    Um... Well if you're admitting you're lying then... Yeah, kind of.

well I'm not but I thought that make ye happy if you can go back on that.
    Obviously no one is going to believe me anyway until it comes out in the trial.

Now I know why he's crapping on....
    The gathering had something of the Christian revivalist meeting about it, but Toyosi was a Muslim and a local imam prayed in front of the lamp post. His prayers were in English and Arabic. Then Pastor Adetuberu exhorted the crowd to clap for Toyosi and they did.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0405/1224267706986.html

I have no idea...perhaps they don't know?

You said
    fairly soft minded to believe everything you read straight away and not doubt it at all.

Theres a clear implication there that information is being both witheld and distorted. Would you please explain why you believe thats the case?

Theres a clear implication there that information is being both witheld and distorted. Would you please explain why you believe thats the case?
    I would have thought it's because of 'the version I heard'.

Losing interest...

I'd love to hear your answer to IrishConvert, but we're getting side-tracked.
    Why do you hate him?

• Advertisement

No, you're implying its being witheld and distorted, as per your quotes above. You only started changing your tune when questioned on it.

Why do you think they'd do this ? What would be the motivation?

Advertisement