Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

gscully wrote: »
    Hmmm...I rather suspect it's something else if your username is anything to go by.

This made me laugh out loud haha...

My brother met Niall Quinn while he was working in Dublin airport...He told him i was a football fan and he gave my brother his sunglasses to give to me:D

Also Elton John gave him an autograph for my Da!

He has had pints with Damien Dempsey and Christy Dignam and they are really really sound! Damien Dempsey had great things to say about Bono too.

As for me the closest thing ive got to seeing a celeb was martin king walking past me on grafton:(

Gary Neville never gives autogrpahs after matches, príck:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

i met dara o'brien once, really inflated opinon of himself, not impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

I met the man who used to run the newsagent on clare street in dublin, and he was very rude to a customer. how do I know if the newsagent was a celebrity or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PatsyStone

LOL, I really thought I'd be the only one to say ROG, but obviously I'm not alone. But he can be alright at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

the bloke that plays Charlie in Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I met the man who used to run the newsagent on clare street in dublin, and he was very rude to a customer. how do I know if the newsagent was a celebrity or not?

Eh sorrry but l need to ask you a serious question....are you actually nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Gerry Ryan the biggest prick you could ever meet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Definetly Gerry Ryan i said hello Gerry at the O2 the night of the Bernard Dunne fight, he asked me who was i, i said i was airhorn off the boards he replied fck you airhorn,

what a cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

airhorn wrote: »
    Definetly Gerry Ryan i said hello Gerry at the O2 the night of the Bernard Dunne fight, he asked me who was i, i said i was airhorn off the boards he replied fck you airhorn,

what a cnut.
    ha that's funny to be honest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

sharon ni bheolain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Fabien Barthez- A right prick. Outside old trafford as they walk in the squad would stop and sign a few programs. He stood there with two girls and looked at the crowd for about 5 mins then went inside. A right prick.
    Although on the same day David May spent AGES signing autographs. He signed every single one and there was a fair crowd there. Not exactly famous but everyone really appreciated him taking the time. Most players signed 5/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Ozzie wrote: »
    Aonghus McAnally is apparently very nice!

http://home.connect.ie/helens/pics2/aongh.jpg

yeah hes sound nice met him in the point around 2001 we were at a Beck gig and hes right up the front rockin along:) i was like hello&he was all smiles, well it was a beck gig so everybody was happy

also met bosco once in a hotel, so bloody rude &you could see the coke trails on his nose from his previous nights frollicking with hookers, anyway he was paying and i asked him did he enjoy his stay he told me to f**k off, so i said Shag off yourself u C**t and get back in ur box you cokehead, some of these cleb's dont remember the little people who made them...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Fabien Barthez- A right prick. Outside old trafford as they walk in the squad would stop and sign a few programs. He stood there with two girls and looked at the crowd for about 5 mins then went inside. A right prick.
    Although on the same day David May spent AGES signing autographs. He signed every single one and there was a fair crowd there. Not exactly famous but everyone really appreciated him taking the time. Most players signed 5/6.

His not signing autographs does not make him a prick, no matter how many autographs David May signed.

Samantha Mumba, was in Barcode a few years ago (As she'd regularly be) and my female friend noticed her (she was wearing a baseball cap so as "not" to be noticed) but didnt recognise her at once, thought she was "maybe someone i was in school with or something". So my friend went over and said "We know each other don't we? I can't quite put my finger on it". At this point she jestured toward her "security" who ushered my friend away from Miss Mumba. Ridiculous!

Later that night one of her "security" guys came over to where we were sitting (in one of the booth type things) and said "Miss Mumba and her party would like to sit here, could you please move somewhere else?". HAHAHAHA! That more than made up for the fact she was rude in the first place.

what a cnut.

I too was at the Bernard Dunne fight and also met Gerry. he told me that he's been approached by what he described as an ageing hippy with long greasy hair and spots who claimed to be someone from boards. So taken aback was Gerry and his friends by the smell of BO that he had to turn away to prevent himself and his friends all vomiting from the pungent aroma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

I too was at the Bernard Dunne fight and also met Gerry. he told me that he's been approached by what he described as an ageing hippy with long greasy hair and spots who claimed to be someone from boards. So taken aback was Gerry and his friends by the smell of BO that he had to turn away to prevent himself and his friends all vomiting from the pungent aroma.

Thats a wonder, because he does be allways banging on about how he is great friends with that crowd on the radio, even claims that he's show is the number one radio show listened to by them, but hey...thats just probably him bullsh!ting again as usual.

Do you have a day job at all Cunsiderdis because it seems all you do be doing is browseing the whole the boards looking for anyone that happens to think that the sun does'nt shine out of Gerrys hole & then have a crack at them.

Ye'd get on mighty id say, if ye dont allready that is....

Do you have a day job at all Cunsiderdis because it seems all you do be doing is ...

Isn't "do be doing" something some guys sing about?

friends all vomiting from the pungent aroma.

Well now you know once food goes down Gerry's cavernous maw he'd be very loathe to bring it back up again..his weight might slip under the 25 stone mark and none of his cheap suits would fit him anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

MrStuffins wrote: »
    His not signing autographs does not make him a prick, no matter how many autographs David May signed.

Samantha Mumba, was in Barcode a few years ago (As she'd regularly be) and my female friend noticed her (she was wearing a baseball cap so as "not" to be noticed) but didnt recognise her at once, thought she was "maybe someone i was in school with or something". So my friend went over and said "We know each other don't we? I can't quite put my finger on it". At this point she jestured toward her "security" who ushered my friend away from Miss Mumba. Ridiculous!

Later that night one of her "security" guys came over to where we were sitting (in one of the booth type things) and said "Miss Mumba and her party would like to sit here, could you please move somewhere else?". HAHAHAHA! That more than made up for the fact she was rude in the first place.

I hope you didn't move for the bitch! Same thing happened to us years ago in Tamangoes (don't judge me!), she wanted to sit where we were sitting, we told her and her "people" to fcuk off. Where is she now, nowhere!

Michael B wrote: »
    I hope you didn't move for the bitch! Same thing happened to us years ago in Tamangoes (don't judge me!), she wanted to sit where we were sitting, we told her and her "people" to fcuk off. Where is she now, nowhere!

Of course we didn't move hahaha! Not a hope!

And i wouldn't mind, but this was about 5 years after she had even been in a newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

Rudest Celeb (if you can call her that) Kathleen Watkins (Gay Byrnes Wife)

By far the nicest celeb or person I ever met was the late Paul Newman, a perfect gentleman and so down to earth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

MrStuffins wrote: »

But why would he stand there when everyone else was signing autographs and stare with an arrogant look on his face? Keane didn't sign any either but he just waved and went straight inside.......

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    But why would he stand there when everyone else was signing autographs and stare with an arrogant look on his face? Keane didn't sign any either but he just waved and went straight inside.......

So the guy deserves to be called a prick for not signing an autograph?

Did he refuse after you or anyone asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jemflux

T.P. Mc Kenna the Actor, said hello to him in a Dublin pub years ago and he
    gave me a repulsive look in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

PrismES wrote: »
    By far the nicest celeb or person I ever met was the late Paul Newman, a perfect gentleman and so down to earth.

Awh:o

I met Billy Connoly in a pub in Dublin years ago,he had just arrived at the bar.I said to him "buy us a drink ya tight git" and he said "Sure,what ye havin'?" and got me apint.
    Top fellow!

Degsy wrote: »
    I met Billy Connoly in a pub in Dublin years ago,he had just arrived at the bar.I said to him "buy us a drink ya tight git" and he said "Sure,what ye havin'?" and got me apint.
    Top fellow!

Funnily enough I heard a similar story from Billy Connolly about a guy who came up to him in a Dublin pub and said the very same thing to him. In typical forthright language, Billy said the guy was a "squirty little prick who thought he was funny", but, as Billy said, he was just rude and very pleased with himself. So Billy bought him a drink as the easiest way to avoid having to have a conversation with this guy, and get away from him.

I'd love to know what qualifies someone as a celebrity. naturally, i have subscriptions to VIP, Hello! and OK!, and read them all avidly, and can't work out what makes someone a celebrity, or what the definition of celebrity is.

Funnily enough I heard a similar story from Billy Connolly about a guy who came up to him in a Dublin pub and said the very same thing to him. In typical forthright language, Billy said the guy was a "squirty little prick who thought he was funny", but, as Billy said, he was just rude and very pleased with himself. So Billy bought him a drink as the easiest way to avoid having to have a conversation with this guy, and get away from him.

I'd love to know what qualifies someone as a celebrity. naturally, i have subscriptions to VIP, Hello! and OK!, and read them all avidly, and can't work out what makes someone a celebrity, or what the definition of celebrity is.
    These days the term "celebrity" has changed.
    You could have comedian Billy Connolly, Musician David Bowie and celebrity Jade Goody...it seems to be an occupation in itself.

These days the term "celebrity" has changed.
    You could have comedian Billy Connolly, Musician David Bowie and celebrity Jade Goody...it seems to be an occupation in itself.

I can understand people such as Billy Connolly or David Bowie being celebrities, insofar as they have reached the height in their chosen field, and as a consequence have become widely known for their talent pretty much worldwide.

Jade Goody...I have no idea who she is or what it was she excelled at. having done a google search, it seems neither have they! After appearing in Big brother, Jade was voted by the public as the fourth worst Briton in the British TV station Channel 4's 100 Worst Britons.

Apart from that, Wikiepedia seems to be at a loss to know what she achieved. And so she appears to be famous for, erm, being a litttle bit famous.

I can understand people such as Billy Connolly or David Bowie being celebrities, insofar as they have reached the height in their chosen field, and as a consequence have become widely known for their talent pretty much worldwide.

Jade Goody...I have no idea who she is or what it was she excelled at. having done a google search, it seems neither have they! After appearing in Big brother, Jade was voted by the public as the fourth worst Briton in the British TV station Channel 4's 100 Worst Britons.

Apart from that, Wikiepedia seems to be at a loss to know what she achieved. And so she appears to be famous for, erm, being a litttle bit famous.
    Exactly, but if you introduced bowie or connolly as a celebrity they would probably be offended as the term is almost exclusively reserved for no talent, fame hungry wannabies nowadays.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry, but as much as i agree with you that people like Jade Goody aren't actually celebrities, there's NO WAY you don't/didn't know who Jade Goody is.

I know you have internet access, so there's no way you life entirely under a rock!

Advertisement