Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Thomas828 wrote: »
    Are you not aware that Stevie Wonder is blind and has been blind from birth? I thought that was common knowledge.

Brilliant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

Linda McFadden : OMG complete and Utter B***H. I met her at a "SIX" concert ages ago when I was like 10. She was horrible and rude and not just to me the band members also.!

Emma O'Driscoll= lovely girl
    Shayne Ward = Sound
    The Coronas= all down to earth lovely guys
    Tracy, Miles, Carol, Heather, Rene, Christy, and Paul from Fair city all sound
    Brian Ormond= Up his own ass

The list goes on but Linda was by far the worst.:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I kinda met Prince at a concert in Dublin, sat in the front row he told me to move!....as he wanted hot girls in his line of sight.......!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

NikkiXxX wrote: »
    Seems like Kian egan is an absolute p***k, Everyone hates him..Makes me not ever want to meet him.:mad:

Now that beating uo he recieved in his home town in Sligo is beginning to make sense. I remember seeing the headlines on the cover of all the Sundays - him with a nice big black eye and a few missing teeth to boot! Unfortunately it hasn't seemed to temper his obnoxious stuck up attitude. I mean what is he?- a manufactured talentless ugly cnut who couldn't sing for supper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Tippgal93 wrote: »
    Linda McFadden : OMG complete and Utter B***H. I met her at a "SIX" concert ages ago when I was like 10. She was horrible and rude and not just to me the band members also.!

The list goes on but Linda was by far the worst.:eek:

Who's Linda McFadden???? :confused:

(I've done a google search, cannot identify....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

amdublin wrote: »

yeah who the hell is she ????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Was at an atm beside o'neills pub in dublin when approached by Ian Brown and some of his entourage looking for directions to rira. chatted to him drunkenly for about ten minutes, surprise surprise: he was a sound man.
    Surprised cos heard he was supposed to be a bit of a miserable pr!ck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but as much as i agree with you that people like Jade Goody aren't actually celebrities, there's NO WAY you don't/didn't know who Jade Goody is.

I know you have internet access, so there's no way you life entirely under a rock!

That you can't conceive there is no one on the planet who knows who jane goody is/was seems to say more about you them me. I don't have a TV and don't buy newspapers (I read them online) and never read the celeb bits.

Not only do I not know anything about her, I an relieved I don't as she seems to be one of those people who are manufactured "celebrities" because you are told they are by tv and newspapers.

I rebel against being manipulated like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

amdublin wrote: »

Almost certain she meant Linda Martin. She mentored Six so presume that's who she meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KillerKity

Kian from westlife-tool! Myself and a few friends were in a Sligo niteclub when he comes stumbling towards us, puts his arms around two of us and insists someone takes a photo while being loud and lary! We politely posed with him, made a quick exit and deleted the photo after :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ lol...he's sounds like a douche.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That you can't conceive there is no one on the planet who knows who jane goody is/was seems to say more about you them me. I don't have a TV and don't buy newspapers (I read them online) and never read the celeb bits.

Not only do I not know anything about her, I an relieved I don't as she seems to be one of those people who are manufactured "celebrities" because you are told they are by tv and newspapers.

I can conceive there's people on the planet who haven't heard of her, just not someone from this particular part of the world who is a boards user. You don't live under a rock.

Although your decision not to own a TV or to buy newspapers says to me that you might be a little weak of character and are afraid that by watching TV and reading newspapers you will be "manipulated" as you put it.

Lighten up and get a TV, you might even like it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Funnily enough I heard a similar story from Billy Connolly about a guy who came up to him in a Dublin pub and said the very same thing to him. In typical forthright language, Billy said the guy was a "squirty little prick who thought he was funny", but, as Billy said, he was just rude and very pleased with himself. So Billy bought him a drink as the easiest way to avoid having to have a conversation with this guy, and get away from him.

I'd love to know what qualifies someone as a celebrity. naturally, i have subscriptions to VIP, Hello! and OK!, and read them all avidly, and can't work out what makes someone a celebrity, or what the definition of celebrity is.

Watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

You frequent the Celebrity & Showbiz forum and don't know who Jade Goody was? Stop talking sh*te! There was a whole thread dedicated to her a year ago :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, if you read the newspapers online but ignore the celebrity section, what on earth are you doing contributing (loosely-phrased) to this forum?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I can conceive there's people on the planet who haven't heard of her, just not someone from this particular part of the world who is a boards user. You don't live under a rock.

Although your decision not to own a TV or to buy newspapers says to me that you might be a little weak of character and are afraid that by watching TV and reading newspapers you will be "manipulated" as you put it.

Lighten up and get a TV, you might even like it.

I love the idea that people who watch tv and buy newspapers are strong of character, and those who don’t watch tv or buy newspapers are, in some bizarre way, weak in character!

I don’t own a tv as I have no desire to watch it. I know I don’t like it as I’ve had tv before and I didn’t like it, and on the odd occasions I get to see one in a friends house or in a public place, I am never even tempted to get one again.

I love your pejorative “…you might be a little weak of character…” and “…lighten up…”

Not having a tv and reading newspapers online means I have no way to know who Jade Goody is, and for that I thank my choices of not having tv. When I did a google search for her, it said that she (i) appeared in a tv show and (ii)was voted the 4th worst Briton in another tv show. And that was about it. How, or why, would I want to know anything about someone who appeared in Big brother and was voted 4th worst Briton on another tv show?

gscully wrote: »
    Stop talking sh*te!

I’m afraid I make it a golden rule not to engage with people who hurl abuse.

I love the idea that people who watch tv and buy newspapers are strong of character, and those who don’t watch tv or buy newspapers are, in some bizarre way, weak in character!

I don’t own a tv as I have no desire to watch it. I know I don’t like it as I’ve had tv before and I didn’t like it, and on the odd occasions I get to see one in a friends house or in a public place, I am never even tempted to get one again.

I love your pejorative “…you might be a little weak of character…” and “…lighten up…”

Not having a tv and reading newspapers online means I have no way to know who Jade Goody is, and for that I thank my choices of not having tv. When I did a google search for her, it said that she (i) appeared in a tv show and (ii)was voted the 4th worst Briton in another tv show. And that was about it. How, or why, would I want to know anything about someone who appeared in Big brother and was voted 4th worst Briton on another tv show?

I’m afraid I make it a golden rule not to engage with people who hurl abuse.

So why are you in here?

Thank you
    There's something about the way you phrased that which tells me you are not completely serious.

You don't watch TV? I have seen a post of yours before quoting The Simpsons. My memory may be a little hazy, but aren't they on TV? Unless they've moved to the Business section of the Irish Times?
    Thank you
    It's not a question of How or Why would you want to, it's about how or why would you pretend not to know who Jade Goody is?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

^^^ Lol!!

You know if people really didn't have tvs and didn't read newspapers then maybe the 'Jade Story' and other top news stories might go unoticed..of course their friends and co-workers would probably have to be in the same boat otherwise things would be heard during daily chat and gossip and no radio at home or in the car either...no news at all!!
    @ Cunsider....I can understand you not buying newspapers but I don't get how you haven't heard of some major news stories because you say you 'only read online newspapers'...they're pretty much the same as a regular paper right? I mean that Jade story was all over the net including all online newspapers. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

I met some of the England rugby team in bar in Australia in 2003 after they played a pre world cup match against Australia. I asked the then captain Martin Johnson why he did not move along the red carpet in the previous six nations match against Ireland and forced our president to walk on the grass. There was uproar over it at the time, he looked down at me and his exact words were "oh f&%k of Paddy" a true gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

Paddy Casey, The wee short - arsed runt. Worst case of small man syndrome I ever met! Knob!

• Advertisement

greenie wrote: »
    ^^^ Lol!!

@ Cunsider....I can understand you not buying newspapers but I don't get how you haven't heard of some major news stories because you say you 'only read online newspapers'...they're pretty much the same as a regular paper right? I mean that Jade story was all over the net including all online newspapers. :rolleyes:

They are pretty much the same as regular newspapers, and the advantage of reading a newspaper is that one can skip over articles which appear uninteresting.

The advantage of reading newspapers on the interweb is that one can read newspapers which are not available in the newsagents, and so i read newspapers from all aver the world.

I may well have seen the headline to a story about jade goody, but I certainly would not have read the article as I see many headlines most days but hunt out articles i do want to read from newspapers as far apart as Singapore, South America, Africa, the USA and Europe. I even occasionally read the Sydney Morning Herald and sometimes use http://library.uncg.edu/news/ and other URL's to find newspapers in a particular country.

If the jane goody story (I'm not sure what the story is about appearing in a tv show and being voted 4th worst Briton) appeared in "all online newspapers", as you claim, then I am not surprised that I didn't stumble across it in The mail & Guardian in South Africa or the International herald tribune, which I read most days, as I tend to avoid articles about "personalities" and concentrate on other items.

I suppose what is interesting about some posts here is that there are some who can't actually conceive that other choose not to have TV, and it appears to be beyond their comprehension that there are people in the world who don't want to own a tv.

Or that if one chooses not to have a tv, that one has never seen tv and has no knowledge of, say, the Simpsons cartoon series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 littlebites

Think we found Comic Book Guy:D

Kent Brockman: Excuse me, did you see the six o'clock news?
    Comic Book Guy: No, I get my news from the internet, like a normal person under seventy. Farewell, dinosaur.

Comic Book Guy: Yes, I would like to return your quote-unquote *ultimate* belt.
    Clerk: I see. Do you a receipt, quote-unquote sir?
    Comic Book Guy: No, I do not have a receipt. I won it as a door prize at a Star Trek convention, although I find their choice of prize highly illogical, as the average Trekker has no need of a medium-size belt.
    Clerk: Wow, a fat sarcastic Star Trek fan. You must be a devil with the ladies... gee, I hate to let you down, Casanova, but no receipt, no return.
    Bart: I'll give you four bucks for it.
    Comic Book Guy: Very well. I must get back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than receive them.

I even occasionally read the Sydney Morning Herald

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2009/03/16/1237054690085.html

This thread is derailing here people, lets get back on topic please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

xzanti wrote: »
    This thread is derailing here people, lets get back on topic please.

More to the point its being derailed by somebody with previous form.

Bloody funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Rudest celebrity I ever met was Alex Higgins, about 25 years or so sitting behind him in Geoffs, Had a nephew of mine with me who adorned him. I approached him during the break and asked him for his autograph for the Nephew, he turned around and told the 8 year old to go fcuk off.... I told him he was a total dick head... Shortly after I was asked to move to another seat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 claire.k

Hector! Twice. First time I met he called anyone who doesnt take the time to learn Irish an "ignorant bollox" and the second time he decided to annoyance to the whole pub that he didnt want to be bothered because he was out with his family..no one was even minding him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

claire.k wrote: »
    Hector! Twice. First time I met he called anyone who doesnt take the time to learn Irish an "ignorant bollox" and the second time he decided to annoyance to the whole pub that he didnt want to be bothered because he was out with his family..no one was even minding him.

Yep, met him a few times. Absolute cock.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

claire.k wrote: »

Yea where is he now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I must say I'm pretty disappointed to hear about negative experiences with Dylan Moran, Dara O Briain and Bill Bailey. They're some of my favourite comedians :(

Advertisement