Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudest celeb you've met?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 claire.k

I met Dylan Moran and he was LOVELY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

claire.k wrote: »
    I met Dylan Moran and he was LOVELY

Oh good. Bernard Black used to be my ideal man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Think we found Comic Book Guy:D

Kent Brockman: Excuse me, did you see the six o'clock news?
    Comic Book Guy: No, I get my news from the internet, like a normal person under seventy. Farewell, dinosaur.

Comic Book Guy: Yes, I would like to return your quote-unquote *ultimate* belt.
    Clerk: I see. Do you a receipt, quote-unquote sir?
    Comic Book Guy: No, I do not have a receipt. I won it as a door prize at a Star Trek convention, although I find their choice of prize highly illogical, as the average Trekker has no need of a medium-size belt.
    Clerk: Wow, a fat sarcastic Star Trek fan. You must be a devil with the ladies... gee, I hate to let you down, Casanova, but no receipt, no return.
    Bart: I'll give you four bucks for it.
    Comic Book Guy: Very well. I must get back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than receive them.

That made me laugh out loud! Is it from the Simpsons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Ah, Cunsider, I'm falling a little in love with you. I like it when your mask slips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Indirectly met a couple of celebs whilst i had one of those phone jobs just after i got out of college:

Johnathan Ross: Rang up looking for some fictional convenience store run by an Indian guy. He then closed by questioning my sexual orientation. Very infantile stuff.

Ed Byrne: Looking for a coffee shop somewhere in London. Mildly amusing, and seemed friendly enough.

Flattley: Was doing up an appartment that Jean Butler, (from Riverdance) was interesting in renting, and she bought him round to have a look at it.
    Shook hands with us afterwards and said "Thanks Buddy".

A friend of mine used to work for IBM tech support out in Ballycoolin.
    One phone call he took, the account details said Sharon Stone. May have been an assistant, but he was pretty sure it was her.
    I must say I'm pretty disappointed to hear about negative experiences with Dylan Moran, Dara O Briain and Bill Bailey. They're some of my favourite comedians :(

I'd *like* to think that with Moran it was part of an act.

Bailey... inclined to wonder if it's gone to his head a bit. He seems more interested in appearing on wildlife shows these days, and there's the stories of him refusing to tell any jokes.

O'Briain, i know loads of people think he's hillarious. Never found him funny myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Packie Bonner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Rudest celebrity I ever met was Alex Higgins, about 25 years or so sitting behind him in Geoffs, Had a nephew of mine with me who adorned him. I approached him during the break and asked him for his autograph for the Nephew, he turned around and told the 8 year old to go fcuk off.... I told him he was a total dick head... Shortly after I was asked to move to another seat..

I'm not surprised. If some kid was sticking baubles on me, I'd tell him to fcuk off too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

Ah, Cunsider, I'm falling a little in love with you. I like it when your mask slips.

While not wanting to go off topic, what you appear to mean is that you love it when you think my mask slips. It's true, his post did make me laugh out loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

In LA think it was in The Rainbow Rooms,last 10 or 12 bucks bought two jack and cokes,put one down on the table so I could have a ciggie and Steve-o picked it up and ran off with it! Drank it then hopped over the railings and ran away! We were talking to him for most of the night he was pretty cool though.

We met Billy Bob Thornton having a ciggie outside some restaurant,I went up asked him for a lighter,got it but he was pissed and we couldnt understand him so dont think he was being rude :confused:

Met dylan Moran in melbourne and he was a knob,so then when I saw David o Doherty in Burger King the same day was a bit apprehensive about talking to him but he was spot on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I must say I'm pretty disappointed to hear about negative experiences with Dylan Moran, Dara O Briain and Bill Bailey. They're some of my favourite comedians :(

I often see Bill Bailey around West London. Always seems quite friendly to me.

I can't think of the rudest off hand but I can think of the friendliest; Sinnead O' Connor.

Oh - and Mick Jones. Sound fella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

It is indeed...I've laughed out load at many of their lines:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Can we get this thread back on topic?

My brother met Katie Price, said she was really sound.

The Gallagher brothers are regarded as very sound by someone i know working in the airport.

Anybody ever meet any really famous people? ( You know, not Dylan Moran and Paddy Casey :P)

And for whoever said about Samantha Mumba and the "do you know who i am line"... I heard about her using that somewhere else too... in McDonalds!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

[QUOTE=neil_18_;65234370And for whoever said about Samantha Mumba and the "do you know who i am line"... I heard about her using that somewhere else too... in McDonalds!!![/QUOTE]

Anybody see that docu on her comeback attempt a while back?
    She's a snotty,spoiled,pig-ignorant little prima donna..leaving people waiting for hours at meetings she'd set up..constantly texting while talking to people..throwing hissy fits,the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If that's the kind of prima donna the Billy Barry school produces then I fear for my cousin. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Degsy wrote: »
    She's a snotty,spoiled,pig-ignorant little prima donna..leaving people waiting for hours at meetings she'd set up..constantly texting while talking to people..throwing hissy fits,the lot.

Yes it was a very strange documentary. Considering it was supposed to be about someone who wanted to make a comeback she didn't seem to be too keen doing any work towards the comeback.

Could she have made that much money in the past that she doesn't need to work now? :confused:

amdublin wrote: »
    Could she have made that much money in the past that she doesn't need to work now? :confused:

Not at all..i'd say she made about a million quid..half of that she spent on a house in drumcondra.
    She's just associating with the arseholes of the LA music scene and the arrogance and snottyness has rubbed off on her.
    She was in tropuble a while back for failure to return a deposit to people who were renting her house in dublin.
    They went through the courts to get her to return it and if she doesnt pay up they're going to seize her property.
    She didnt even appear in court to answer the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Morphy

Brendan O'Connor isn't very nice. (I'm not sure if he's been mentioned already because I only read the last couple of pages.)

He's been in my place of work a few times and tried smoking inside. In a public building. When he was asked to step outside, he threw a 'don't you know who I am' hissy fit, then complained to his manager-person about the staff not being nice to him. The manager then approached this member of staff to also give out... but sure he was breaking the law by smoking inside. Staff also work in this particular area of the building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 mike rolite

Morphy wrote: »
    Brendan O'Connor isn't very nice. (I'm not sure if he's been mentioned already because I only read the last couple of pages.)

He's been in my place of work a few times and tried smoking inside. In a public building. When he was asked to step outside, he threw a 'don't you know who I am' hissy fit, then complained to his manager-person about the staff not being nice to him. The manager then approached this member of staff to also give out... but sure he was breaking the law by smoking inside. Staff also work in this particular area of the building.

You can tell he's a cnut by just looking at him. I' m a fairly heavy smoker and no I don't like going outside but I appreciate the fact that I can't allow my choice to smoke affect others. Didnt Bono get in trouble for smoking indoors somewhere in the U.S.?

. Didnt Bono get in trouble for smoking indoors somewhere in the U.S.?

Yep..and also for spraypainting some gibberish on a fountain in america..the man is a tool of the first order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

She was in tropuble a while back for failure to return a deposit to people who were renting her house in dublin.
    They went through the courts to get her to return it and if she doesnt pay up they're going to seize her property.

They're going to seize a €500k house in exchange for a €1/2k deposit? :confused:
    That seems a bit excessive no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I thought she was ok till I saw that show! She acted like she was doing a favour for everyone when in fact everyone in that show were doing her a favour by trying to revive her career. So ungrateful. I get the impression it's all about the money with her...the music didn't bring in enough so she's desperately trying to go the acting route. Can't see it happening.

amdublin wrote: »
    They're going to seize a €500k house in exchange for a €1/2k deposit? :confused:
    That seems a bit excessive no?

No but they go through the house contents..selling stuff for a few quid at auction to make the money up.
    She's so arrognant she doesnt see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 flipperdpriest

twink

twink

Again, someone else says Twink... She must be a right bítch!!!:pac:

Hope i never come across her

Yep..and also for spraypainting some gibberish on a fountain in america..the man is a tool of the first order.

Care to expand or give us a link? Sounds like something worth reading about!

neil_18_ wrote: »
    Care to expand or give us a link? Sounds like something worth reading about!

http://www.u2interview.com/2007/08/19/bono-press-conference-regarding-graffiti/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Lou Reed.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Met Roy Keane once on a plane and he turned out to be pretty sound, chatted all the way on our trip to me about everything.

Niall Quinn is a legend, met him in Tenerife 2 years ago.

David Beckham in London he was alright bit of a dope.

Al Pachino in New York in a Hotel on fifth Avenue, wasn't staying there had a meal and as we walked through the lobby he was there, got loads of pictures and a camcorder clip of him saying....say hello to my little friend.... the guy is a gentleman.

Joe Duffy, Gerry Ryan, Imelda May, Brian Kennedy, Louis Walsh, Westlife and Boyzone, Bernard Dunne, Pierce Brosnan...all at different times in parts of Dublin. Genrally ok other than Ryan, he's a grade 1 arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

The drummer from Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
    Although i may be part to blame..........

Saw them walking past the window of a restaraunt i was in, ran after them with Flea & Keidis walking in front, i only zoned in on Keidis , i thought the rest of the big lads behind were their bodyguards.:D

So when i said to them, "can i get his autograph"
    The drummer said "ask him your ****ing self":pac:

Bahaha thats a great story, no ones ever interested in the drummer! I'd say they get sick of groupies only wanting to do anthony, he's such a ride!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 summer2010

Britney Spears showed me the middle finger when I saw her... But that was because it was in her choreography for "Piece of Me" ... "Get in line with the paparazzi who's flippin' me off".. Kinda an epic moment :D
    Just skip to the 1 minute mark in the vid
    -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I37MG2UOdEc

Advertisement