Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Mastercard No Loading or Purchase Charges (Works with Ryanair)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭LFC5Times

HappyHarry wrote: »
    Yep, you can get a virtual card for just online purchases or you can get a physical card. There is no charge for the physical card and it is not liable for Irish Gov Levy.

Note that Ryanair do not recognise the the virtual cards as eligible pre-paid mastercards and will apply their usual €5 per flight fee but they do recognise the physical cards and no fee applies.

http://public.neteller.com/content/global/cards_index.htm

Is there a cooling off period for the PayZone card? Can you just cancel and get all of your money back?

To be honest I don't know if there is a cooling off period or what not.

I only bought the card, I haven't actually topped it up with any money or registered or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Throw it in the bin or give it to someone you don't like. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭plu

There's a lot of talk here about linking the prepaid master card with your paypal account. In fact using a prepaid master card with paypal is a very bad idea.

- As far as I know you cannot do chargebacks with prepaid cards - unlike a credit card. I've had to do chargebacks through paypal for some transactions where buyer protection doesn't apply / buyer protection claim was disallowed.

- In many cases there is a loading fee to the prepaid master card. Why not pay for goods with the credit card directly with paypal - cut out the middleman and pay no loading fees.

The ONLY reason I would get the prepaid master card is to save with Ryanair flights.
    i would like to know which card i can buy in cork to work with ryan air. where to buy it also how much will it save me. booking flights for family of 4. thank you

Get yourself to the Bishopstown credit union. No loading fees, withdrawaal fees, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

does the dublin city card available in jervis and stephen's green work on ryanair?
    can someone pls confirm?

They work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone know if you can use these cards on online sites such as Amazon and Play?

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

so what do you enter the card as? just like a normal mastercard?

dubmick wrote: »
    so what do you enter the card as? just like a normal mastercard?
    Exactly.

did anyone buy these cards lately?
    i tried city centre and they are out of stock
    looks like the whole dublin is behind these cards for ryanair bookings :-)

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Anyone know where these cards can be bought physically in Cork? And Bond 007, I think if you buy online, Ryanair doesn't waive the charges?

Bond-007 wrote: »

sorry i was talking about Dublin City Gift Card
    which is sold out everywhere now

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I got one in The Pavillions Swords about a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

tommy21 wrote: »
    Anyone know where these cards can be bought physically in Cork? And Bond 007, I think if you buy online, Ryanair doesn't waive the charges?

Apparently you can get them in Bishopstown credit union

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Davy wrote: »
    Im thinking the Blanch version would also work?

http://www.blanchardstowncentre.ie/Gift_Card_.aspx

Crescent SC Limerick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

Does anyone know if these cards can be used to hire a car if I load it with enough euro

They don't work for car hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

tommy21 wrote: »
    Where did you hear this? how would Ryanair know if you bought it online or in a shop? On their site it says:
    Tuesday, December 01, 2009: Ryanair accepts Payzone Worldwide Money as a free form of payment. No administration fee is levied when you book your Ryanair flights online. Save €10 per return flight. by selecting "MASTERCARD PREPAID" when you purchase your flight.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

suppafly wrote: »
    Apparently you can get them in Bishopstown credit union

Just rang them there, they don't. What they have is a mastercard debit card but you can't buy this as a one-off purchase.

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    Where did you hear this? how would Ryanair know if you bought it online or in a shop? On their site it says:

I actually read it somewhere else on boards, so no idea if it is correct unfortunately.

It is most definitely incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

You can't use online only cards but you can use physical ones that you bought online.

You can't use online only cards but you can use physical ones that you bought online.
    Ok gotcha. I ordered mine yesterday online for $6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

el diablo wrote: »
    Ok gotcha. I ordered mine yesterday online for $6.

only had a quick read through this thread so open to correction here:

from what i have read there is no way to buy a online only card and use it to buy ryanair flights you have to have a physical card?

is this correct?

thanks

EDIT: Can you still do the thing where you buy gift vouchers and use them to pay for the flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Is there any prepaid Mastercard that I can buy using Paypal? I have some funds sitting in my Paypal account and would like to use this to buy or fund a card which works with Ryanair.

neacy69 wrote: »
    only had a quick read through this thread so open to correction here:

from what i have read there is no way to buy a online only card and use it to buy ryanair flights you have to have a physical card?

is this correct?

thanks

EDIT: Can you still do the thing where you buy gift vouchers and use them to pay for the flights?
    I ordered the physical card online for €6 and it arrived today. I received a "One-Time Loading Card" and a "Payzone Mastercard". Haven't had a chance to read all the info yet but I'm sure I can book Ryanair flights with it.
    Not sure about the gift vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Hey Guys

Anyone know if Dundrum have the gift card in? heading down there at lunch if they do - got a lot of flights to book :D

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

Hey Guys

Anyone know if Dundrum have the gift card in? heading down there at lunch if they do - got a lot of flights to book :D

Cheers!

They always have them, there is a kiosk near the customer service desk, it's on 2 or 2m take the stairs near the sony store.

You can get the gift card for any amount, just get what you need for the flights so you aren't left with a couple of euro on the card. And KEEP THE CARD even if you used all of the credit, if there is a refund for any reason it will go back on the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

HappyHarry wrote: »
    They always have them, there is a kiosk near the customer service desk, it's on 2 or 2m take the stairs near the sony store.

You can get the gift card for any amount, just get what you need for the flights so you aren't left with a couple of euro on the card. And KEEP THE CARD even if you used all of the credit, if there is a refund for any reason it will go back on the card.

Thanks Harry

And thanks for the sage words of advice :)

Advertisement