Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KISS to play o2 Dublin in May 2010!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

If its selling that poorley, Ill be expecting a ghey indie band to support.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

RayCon wrote: »
    Eh , €70 ...

I thought it was e30?? dunni where I got that from, whas it the priest gig maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I think Preist Fest might have been €49 ... can't remember ... will check my ticket stub later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

kona wrote: »
    If its selling that poorley, Ill be expecting a ghey indie band to support.:mad:

Like I said Kona - I doubt it would be selling that poorly....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,706 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still No News on the support bands if theres going to be any. Anyone hear anything.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Still No News on the support bands if theres going to be any. Anyone hear anything.

so far we've got -

Norway - WigWam
    Sweden - Europe & Mustash
    Germany - Wolfmother

now the initial spiel was that they weren't bringing and Tour Support and that it would be local support bands in each City - but obviously that ain't the case either........Europe are only doing Stockholm and not Malmo ? so it's just to me like they are adding a band that's in the same place at that time and is up for it........so I'm hoping there's someone decent added to it, were the gig here in June I'd be expecting someone off the Download bill to be added........i dont see an announcement being made until close to the date...

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭yknaa

Must get a ticket for this and insure it goes ahead :D
    Priest/Megadeth/Testament was €49 (standing) oke. Bargain.

Cant see a support band of note being added TBH ... my guess will be a run of the mill Irish support slot, the likes of The Blizzards or some similar toss.

Although there's a hair metal type festival in Stockholm a few days before hand .... might get one of these :

Slaughter (US)
    Great White (US)
    Steelheart (US)
    KIX (US)
    Keel (US)
    Dizzy Reed of Guns n Roses (US)
    Pretty Boy Floyd (US)
    BulletBoys (US)
    XYZ (US)
    Vains of Jenna (SE)
    TUFF (US)
    Tigertailz (UK)

On some UK Kiss sites there's a strong rumour that The Quireboys have been lined up for some support slots :rolleyes: ... more time in the bar I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Kiss support confirmed for the Dublin O2 date.

A band called Taking Dawn will be the support.

More Info:

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=9853645&ar=kiss&cat=all

Passenger wrote: »
    Kiss support confirmed for the Dublin O2 date.

A band called Taking Down will be the support. Dosen't seem to be much information about them online.

More Info:

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=9853645&ar=kiss&cat=all

That's because MCD spelt their name wrong, it's :-
    Taking Dawn

going to give their album a spin later tonight.....

• Advertisement

Listening to a few of their tunes on myspace now , they're horribily poppy - I'll give that a wide berth.

Although they do a cover of Fleetwood Mac's The Chain - kudos for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Although they do a cover of Fleetwood Mac's The Chain - kudos for that

Jesus wept. That's one of my untouchables. Is it any good? Or should I avoid in case my head explodes?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

just heard them/seen on you tube they do seem pretty poppy alright, they can play their instruments though

also on myspace i think its funny the have the bassist down as "lead bass"

Never heard of them though but from listening to some of there songs they sound good.

Very catchy.

Jesus wept. That's one of my untouchables. Is it any good? Or should I avoid in case my head explodes?!!

Listened to it twice now ... if you haven't , don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

MCD throwing a ****e support band into the mix!?

Someone call Sky News!

Taking Dawn are not bad . What there like Live is a different story so we will have to wait and see. unless your at the bar

MCD throwing a ****e support band into the mix!?

Someone call Sky News!

They aren't chosed by MCD - they are on Road Runner - same label in Europe as KISS (and why they are also on the Airbourne tour)

1 month to go !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WRECKEDEM

I must say you folks are getting me fired up for my 36th KISS concert, not that i needed much firing up as I am seeing my favorite band play outside the states for the first time. I bought ten tickets for friends and relatives and plan on having a KISS Craic.
    Saw the band last year in Detroit (Rock City) and New Oreleans and while Paul IS struggling with his voice, they KILLED both times. Tommy Thayer does Ace Frehley better than Ace Frehley...and I love Ace.

Looks like this show is a go. They would have canceled it by now. Tickets are very reasonably priced for a Dublin gig and I would encourage everyone who is a fan of rock n roll to NOT MISS THIS SHOW. It will most likely be your only chance to catch KISS in Dublin.

• Advertisement

I bought 2 tickets for friends last night and decided to treat myself to the Kiss fanclub option but i have not got any email with a code or anything. I used ticketfast and have the recepit for the fan club memebership.

Anyone else join the club from ticketmaster and got an email about it.

WRECKEDEM wrote: »
    Tommy Thayer does Ace Frehley better than Ace Frehley...and I love Ace. .

*shakes fist* Watch it man .... no disrespecting Ace allowed. I shall be wearing my Ace Frehley T Shirt at the gig in a show of solidarity with our fallen Space brother

"Rock soldiers come
    And rock soldiers go
    And some hear the drum
    And some never know
    Rock soldiers! How do we know?
    Ace is back and he told you so"

;)

*shakes fist* Watch it man .... no disrespecting Ace allowed. I shall be wearing my Ace Frehley T Shirt at the gig in a show of solidarity with our fallen Space brother

;)

LOL. i actually wore my Ace Frehley shirt to Maiden at The Point in 2003. Hey, I love ACE too and we both know there is no substitute, but Tommy is a suitable replacement. His solos on Sonic Boom uhhhh SMOKE, especially on Modern Day Delilah.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone else order face paint for the gig?

I`m going with 3 other friends and we ordered make up and wigs from the States. Have them here ready to go!:D

Wonder what the attendence will be. Deff not a sell out.

just checked ticketbastard yesterday and they only had standing seats left. my question is are all standing spots in front of the seats? if so, seems you pay less to get closer. i'd estimate that KISS will draw in the 6-7 thousand range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just bought a good mate a ticket for this for his birthday! There's a big gang of us going now!!!:D Should be great craic!!! Cannot wait!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

WRECKEDEM wrote: »
    just checked ticketbastard yesterday and they only had standing seats left. my question is are all standing spots in front of the seats? if so, seems you pay less to get closer. i'd estimate that KISS will draw in the 6-7 thousand range.

The standing area is on the floor, so yes those tickets are closer to the stage.

adox wrote: »
    Anyone else order face paint for the gig?

I`m going with 3 other friends and we ordered make up and wigs from the States. Have them here ready to go!:D

I've got a great black eye liner that's a felt tip marker - much better than paint for drawing with. I think the white is sooo irritating to put on. I'm gonna leave it off and just do my eyes. (And wear my costume of course!) :cool: Too sweaty in a wig - oh, I'm half assed!

• Advertisement

peter1892 wrote: »
    The standing area is on the floor, so yes those tickets are closer to the stage.

And the closest you'll get. No pit for some reason! But the stage barrier is very wide and you can still have a great view from the sides of the stage :)

Why anyone would want to sit for a rock concert is beyond me :confused:

Advertisement