Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

KISS to play o2 Dublin in May 2010!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jemmaa wrote: »
    Oh God!

Can you post Beth also? Please

It's not up yet but when it is i'll stick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone here the new recordings of the old classics. decent enogh although im just going to kiss to see the show and the costumes and wont not know too many kiss songs. Probly not the only bandwagon fan that is going to be there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone here the new recordings of the old classics. decent enogh although im just going to kiss to see the show and the costumes and wont not know too many kiss songs. Probly not the only bandwagon fan that is going to be there lol

Dude you've got over 2 months to learn the songs, just get to know some,
    Here's a few to check out that i'm pretty sure they'll play

Detroit rock city
    Beth
    Rock and roll all night
    God of Thunder
    I was made for loving you
    Lovegun
    Strutter
    Deuce

scudzilla wrote: »
    It's not up yet but when it is i'll stick it up

Is it just me or is that stage tiny??

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Is it just me or is that stage tiny??

nope, the stage is tiny, capacity for the academy is only 850, so imagine an average sized nightclub's stage and you'll get the idea.

I've been there twice and it's a great little venue

• Advertisement

nope, the stage is tiny, capacity for the academy is only 850, so imagine an average sized nightclub's stage and you'll get the idea.

I've been there twice and it's a great little venue

850!!! wow thats brilliant, i'd say it was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Is it only me or does the crowd seem a little tame?I sure to god hope it isnt like that here.
    The band dont seem particularly tight either, hopefully practice makes perfect :)

Kiss Saves Santa. lol

850!!! wow thats brilliant, i'd say it was amazing

I've heard that only 200 or so went on general sale, the rest was to record company peeps, comp winners and fan club.

It says on the Tickets Kiss Plus Special Guests.

I heard a rumor that there is only going to be local support not any big name support for Dublin.

So i would not call a local band Special Guests lol

• Advertisement

It says on the Tickets Kiss Plus Special Guests.

I heard a rumor that there is only going to be local support not any big name support for Dublin.

So i would not call a local band Special Guests lol

Im hoping for Buckcherry.

Local Bands = Gick.

No offense to Local bands who actually play music that Kiss Fans may appreciate, but when a Irish Promoter says "Local Band" we get some bunch of Ghey wimps like the Coronas or Director, or a band that begins with "THE".
    If this happens a similar situation like that at Aerosmith may occur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

kona wrote: »

Local Bands = Gick.

No offense to Local bands who actually play music that Kiss Fans may appreciate, but when a Irish Promoter says "Local Band" we get some bunch of Ghey wimps like the Coronas or Director, or a band that begins with "THE".

+1 it better not be some emo di*khead band..

wouldn't mind if "The Answer" supported, would fit in perfect aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Considering the ticket price , €50, and the size of the production ... expect a "local" band. There's no way there'll be funding for a "recognised name" as support (unless their Record Company pick up the tab).

RayCon wrote: »
    Considering the ticket price , €50, and the size of the production ... expect a "local" band. There's no way there'll be funding for a "recognised name" as support (unless their Record Company pick up the tab).

Remember, Whitesnake+ Def Leppard + Tesla + Journey last year? that was only e30 or so.

I wonder what the chances of Kiss playing Forever in there Setlist lol. Very Slim Chance. Very underated song in my opinion.

Local Bands = Gick.

Similar to Paddy Casey supporting Pearl Jam a few years back, he went down really really well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love someone like Buckcherry , seen them at Rock Im Park last year and they were class. Wolfmother are supporting them during some of the European Tour

Similar to Paddy Casey supporting Pearl Jam a few years back, he went down really really well :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Like the blizzards supporting AC/DC last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I wonder what the chances of Kiss playing Forever in there Setlist lol. Very Slim Chance. Very underated song in my opinion.

It depends on what sort of a set they decide on, if it's gonna have a lot of the new album on it then probably slim, but it's definitely been played in shows over the last year.......would be nice to get a bit of variation in the set......but I'm just happy I'm gonna get to see them here indoors :D

with regards to support acts - it's March and they are announcing different support acts for different gigs, so hopefully someone will be doing the UK shows and they'll bring them over........if it's a decision left to the Promoters I'll be at the bar....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Flip the support.

KISS are all that really matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Dude you've got over 2 months to learn the songs, just get to know some,
    Here's a few to check out that i'm pretty sure they'll play

Detroit rock city
    Beth
    Rock and roll all night
    God of Thunder
    I was made for loving you
    Lovegun
    Strutter
    Deuce

+ Do You Love Me :eek:
    + Goin Blind :cool:
    + Shout It Out Loud :P
    + Hot Black Woman :o

and a few more :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Jemmaa wrote: »

and a few more :rolleyes:

Shock me!! .... Put on your black leather :eek:

They call me, they call me Doctor Love! <3:o

According to Paul Stanley They are deff going to play the following on the tour

Crazy Crazy Nights
    God Gave Rock N Roll To You II
    Modern Day Deliah
    Say Yeah
    Im An Animal

Probly will also play Love Gun (Where he flys over the Crowd lol. Dont think the o2 is build for that lol) ,Detroit Rock City, Lick It Up, Rock And Roll All Nite and Maybe I Was Made For Loving You.

This is the first time ever Kiss will play in Dublin. 1996 Dublin Gig was Canceled and They played Belfast in 1988 so never played a gig in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

anyone slightly concerned they may cancel this? standing tickets are still plentiful and decent seating is still available. apparently they cancelled in '96 due to poor ticket sales. I'd be majorly dissapointed if they did. I think they probably could have done with dropping the price by a tenner

Will probly only be around 2000 at the gig. So if u have seated tickets you could probly sit anywhere lol.

Just wondering will the o2 be the same layout as the picture below or will the lower section of seats be gone.
    O2dublininterior.jpg

Will probly only be around 2000 at the gig.

Man, 2000 X €50 = €100,000 .... €100,000 would not fund this gig ...MCD would be at a loss ... if only 2000 tickets are sold I can see it being cancelled big time.

Wonder how many tickets Skynyrd have sold for tonights show in the O2 ?

Remember, Whitesnake+ Def Leppard + Tesla + Journey last year? that was only e30 or so.

Eh , €70 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

RayCon wrote: »
    Man, 2000 X €50 = €100,000 .... €100,000 would not fund this gig ...MCD would be at a loss ... if only 2000 tickets are sold I can see it being cancelled big time.

Wonder how many tickets Skynyrd have sold for tonights show in the O2 ?

It would already have been pulled if they hadn't sold a certain amount of tickets by now - at least I wouldn't see any reason for them to proceed unless they thought it was going to do decent business......

Why do you think there would only be 2000 at this PTH ?
    to be honest I think I already know more people that are going to this than had bought tickets in '96.......I'm hoping it's gonna be a really good turnout.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

I couldn't see any gig going ahead at the O2 with ticket sales of 2000. Even for a fully seated concert there that's less than a quarter capacity.

Advertisement