Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania.ie - price error, can they charge more?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭iknorr

i havent given up.

Im gonna keep pestering them.

As you say alot of good has come from this.

i think alot of people have received an eduction on parts of consumer law from this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭carab

Have only just seen this thread. I got the email re: 'my' request for a refund today too. Like most other people, I wasn't really expecting to get the player. If I got an email saying a mistake was made bla bla...would have thought 'fair enough' but when I saw todays email, I got really annoyed. I have asked them to forward me a copy of my refund request. Doubt I'll even get a reply. First and last order for many of us, I'd say! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

iknorr wrote: »
    i think alot of people have received an eduction on parts of consumer law from this thread.

And a lot more people have received an eduction on how greedy, unreasonable, unfair and unnecessarily litigious some people can be from this thread.

It's been quite an educational thread all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

carab wrote: »
    Have only just seen this thread. I got the email re: 'my' request for a refund today too. Like most other people, I wasn't really expecting to get the player. If I got an email saying a mistake was made bla bla...would have thought 'fair enough' but when I saw todays email, I got really annoyed. I have asked them to forward me a copy of my refund request. Doubt I'll even get a reply. First and last order for many of us, I'd say! :rolleyes:

don’t understand why people are pissed off by Pixmania not sending out an apology. Ye tried to blatantly scam the company so why do you think they should treat you any better.

They seem to be refunding people pretty quickly which is quite good of them considering they could take weeks to refund and piss everyone off.

some of the people on here just seem to have a past grudge against pixmania and are using this to claim some sort of mini victory.Ive used them before, never had a problem with them and will continue to use them until i do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Thanks for your educated contribution.

Dont mention it.2nd part was me editing just in case people thought i was a randomer passing by telling people to stfu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

omega666 wrote: »
    don’t understand why people are pissed off by Pixmania not sending out an apology. Ye tried to blatantly scam the company so why do you think they should treat you any better.

They seem to be refunding people pretty quickly which is quite good of them considering they could take weeks to refund and piss everyone off.

some of the people on here just seem to have a past grudge against pixmania and are using this to claim some sort of mini victory.Ive used them before, never had a problem with them and will continue to use them until i do.

if you make a mistake you apologise, rather than try and lie to cover it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    if you make a mistake you apologise, rather than try and lie to cover it up.

If it's a mistake and people order it without realizing then yeah most certainly
    an apology is required.

When people blatantly know it’s a mistake and try to take advantage by order 2 or 3 of them ( 8 in one case!) in the
    hope the company won’t notice then that’s a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

omega666 wrote: »
    If it's a mistake and people order it without realizing then yeah most certainly
    an apology is required.

When people blatantly know it’s a mistake and try to take advantage by order 2 or 3 of them ( 8 in one case!) in the
    hope the company won’t notice then that’s a different story.

That still does not excuse the company, rather than taking responsibility and admitting a mistake, sending out emails that are at least, dishonest, and at worst fraudulent.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Hi,
    Just got an email from Paypal that I've been refunded, nothing from Pixmania....yet......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i got their email about that my request is being proceeded...but i just emailed to consumer care...they rang me back saying that under irish laws the deal has been set because i got a confirmation from pixmania and paypal that the money has been set...but...he said because its company based in france their laws might be different therefore the validation of contract might be nill...i got a number for european consumer rights...gonna try that 2mo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

i got their email about that my request is being proceeded...but i just emailed to consumer care...they rang me back saying that under irish laws the deal has been set because i got a confirmation from pixmania and paypal that the money has been set...but...he said because its company based in france their laws might be different therefore the validation of contract might be nill...i got a number for european consumer rights...gonna try that 2mo :)

Do you know what the number they rang you off was? I had a missed call and was looking forward to hearing their response!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

frobisher wrote: »
    I may be a cynic, but this could be some very, very effective guerrilla promotion of their site. It has generated huge traffic!

was thinking something similar - great marketing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

i havent given up.

Im gonna keep pestering them.

As you say alot of good has come from this.

Not from you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The guy from the consumer association may be wrong here - confirmations can be retracted if there is a misrepresentation (usually deliberate, but can be genuine) in the contract.

We had the same line being trotted out during the Littlewoods debacle last year - and it annoyed me just as much then. For every one correct fact, there were 5 incorrect facts.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The proof of the pudding would be if any of these guys from the NCA or CAI actually wrote a letter on headed paper stating what they seem to spout over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

i think in all fairness we aint gettin them would love to hear if a few boards members did, my family put in multible orders some have been refunded on some orders

my own order personally has a order of three that paymeant was made approx 10pm on the sunday night
    this order has not been dispatched or refunded yet
    (so prob gettin a refund email soon)

so moral of the story is pixmania are crap dont order from them end of

they should have at least said look we made a mistake?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dxhound2003

I always love this game

1. great find
    2. has to be a misprint
    3. they have to honour it dont they?
    4. no they dont look at the term and conditions.
    5. A thats not fair order cancelled
    6. At least we got vouchers for a tiny discount, for our trouble

Posted by Zonda999 in the other thread on Sunday. And it came to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Thank God there are some reasonable people left here!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

During my 8 month ordeal with Pixmania.. one person I e-mailed personally helped me out a lot among the crappy customer service with Pixmania.

So I e-mailed this person to find out the story.. the reply I got was:
    Thank you for your e-mail.
    As you will have noticed the price of the product sold was a typing error: the price was below the real value of the item and in no way reflective of the real value.
    Legally, the order is not valid as the price is deemed vile.
    We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note the error has been corrected and you can now place a new order for the same item. This will be dealt with immediately.
    Best Regards..

Don't ask me this person's name or e-mail because I don't want he / she hassled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I always love this game

1. great find
    2. has to be a misprint
    3. they have to honour it dont they?
    4. no they dont look at the term and conditions.
    5. A thats not fair order cancelled
    6. At least we got vouchers for a tiny discount, for our trouble

Posted by Zonda999 in the other thread on Sunday. And it came to pass.

More like:
    1. Great find OP!:eek:
    2. Got to be a misprint :rolleyes:
    3. Haha, I know its a misprint, I know I wont get it, i'll order one of anyway for the craic :pac:
    4. Ive ordered 42 of them, and mailed everyone I know to do the same!:p
    5. They have to honour it, don't they?:confused:
    6. Goddamn it, they cancelled, I really thought I would get it :mad:
    7. They have to honour it, don't they?
    8. Call Joe Duffy!:mad:
    9. I just sent an angry mail off to their customer service department, i'll definitely get it now! :)
    10. They replied to my mail saying it was a mistake and im not getting it :(
    11. Insert store are a pack of chancers, im never buying from them again! :mad:
    12. They better pay me inflation on the money they held for 2 days or im suing them!:mad:
    13. Im calling Joe Duffy :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭event

well i hope you realised that they dont have to sell it to you at the price it was advertised at

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

basquille wrote: »
    During my 8 month ordeal with Pixmania.. one person I e-mailed personally helped me out a lot among the crappy customer service with Pixmania.

Don't ask me this person's name or e-mail because I don't want he / she hassled!

Seems like that email was a standard reply since i got the exact same email. Either that or we mailed the same person and she doesn't feel like typing the same response a hundred times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

More like:
    1. Great find OP!:eek:
    2. Got to be a misprint :rolleyes:
    3. Haha, I know its a misprint, I know I wont get it, i'll order one of anyway for the craic :pac:
    4. Ive ordered 42 of them, and mailed everyone I know to do the same!:p
    5. They have to honour it, don't they?:confused:
    6. Goddamn it, they cancelled, I really thought I would get it :mad:
    7. They have to honour it, don't they?
    8. Call Joe Duffy!:mad:
    9. I just sent an angry mail off to their customer service department, i'll definitely get it now! :)
    10. They replied to my mail saying it was a mistake and im not getting it :(
    11. Insert store are a pack of chancers, im never buying from them again! :mad:
    12. They better pay me inflation on the money they held for 2 days or im suing them!:mad:
    13. Im calling Joe Duffy :mad:

This is a valid point, how much interest earned did Pixmania make?

Thank you for your e-mail.
    As you will have noticed the price of the product sold was a typing error: the price was below the real value of the item and in no way reflective of the real value.
    Legally, the order is not valid as the price is deemed vile.
    We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please note the error has been corrected and you can now place a new order for the same item. This will be dealt with immediately.
    Best Regards..

See I think this is what p*sses people off. They have told you out straight that the product is in stock and available to order at full price. However, rather than emailing people, apologising and saying they are processing refunds immediately. They are claiming the item is out of stock, in one case 'discontinued'.

I never actually expected to get the blu ray player, I stated as much from the start, but it was worth giving it a shot. However the way they have gone about this is disgraceful, their customer service leaves alot to be desired.

I have used pixmania in the past and found them fine for delivering on time etc, however the one time I had a problem with them, I found their CS shocking. This proves without a shadow of doubt, that they have not improved in any way, and are very very unlikely to.

At least I can confirm that I will not use pixmania ever again. Not because they didn't honour the price,but because they were underhanded with the way in which they dealt with the error.

@Rubadub. I hope you get your blu ray player! Class if you do. I ordered by Visa a few minutes before you but alas I got my refund email today :(

I didn't order because even if i had kept it quiet they would not have honoured even a single order. Everyone *must* have known they would never come through....so ask yourselves, honestly....why did you order?

In my first posting i made it clear it must be a mistake, but yet the attitude was "sure i'll chance me arm", but was that the real reason?

Or was it for the craic, a disgrunteled former customer?, bandwagon?.....
    I'd never complain or email or call, as long as they refunded my 16 quid quickly i'd say fair enough. We all knew we were chancers and tryna pull a fast one.....if i had kept it quiet and just one order went through and i got it...i knew i was pulling a fast one.

I posted my BA for the craic and to see the reaction....thats being honest, 25,000 views, some 350+ replies, good banter and laugh, thats why i posted.....so why did you order?

so why did you order?

For the craic and chancing my arm. I'd have been raging if I hadn't given it a shot and everyone who ordered got shiny new toys for a squid. But no, I never actually expected to get it, as I said in the other thread, it was worth temporarily losing the funds from my CC for the banter!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I ordered for the craic! Left it til the morning after you posted the alert though:rolleyes: I know they never honour these mis-prices but I jumped on the bandwagon at the last minute just on the off chance that they might:o. Still, as I said before, these threads make great reading and Voodu child's post says it all really-had me in stitches:pac:

If it's just banter then let it be, one day disruption and headache for Pix was funny enough for me. But to anyone to further stress, call, be annoyed etc. is a waste of precious energy.

We had our fun, if you wanted to get back at 'em for any reason...mission accomplished, drnks all round. But let it be now, yer just stressing and wasting time/money on a shower not worthy of it.

Don't worry...somethig else will com along to capture our attention :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Fairplay Basquille...Thanks for that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Do you know what the number they rang you off was? I had a missed call and was looking forward to hearing their response!

no the number didnt show up :)
    dudara wrote: »
    The guy from the consumer association may be wrong here - confirmations can be retracted if there is a misrepresentation (usually deliberate, but can be genuine) in the contract.

We had the same line being trotted out during the Littlewoods debacle last year - and it annoyed me just as much then. For every one correct fact, there were 5 incorrect facts.

well as he said if you were willing to take this to the small claims court you would be fighting a hard case because an average consumer knows that you cant buy a dvd player for 1 euro :) so therefore its reasonable and a logical mistake where you could be trying to take advantage of therefore it would be hard 2 try getting the dvd players of them...plus dont know the the EU trading laws... on other note i do Law in college and tbh the fella on the phone was able explain it easier to me on the phone the thing i was strugling with learning in law...though it does state that were both parties are known of the mistake the contract would be considered as nill...though i just wanna take this futher cause some ppl confirmed that they got confirmation of their orders being sent out...which is alot of bolox :) so will try with the EU trade laws department in dublin 2mo :) if some1 is bored heres the number --> 01 8090600

Advertisement