Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE STORYLAND 2 Promos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Brendan Canty

Neither were we. Storyland's loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Neither were we. Storyland's loss!

Really? Quite surprised at that. Secretly though yours was great. Perhaps students are just a no go?

It was a final 12 this year, not 20 so don't be too disheartened guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Is the shortlist online anywhere?
    Anyone know who did get shortlisted?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Neither were we.

Ah well - I was fairly pleased with our project but there you go. Onwards and upwards.

which one was yours again?

Perhaps students are just a no go?

normally this would be true. Alot of funding schemes would exclude students.

But as I said earlier Storyland has the worse application form I have seen for such a project, feck all information on what can and cannot be accepted etc.

quite frankly it probably means they went in wanting something specific and if you weren't even close they just drop you.

if the roaring twenties crowd get funded again I am leaving the country and never coming back (which I was doing anyway :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    which one was yours again?

We didn't upload our pitch onto Youtube. You have my word though it was the only finest Storyland submission I have ever made. :)

I would imagine that the standard of entries was very high though. I've talked with some very established directors that were putting in pitches this year. It will be very interesting to see who has made the final 12.

(I need to stop saying 'very' so much)

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Really? Quite surprised at that. Secretly though yours was great. Perhaps students are just a no go?

Cheers buddy! Meh what you gonna do. We'll try and find someone else to fund it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭johnfunk

if the roaring twenties crowd get funded again I am leaving the country and never coming back (which I was doing anyway :D)

They got shortlisted!

Along with three other teams Ive heard of so far. Judging by their entries the standard was kinda high.

Not surprised about the ones that didn't make it.

ahh well RTE are a glutten for punishment.

Which one of the two got shortlisted?

please god tell me its not the vampireo one.

It was the Vampire one how did you guess.

• Advertisement

Sweet merciful christ.

And they say that its a *story* focused project...

Ive not heard how the project I was attached to got on as the writer is working away and she was the point of contact.

Like you said earlier its a very vague application process.

JP

who were the three other teams and do you have an idea of their pieces?

Well one of the guys who was shortlisted is somebody Ive had do some editing for me in the past, goes by the name souljacker productions. Another two guys who contribute to filmmakersnetwork.ie also got shortlisted

ahh ok..took a quick look. I'd mumble that my tastes and notion of what makes online drama unique seem to be very different from RTE's as two of the shortlisted pieces they have picked I personnally would not have picked. Though to be fair, Silent walls could be good, I just thought the pitch was a bit heavy personnally.

I think for the sake of peace I wont comment with my filmmakers account over there considering my dislike of the mariana entry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kevin McGahern

so does anyone know the names of the shows that were shortlisted?

I didn't get shortlisted either, disappointed for the writer as i thought her idea was a cracker.

Four of them have been named over on the filmmakers network

Mariana

Silent Walls

Butchers

Subprime Six

johnfunk knows one more that got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kevin McGahern

cheers

another one announced there *From the Dark*

sci fi psychological thriller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JackSwain

Hey now.

I submitted and entry and have yet to get an email or a call from RTE.

Any idea when RTE are posting up the shortlist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danemcd

hey guys, we got shortlisted also for the Storyland2 project with out film Star Feck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM4cYgfaVA8

Well done to all who were shortlisted!

danemcd wrote: »
    hey guys, we got shortlisted also for the Storyland2 project with out film Star Feck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM4cYgfaVA8

Well done to all who were shortlisted!

well done.

hope you go pretty far in the project...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 danemcd

well done.

hope you go pretty far in the project...

Hey Blitz,

Thanks for your support!! and i see you have been offered a place in Film School... good luck with that mate, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

RTE have posted the six commissioned series for StoryLand 2 :)
    http://www.rte.ie/storyland/

BUTCHERS
    From Brothers Gonna Work it Out ltd “Meat is Murder (But Also Delicious)”

DAILY STRIFE
    From Poca Productions “All Glenn wants to do it change his life and leave his wife but daily strife keeps getting in the way.”

MARIANA
    From Eekreb Films Ltd “Mariana is a normal, happy, ambitious woman. She’s also a 400 year old vampire.”

STAR FECK!
    From Maccana Teoranta “Feck it into Space. A Cavan Space crew (one half Monaghan) and a three foot alien called Romtox have a cargo to feck into Space…”

WE OWN THE STREETS
    From Chutney Films Ltd “There comes a time when you have to stop running.”

ZOMBIE BASHERS
    From Tailored Films Ltd “Don’t get eaten; our prices can’t be beaten!”

cartom wrote: »

BUTCHERS
    From Brothers Gonna Work it Out ltd “Meat is Murder (But Also Delicious)”

Havnt seen or heard anything about this, but its from the admin of filmmakersnetwork.ie who i've met and seems to be a bloke who has his head screwed on right. Bit of a delictessan vibe from the quote?

DAILY STRIFE
    From Poca Productions “All Glenn wants to do it change his life and leave his wife but daily strife keeps getting in the way.”

heard nothing about this, sounds like a straight forward enough premise.

MARIANA
    From Eekreb Films Ltd “Mariana is a normal, happy, ambitious woman. She’s also a 400 year old vampire.”

f*ck f*ck f*ck f*ck

at least it'll look pretty

STAR FECK!
    From Maccana Teoranta “Feck it into Space. A Cavan Space crew (one half Monaghan) and a three foot alien called Romtox have a cargo to feck into Space…”

Liked the pitch so I'm happy it made it and look forward to seeing it. Though the blurb seems a bit different to the pitch.
    WE OWN THE STREETS
    From Chutney Films Ltd “There comes a time when you have to stop running.”

heard nothing of this, seems a bit more *aggressive* then the rest which seem to be black comedy's of sorts.
    ZOMBIE BASHERS
    From Tailored Films Ltd “Don’t get eaten; our prices can’t be beaten!”

Seems this was the piece that probably knocked bugbusters out maybe?

Cant complain about the choices much myself I only seen the pitches of two of them and the only one bugging me about getting in is mariana.

looking forward to the first round.

EDIT:

oh the promos are up on the website. One min as I watch them

EDIT EDIT

Ok took a look at them and yeah working from the bottom up.

Zombie Bashers clearly stole bugbusters thunder and is probably very much the reason they didnt get shortlisted. The promo was good enough, the audio was pretty weak, the actors dont seem to giving it much, but it was very well paced and had a good look to it.

We Own The Streets sounds very serious from its title and blurb but its pretty much on par with the rest of them on being a comedy, the promo was fine, though there is probably only so far you can take the really tame free running so hopefully they got plans to do more with it.

Star Feck and Mariana we already know

I was really surprised with Daily Strife, it looks like it could be quite good. the exposure was a bit off but with a budget it could be cleaned up and working quite nicely.

Butchers was a bit disapointing a series of puns didnt really catch me and killed my thinking of something a bit more bizarre...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

cartom wrote: »

MARIANA

If she was a 400 year old vampire, then she wouldn't be normal, would she?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Lets face it... This one should have got through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDCEUNx8fo4

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭high heels

Ill agree with you there that looks good.. Who paid for it? was it a college thing? The lights looked class.

The rest look crap like last years bunch.. Nothing will come out of it other than a job to the people who cant get a job in the industry for a few weeks..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

vard wrote: »
    Lets face it... This one should have got through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDCEUNx8fo4

Horrible overacting from that 'American guy'. Also, wasn't it supposed to be a 30 sec pitch not a whole scene?

Have you read the script from that one? It's hard to tell from a pitch how the whole series will pan out. The first episode might have been very weak. Who knows?

Advertisement