Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE STORYLAND 2 Promos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭johnfunk

interesting premise but hilarious is not a word id use to describe it. pitch doesnt quite give enough info as to how the story will progress but i have always found the cavan accent funny!

fataldanja wrote: »
    Posted this in the wrong thread - so moved it here (Sorry Blitzkreig)

Hey guys,

I'm not too sure if many people watched last years storyland videos on the RTE Website, but the second series is underway..

here is a video for Maccana Teoranta's submission pitch.

I think it is hilarious, i cant wait to see more.. what do you guys think??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM4cYgfaVA8

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Personally I'm not gone on the jumpcuts, they don't work with the pace of the dialogue. Also - it's too long of a pitch, a few lines from her and the vampire face effect would have been much punchier. A lot of the pitches seem to have gone far beyond RTE's requested 30 seconds.

I have noticed that alot of people have broken the 30rule too wonder if this will count against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

well considering that the crowd who broke it were successful last year in their pitch, maybe they know something others dont (that rte dont care?)

I've already made my opinion of Marianna earlier. Its bad script pulls it down alot.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    well considering that the crowd who broke it were successful last year in their pitch, maybe they know something others dont (that rte dont care?)

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me if they set these rules and then broke them. Has anyone seen the state of the information videos on the storyland website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yeah, I seem to remember their pitch last year being less than 30 seconds though. I dunno. I doubt RTE will discount something good but surely going well over the requested time will reflect negatively on a proposal.

And I'm not just talking about Marianna here. There's a few pitches up on Youtube that are well over the length. Bugbusters is long as is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDCEUNx8fo4

• Advertisement

Whats the expression style over content? Wishing I had actually bothered to submit something now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Brendan Canty

You should make your profile public so people not on Facebook can at least read it.

Ya I ticked all the boxes to make it public but for some reason it still isn't. I'll try and sort it out later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 emermaguire

Have a look at this 30 second promo and let me know what you think.

'Help Vanted' follows the humourous antics of Vladimir, a vampire who works in Human Resourse Managment and his fellow colleagues: Babs the mother hen, Donal the office grouch and Mel the resident party girl. Vladimir resists the urge to eat his associates as he slays unsuspecting characters that enter their office each week, for his own survival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQNpUGBQo9w

• Advertisement

all storyland threads merged into one super thread for discussion.

On a side note, I just got accepted into the london film school so I am excited. So very very very excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

On a side note, I just got accepted into the london film school so I am excited. So very very very excited.

Congratulations! That's a tough school to get into.

Our producer got an email from Storyland today (as I presume most entrants would have) saying that shortlisted projects would be informed by 24th November.

Good luck to everyone that has an application in!

Wow man! Congrats...that's great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JackSwain

Haven't seen all the other promos but I really liked Bugbusters. The special effects in Mariana were very impressive. Star Feck looks lovely.

39 second promo for superhero comedy, Ed Venture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf0egxdg5z8

Cheers man! :) Hopefully we make the last 20 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 deckydunbar

Here's the preview episode for our storyland 2 entry - Bugbusters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVLhFsPoXc
    A weapons raid gone wrong leads to the escape of a lethal and vicious Flyman (a part fly/part man phenomenon) who wastes no time finding it's first kill.
    Victims of the Flyman quickly become Flymen themselves, and so Cork city is soon riddled with these monsters. With both the Gardai and Army curiously occupied, the Mayor of Cork reluctantly hires The Bugbusters (an incredibly extreme quartet of exterminators) to deal with the problem before the Flymen carry out their plan to seize control of the region's entire supply of sugar.
    Armed with their gung-ho attitude, fantastic outfits and heavy artillery, The Bugbusters clamp down on the presence of Flymen in Cork.
    However, a failed attempt to capture the original and most dangerous Flyman results in the Mayor taking them off the case, much to his delight.
    Down and despondant, The Bugbusters are soon reminded of their place in society and that what they do best is killing bugs. Now as renegade vigilantes, the Bugbusters hatch a plan to lure the Flyman in and finish him off once and for all.

No offence but that's just brutal. RTE will love it.

No offence but that's just brutal. RTE will love it.

Hopefully we'll get the chance to prove you wrong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 endaoconnor

Is it possible that all the entrants put in a 30 second pitch to RTE and then put up longer version on the net?

Anyway here are my two entries into storyland2, they are both 30 seconds.

Silent Walls
    http://www.vimeo.com/7723822

Bewildering Life
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaXWSsU92jE

There are already 7 episodes of Bewildering Life online.
    www.bewilderinglife.com

Enda

is bewildering life eligable?

I thought the goal of the competition was to find new programmes rather then fund already established ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 endaoconnor

I made the 7 episodes of Bewildering Life by myself, for zero money, so no, I would not call it established.

• Advertisement

I made the 7 episodes of Bewildering Life by myself, for zero money, so no, I would not call it established.

but you already have a seven part series made, regardless of money.

From the website itself:
    RTÉ is seeking submissions for 6 new pilot drama series to go online from January to June 2010.

but you already have a seven part series made, regardless of money.

From the website itself:

The Hardy Bucks last year already had a following and episodes available online before they entered.

The Hardy Bucks last year already had a following and episodes available online before they entered.

kind of glad I gave storyland a miss then...with the lack of information and guidelines it just seems to be a mess of a project sometimes.

So...... anyone receive an email yet?

Nope not yet. You?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Yes!

...I mean no. lol

Haven't heard anything from our producer so I'm presuming not as of yet.

Hopefully they will get them out by the end of the day so we'll know one way or the other.

Twenty projects got shortlisted last year as far as I know. I wonder will they cut that number down since they're only funding six this time around.

Diarmsquid wrote: »
    Yes!

...I mean no. lol

Oh Diarm, you are quite the jester. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Wasn't shortlisted :(

• Advertisement

Neither were we.

Ah well - I was fairly pleased with our project but there you go. Onwards and upwards.

Advertisement