Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Music (Band, DJ, Singer) ONE POST PER BAND ONLY! Read post #1 First!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 the fella who

Anyone know of any good wedding bands?

the price they charge?
    We can highly recommend the Whiskey River Band, they played our wedding in Trim CoMeath and the whole floor up dancing all night. Being a six piece band they played all types of music with a definite folk, country, rock slant. Very professional and not too costly....Job well done!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Anyone ever use this guy and is he any good, thinking of booking for our wedding.

http://www.djdamien.net/

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Hi,
    Thinking of having the Glitterbugs as our wedding band...
    Anyone ever have them?
    What did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Yoda08

have never seen them at a wedding but excellent band..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

A friend of ours stands in with them on guitar every once in a while, they are a great band, well respected in the music circle too and a great laugh, we wanted them but they were booked on our date, their stand in did it with his band though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 stingray5

MRS.O wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any good church singers? Have e-mailed a few the prices are madness

250-300 sounds about right for most church singers,i think they normally do about 10 -12 songs or so.dont know magdee,but any of the Dublin gospel choir are top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭ro09

Anyone know of any good wedding bands?

the price they charge?

Hope this helps, I came accross this site recently , with a lot of wedding bands you can listen to - www.2bwed.ie . Good luck in your search anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

jonnieb wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I have spent a while looking around for a good, funky and lively band for our wedding next june 11th. I know I am leaving it late to finalise them as some people have book nearly a year in advance! Would any band members post replys or pm me if they are available for the date above and I'll be sure to consider and view as many as I can. Your help or recommendations would be great!
    Thanks Guys :D

marvels.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ConorE1

Hi -

Connect DJs is a Dublin based DJ agency that serves the whole country.

We have excellent DJs working with us who all have over 10 years experience of playing weddings, birthdays, pubs and clubs around Ireland. We work face to face with clients to give them a personalised music package that will make their night.

You can find out more about us on www.connectdjs.ie or contact us at info@connectdjs.ie.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Elainemccormack

We got married in November 09 and had Darragh from Digital DJ's as our DJ.
    If anyone is looking for a wedding dj i would highly recommend him.

he started playing the minute the band stopped so no one even got a chance to sit down!
    the dance floor was full from the moment he went on until he stopped! he had something for everyone and played every type of music for all ages!

He was brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 funkykeys

Hi there! my sis got married a few months ago, she hired a brilliant band, they coverd just about everything and really made the night,,p.m me and I will try get their number,,,Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 getting married

Hi does anyone know what thios swing band are like for weddings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 laneyw

more cowbell are a band from galway, we had them at our wedding earlier this month and they were BRILLIANT. the dance floor was full all night and they played music for all age groups.they provided a dj too so the swap over between band and dj was instant and he was class too. the price was extreemly reasonable too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Madcows0

Looking for a wedding band for New Years eve next year for Ballybofey, finding it hard to get decent band at this stage, any help out there???
    (jordanm1@hotmail.co.uk) Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Hi does anyone know what thios swing band are like for weddings?

are you talking about a particular swing band or any swing band in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hey,

We're looking for a wedding band for 8th October 2010 in Kildare. We'd like a good mix of music but nothing too cheesy :D.

We have a few musicians in our group of friends and at one stage there will likely to be another band playing for a half hour, maybe during the main bands break, so the band would have to be ok with that.

We're looking for a LIVE dj too.

I was watching a video on youtube a while ago and thought I recognised the beautiful music in the background. It took me a min to realise it was Nothing Else Matters played on strings. Does anyone knows where I can get popular & rock songs played on strings in a classical style? We woud like it on disk to be played while we are having dinner. It will be a small dinner so we are not interested in hiring someone to sit in a corner and play live during the meal.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jesso

Hi there, the Panoramics are still available on the 8th of Oct....
    The website is www.thepanoramics.com. Get in touch if you like the look of our live videos and setlist!

Jesse

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Angel2009

laneyw wrote: »
    more cowbell are a band from galway, we had them at our wedding earlier this month and they were BRILLIANT. the dance floor was full all night and they played music for all age groups.they provided a dj too so the swap over between band and dj was instant and he was class too. the price was extreemly reasonable too.

We are looking for a band for July 2011. What kind of music do they cover? Out of ten, can you grade them???
    The reason I'm asking this is that we REALLY don't want ot get it wrong with a band for the sake of the guests!

Thanks.:)

Angel2009 wrote: »
    We are looking for a band for July 2011. What kind of music do they cover? Out of ten, can you grade them???
    The reason I'm asking this is that we REALLY don't want ot get it wrong with a band for the sake of the guests!

Thanks.:)

Id advise to go and see bands to view for yourself, people on here will recommend themselves and bands they had their own weddings, thats not to say the bands arent good or great but you have to have one to suit your tastes. Take a weekend and go round the hotels, spend 20-30 minutes at each place driving round and you should get 5-6 bands on a weekend.

get a card or contact details for the bands you like and call them back daytime for availability and price. Most probably wont speak to you on the night about such details. Not really the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

And it's good manners to have the hotel ring the bride and groom to ask if it's OK that you stick your head in for a few minutes.

• Advertisement

eoin wrote: »
    And it's good manners to have the hotel ring the bride and groom to ask if it's OK that you stick your head in for a few minutes.

hmmm, From playing at weddings every week Ive rarely seen couples ask could they come in so I wouldnt have said this was wedding ettiquette but I suppose yes, from a manners point of view it couldnt hurt but would you want to be getting a tap on the shoulder mid dance or mid conversation with a not-oft seen auntie to ask could someone watch your band?

Majority of couples would have had to go and see a band at a wedding anyway, with couples getting engaged at xmas, january and feb is when we see majority of viewers, can spot them lurking at the back of rooms, sides of bars, sitting at free tables all antsy cos theyre not dressed for a wedding afters. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I mean you ring well in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 werty

Its not bad manners to turn up at a hotel to hear a band, provided u dont go round the place as if u were a guest. I reckon that its your only chance of booking a good band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Lucky1218

http://www.drawingroomopera.com/

You can search more information on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lucygotago

HI guys

I am looking to know if anybody can recommend a good band/DJ for a wedding June 2010, I was going to try and just have a DJ to do the whole evening as budget wise we cant really afford the prices band's are looking for, any recommendations would be greately welcome.

ps: before anybody says it i know you only get what you pay for but at the moment we need to book someone who is reasonably priced and will have to take our chances.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Also looking for a band for December 2010.

Wedding is in Cork.

Hoping the wedding fayre in Silversprings in a couple of weeks may help.

lucygotago wrote: »
    HI guys

I am looking to know if anybody can recommend a good band/DJ for a wedding June 2010, I was going to try and just have a DJ to do the whole evening as budget wise we cant really afford the prices band's are looking for, any recommendations would be greately welcome.

ps: before anybody says it i know you only get what you pay for but at the moment we need to book someone who is reasonably priced and will have to take our chances.

thanks

Can you define reasonable and what you mean by the whole evening? The meal as well?
    The wedding fairs usually hodt the more professional DJs and bands who will be asking the going rate as they have to fork out for a stand. Whether you think the going rate is reasonable is another matter.

I would look elsewhere, if youre really on a tight budget and are looking to get it done for next to nothing , look in shop windows for DJs advertising for 21sts, these are mostly lads who are trying to start out and will gig for what they can get.

It may work out great no matter who you get as long as theres good music on, but Im trying so hard not to say you nearly always get what you pay for with entertainment so I wont. :p:p

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

sweetie wrote: »
    Hi Lucy,

I would be interested in giving you a quote for your wedding in june.

best wishes,

ian

Ian DJ'ed at my wedding last saturday ( we had the Velvet Lounge Band playing beforehand )

Ian did a great job and I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for a wedding.

the dancefloor was filled for the entire evening and Ian was open to suggestions for song choices in advance of the evening.

regards,

Gollem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Hey,

We're looking for a wedding band for 8th October 2010 in Kildare. We'd like a good mix of music but nothing too cheesy :D.

We have a few musicians in our group of friends and at one stage there will likely to be another band playing for a half hour, maybe during the main bands break, so the band would have to be ok with that.

We're looking for a LIVE dj too.

I had a swing band playing at my wedding called the Velvet Lounge band, they are the resident band at the westin and play there on saturday nights.
    you could go along and check them out/have a chat with them at the westin.

they did a great job.

As did Sweetie/Ian who DJ'ed after the band

I recommend both of them highly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cheers man, 'tis a shame we didn't have time to play more of them! MBV and sufjan stevens would've been great!

Thought the Velvet Lounge band were really excellent, great vocals, musicianship and song choices.

Advertisement