Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your nerdiest feature?

13»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Jay P wrote: »
    *Scoff*
    I've got 2,000!
    :cool:

woo
    It's so beautiful, don't ever post again!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

*Scoff*
    I've got 2,000

Touché

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Can we not turn this into a contest on who has the biggest post count,one of the dinosaurs like the minster or Thaedydal will apear and destroy with 20k of boardsiness.Also,Thaaedydal is the biggest nerd on boards.F*cking Gaelcon like!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I spend a lot of time on a computer and am studying programming.

Only computer game I play regularly is Nethack.

I'm public relations officer of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy society in DCU (I didn't even intend to join it when the year began, honestly).

I know 30 digits of pi.

Used to be able to do a rubiks cube in under 90 seconds (not a great time compared to most who can do them though), think I'm probably a lot slower since I haven't done it in ages though.

I fail miserably at conversation, particularly with girls (but also with guys).

Probably tons more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

When I was a kid a genuinely hoped that I'd wake up one morning and pokemon would be real. And the scary thing is that if I started playing pokemon yellow now or saw an old episode those same feelings would come flooding back.

I'm a reformed addict...but it wouldn't take much to push me over the edge.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I'm a grammar nazi who will correct people without thinking. That usually comes across as quite a nerd-ish feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Can we not turn this into a contest on who has the biggest post count,one of the dinosaurs like the minster or Thaedydal will apear and destroy with 20k of boardsiness.Also,Thaaedydal is the biggest nerd on boards.F*cking Gaelcon like!!

But science has proven that someone's postcount is directly proportional to their penis size...

But science has proven that someone's postcount is directly proportional to their penis size...

My penis is over 1200 big.

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »

There's no shame in that :D There's an idea.

I'm going to buy a grammar book for the most inarticulate person I know. Christmas present. :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Used to be able to do a rubiks cube in under 90 seconds (not a great time compared to most who can do them though), think I'm probably a lot slower since I haven't done it in ages though.
    HOLY CRAP! You're right that isn't a great time :P

*dons nerd cape*

D4RK ONION wrote: »

*dons nerd cape*

:(:(:( Why so mean? If you weren't sleeping with good friends with the mods here I'd have a mind to report you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »

*dons nerd cape*

Pygmalion wrote: »
    :(:(:( Why so mean? If you weren't sleeping with good friends with the mods here I'd have a mind to report you.

Play nice guys, the rules here apply to everyone. Now, I'd recommend you all go get some sleep, it's practically the middle of the night.

Play nice guys, the rules here apply to everyone. Now, I'd recommend you all go get some sleep, it's practically the middle of the night.

I was just joking if that came across as me actually taking offence and insulting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

my obsession with the computer/internet and my job (gamestop)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

My moobs :)

I'm obsessively fascinated by hypercubes.

I forgot the most nerdy part of me:
    When I was in primary school, I was on the quiz team, and when I was in 5th class I won the quiz between the entire schhol :)
    But that's not it, in 6th class we had a pretty decent quiz team, good enough to win the all-Ireland quiz :)

It was the Cadbury NPC quiz, so we won a trip to Birmingham out of it. That was class.

I'm sorry to say that I was a bit embarassed by that for a while, but now I''m really proud of it. Plus my trophy is kick-ass :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I was like this too. Though I wouldn't be able to come anywhere near naming them all. Maybe slightly more than half :D.

Seychelles flag is awesome btw. My favourite by a long way.

se-lgflag.gif

The Kiribati flag is pretty cool too:
    kr-lgflag.gif
    I forgot the most nerdy part of me:
    When I was in primary school, I was on the quiz team, and when I was in 5th class I won the quiz between the entire schhol :)
    But that's not it, in 6th class we had a pretty decent quiz team, good enough to win the all-Ireland quiz :)

It was the Cadbury NPC quiz, so we won a trip to Birmingham out of it. That was class.

I'm sorry to say that I was a bit embarassed by that for a while, but now I''m really proud of it. Plus my trophy is kick-ass :cool:

Heh, I was in a quiz team in primary school too. When I was in 4th class we got to the national final of the Credit Union school's quiz. Unfortunately, as far as I remember, we came 2nd-last in that final. :o We won a good few trophies in other quizzes though.
    I love table quizzes but seldom get a chance to do them.

Heh, I was in a quiz team in primary school too. When I was in 4th class we got to the national final of the Credit Union school's quiz. Unfortunately, as far as I remember, we came 2nd-last in that final. :o We won a good few trophies in other quizzes though.
    I love table quizzes but seldom get a chance to do them.

I'm pretty sure we came third twice (Not rubbing it in btw!), but there were only prizes for first and second so we didn't get anything :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I was on my primary school quiz team as well, I loved it! :D

Was always just outside my secondary school team :( But, the three guys who kept me out of that team are among the greatest young minds I've known, and I still have high-brow conversations with two of them whenever we get the chance :pac:

I'm pretty sure we came third twice (Not rubbing it in btw!), but there were only prizes for first and second so we didn't get anything :(
    I'm going to channel my bitter 9 year old self here:
    NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!
    :P

Was always just outside my secondary school team :( But, the three guys who kept me out of that team are among the greatest young minds I've known, and I still have high-brow conversations with two of them whenever we get the chance :pac:

There was no quiz team in my secondary school. I'd like it if there was, but I'd say I thought I was too cool in first year for that. I probably would have in 5th of 6th year...
    I'm going to channel my bitter 9 year old self here:
    NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!
    :P

You're just jealous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Oh, I forgot one:

I follow the nerdy sci-fi TV show Heroes slightly obsessively. Pretty much the only show I watch. Sometimes, if I'm late for something or have a long walk ahead of me, I scrunch up my eyes like Hiro in the hopes of stopping time or teleporting. It never works :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Eh...

I won a bottle of wine at a table quiz organised by the UCC maths department a couple of months ago, high flyer that I am:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I was captain of my primary school team in spelling competitions. Three years in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

In primary school I was in the chess club and on the school team.

I was on the quiz team in secondary school.

I have moobs even though I'm stick thin. (Hello ladies ;))

I have glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Primary school quiz team FTW!!! Was on the schools main team, meaning I was in the top 4 of the qualifying quiz every year between and including 4th and 6th class! Won the regional Credit Union quiz every one of these years, and came in top 7 in Munster quiz everyone of these years but never qualifyied for Ireland, meaning we always came 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th in Munster (top 3 qualifyied)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Great to see other quiz team peeps here.
    Captain of my primary school quiz team in 5th and 6th class :D.

Never won anythin' but participation is all that counts :). (although I did win a medal for 4th place in the credit union quiz!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

My primary school didn't have quiz teams, I would have loved that :o
    On the nerdy side of things people always go to me when they need someting answered 'ah Sarah will know that' and i usually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

My primary school didn't have quiz teams, I would have loved that :o
    On the nerdy side of things people always go to me when they need someting answered 'ah Sarah will know that' and i usually do.

Whata coincidence, they say the exact same thing to me too! :D
    Although, I probably wouldn't know the answer unless it had something to do with science (shows even more of my nerdi-ness!)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I love biology :) if it was chemistry or physics, they'd probably know not to ask! It's probably more because i listen in class that i can answer them.

There was no quiz team in my secondary school. I'd like it if there was, but I'd say I thought I was too cool in first year for that. I probably would have in 5th of 6th year...

Our secondary school didn't have a quiz team either. I would have loved to have tried for it. I always knew I wasn't cool, so even in 1st year I'd have been up for it!
    Remember Blackboard Jungle and Gridlock? I was pissed off that all the school quizzes on TV had gone by the time I reached second level. :mad:
    You're just jealous!

Sadly, I am. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Our secondary school didn't have a quiz team either. I would have loved to have tried for it. I always knew I wasn't cool, so even in 1st year I'd have been up for it!
    Remember Blackboard Jungle and Gridlock? I was pissed off that all the school quizzes on TV had gone by the time I reached second level. :mad:

Sadly, I am. :(
    My secordary school had no team either...

Advertisement