Advertisement
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

What's your nerdiest feature?

• 10-12-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭ cashback

Is there something about your personality that is a bit nerdy? An obsession that maybe you keep to yourself or a collection you've built up over time? I think everyone is a bit of an anorak about something eg music, football, collecting callcards!

For me, it's trains. I don't know why but I've always loved them. When I was younger I'd even get a bit excited at the sight of a railway track, never mind actually taking a train (sad.... probably). Had a few hornby sets as well. Now I'm not a train spotter or anything (would be a pretty pointless pursuit in Ireland) but I always take a train if it's an option. I'll take the Trans-Siberian someday hopefully, seven days on a train? Deadly!

What brings out your inner nerd?

Comments

• Boards.

• I guess my right leg

• I'm a massive dr who nerd,and not ashamed to admit it!

• Spending pretty much all day every day online

• You seem malnourished. Are you suffering from internal parasites?

• Advertisement

• i can speak backwards

• The 17 asian people i have chained up in my basement to do my accounts.

• Every morning, on the train on my way into work, I take out my laptop, listen to Lyric FM, and categorise my all of my emails from the previous day into the seventeen million and one different subcategories I have within my inbox.

It's very calming ... :o

• Glasses and my Smarts.

• I'm circumcised.

• Advertisement

• I get far too excited about brains. Not in a zombie way, in a far-less-cool "what does this bit do!?" way :cool:

• Leftyflip wrote: »
    Boards.
    That, my knowledge of computers, my thirst for scientific knowledge, and my love of space exploration...

• I spend about 15 hours at day at my computer, this is divided up pretty equally between work, browsing, and watching television programs online.

I collect National Geographics.

I also think I talk in a nerdy sort of way, although others don't think the same.

• Retro Gaming. 'Tis where I'm mostly found on Boards.

• Something nerdy about me? Everything is nerdy about me. I am happy in Nerddom.

• I'm circumcised.
    You know the drill, pics or.....

• Beating 16 year old annoying American kids on Xbox live

• boards i suppose

thats about it

• jokettle wrote: »
    I get far too excited about brains. Not in a zombie way, in a far-less-cool "what does this bit do!?" way :cool:
    So you get a stick and have a poke around so to speak?

• I`d say the fact i`m studying physics in college, I wear glasses and I have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of stargate.

I also love trains :D

• Advertisement

• So you get a stick and have a poke around so to speak?

Replace "stick" with "scanning equipment" and you've got it ;)

We waits till they falls asleep before we gets out the poking shtcik.

• I analyse the **** out of everything in my own little mind

And although I can remember no ones name I meet in real life I can remember something that happened on TV 15 years ago and random actors names

• Kiera wrote: »
    You know the drill, pics or.....

You want to see that? o.O

• snyper wrote: »
    boards i suppose

thats about it

Me too.

That's about it.

• Obsession with fighter jets.

• cruiser178 wrote: »
    Even for AH thats not even kind of funny.

The question was "what is your nerdiest feature"..not "tell us a joke and we'll judge you on it".

• I'd say it's my personality, I used to give grinds to people in my own class during my undergrad, and I used to give grinds to a few people doing their postgrads while I was still an undergrad. Also, I remember random pieces of information and I love environmental economics. Also I've red hair so that might be something.

• everything about me is nerd.

• You want to see that? o.O
    You dont? O_o

• Advertisement

• When I have free time Ill drive to the airport and happily sit for hours watching and taking photos of planes.

Advertisement