Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your nerdiest feature?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I actually understand the jokes in xkcd :) i think that's pretty nerdy!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

You're not a real nerd, sudo shut up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This is the funniest thing I've seen all week:

2009-04-08-433fddd4d4118d0e16456cac6db7eb70.jpg

I also have to restrain myself from correcting people when they're wrong, and I know they are. It happens all the time. It's very difficult sometimes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I'm a huge X files fan :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

I own a Super Nintendo and 169 games.

There is no saving me from nerdiness is there? :(

And I have 100 posts on boards, guess that doesn't help! :p

Snesfan wrote: »
    And I have 100 posts on boards, guess that doesn't help! :p

*Scoff*
    I've got 2,000!
    :cool:

woo

I posted earlier and didn't mention my avatar, think that's enough to describe me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Snesfan wrote: »
    I own a Super Nintendo and 169 games.

There is no saving me from nerdiness is there? :(

That just makes you awesome tbh.

• Advertisement

Jay P wrote: »
    *Scoff*
    I've got 2,000!

woo
    It's so beautiful, don't ever post again!

*Scoff*
    I've got 2,000

Touché

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Can we not turn this into a contest on who has the biggest post count,one of the dinosaurs like the minster or Thaedydal will apear and destroy with 20k of boardsiness.Also,Thaaedydal is the biggest nerd on boards.F*cking Gaelcon like!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I spend a lot of time on a computer and am studying programming.

Only computer game I play regularly is Nethack.

I'm public relations officer of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy society in DCU (I didn't even intend to join it when the year began, honestly).

I know 30 digits of pi.

Used to be able to do a rubiks cube in under 90 seconds (not a great time compared to most who can do them though), think I'm probably a lot slower since I haven't done it in ages though.

I fail miserably at conversation, particularly with girls (but also with guys).

Probably tons more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

When I was a kid a genuinely hoped that I'd wake up one morning and pokemon would be real. And the scary thing is that if I started playing pokemon yellow now or saw an old episode those same feelings would come flooding back.

I'm a reformed addict...but it wouldn't take much to push me over the edge.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I'm a grammar nazi who will correct people without thinking. That usually comes across as quite a nerd-ish feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

Can we not turn this into a contest on who has the biggest post count,one of the dinosaurs like the minster or Thaedydal will apear and destroy with 20k of boardsiness.Also,Thaaedydal is the biggest nerd on boards.F*cking Gaelcon like!!

But science has proven that someone's postcount is directly proportional to their penis size...

But science has proven that someone's postcount is directly proportional to their penis size...

My penis is over 1200 big.

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »

There's no shame in that :D There's an idea.

I'm going to buy a grammar book for the most inarticulate person I know. Christmas present. :D

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Used to be able to do a rubiks cube in under 90 seconds (not a great time compared to most who can do them though), think I'm probably a lot slower since I haven't done it in ages though.
    HOLY CRAP! You're right that isn't a great time :P

*dons nerd cape*

D4RK ONION wrote: »

*dons nerd cape*

:(:(:( Why so mean? If you weren't sleeping with good friends with the mods here I'd have a mind to report you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

D4RK ONION wrote: »

*dons nerd cape*

Pygmalion wrote: »
    :(:(:( Why so mean? If you weren't sleeping with good friends with the mods here I'd have a mind to report you.

Play nice guys, the rules here apply to everyone. Now, I'd recommend you all go get some sleep, it's practically the middle of the night.

Play nice guys, the rules here apply to everyone. Now, I'd recommend you all go get some sleep, it's practically the middle of the night.

I was just joking if that came across as me actually taking offence and insulting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

my obsession with the computer/internet and my job (gamestop)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

My moobs :)

I'm obsessively fascinated by hypercubes.

I forgot the most nerdy part of me:
    When I was in primary school, I was on the quiz team, and when I was in 5th class I won the quiz between the entire schhol :)
    But that's not it, in 6th class we had a pretty decent quiz team, good enough to win the all-Ireland quiz :)

It was the Cadbury NPC quiz, so we won a trip to Birmingham out of it. That was class.

I'm sorry to say that I was a bit embarassed by that for a while, but now I''m really proud of it. Plus my trophy is kick-ass :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I was like this too. Though I wouldn't be able to come anywhere near naming them all. Maybe slightly more than half :D.

Seychelles flag is awesome btw. My favourite by a long way.

se-lgflag.gif

The Kiribati flag is pretty cool too:
    kr-lgflag.gif
    I forgot the most nerdy part of me:
    When I was in primary school, I was on the quiz team, and when I was in 5th class I won the quiz between the entire schhol :)
    But that's not it, in 6th class we had a pretty decent quiz team, good enough to win the all-Ireland quiz :)

It was the Cadbury NPC quiz, so we won a trip to Birmingham out of it. That was class.

I'm sorry to say that I was a bit embarassed by that for a while, but now I''m really proud of it. Plus my trophy is kick-ass :cool:

Heh, I was in a quiz team in primary school too. When I was in 4th class we got to the national final of the Credit Union school's quiz. Unfortunately, as far as I remember, we came 2nd-last in that final. :o We won a good few trophies in other quizzes though.
    I love table quizzes but seldom get a chance to do them.

Advertisement