Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your nerdiest feature?

Comments

Hey!:eek:
    I love Lost too, I'm not a nerd.:mad:

Wrestling is way up there on my list, so I'm definitely not a nerd.:P

/Not the crap that passes as Wrestling these days, but when Wrestling had the :eek: factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I look forward to Adrian Kennedy every evening then when he ends at 1am I become upset :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Apart from Boards (and is that nerdy?) I don't think I've any nerdish leanings. None that I can think of anyway. I was well into stamp-collecting when I was a kid but that phase didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭TheScribbler

Ummmm. Worrying sign that! But does it make you a nerd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Hey!:eek:
    I love Lost too, I'm not a nerd.:mad:

Wrestling is way up there on my list, so I'm definitely not a nerd.:P

/Not the crap that passes as Wrestling these days, but when Wrestling had the :eek: factor.

Im nerdy about Lost have seen every episode mutiple times and read nearly ever theory and fan page on it haha

yea the attitude era was the high of wrestling! never recovered from anything after stone cold, the rock, DX, mcmahon phases.

Dunno how you like Bret Hart, the man was a scum bag!

Did anyone ever collect Phone Call Cards? I used to collect millions and millions of em! dunno where they are now but i had loads of shoeboxes with em full haha

I fire darts with suckers on the end at Simon Cowell on TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

yea the attitude era was the high of wrestling! never recovered from anything after stone cold, the rock, DX, mcmahon phases.

Best era.
    Dunno how you like Bret Hart, the man was a scum bag!

Hart was great fun. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I fire darts with suckers on the end at Simon Cowell on TV

Umm, is that nerdy...kind of strange moreso? :pac:

True but I just can't stand the guy. It is nerd to express oneself in an innovative way. I just fire darts at him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/ponders whether she actually has any non-nerdy features...

We are all nerds in some respect. The acid test is 'does it show?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Hmmm, why has my thread been moved to the Clearasil/teenage forum eh?!

Seems like an after hours thread to me, and I ain't a teenager. The youngsters look funny at me if I hang around here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah, I don't get this redirect at all!

RUbik's cubes and my unnatural ability to be instantly good at music games. DJ Hero on expert after a week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Jeeaz dont get me started on Simon Cowell or ill go all Bruce Banner on you all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I have read every 'day in the life' at the back of the sunday times magazine since I was 11..I havn't missed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I Love maths. I really have a passion. for it.

And Panda, isn't it "A Life in the Day"? ;)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't get this redirect at all!

RUbik's cubes and my unnatural ability to be instantly good at music games. DJ Hero on expert after a week :D

Also these babies! It's a pity my 4x4 broke which caused me to lose a piece :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

All of me.

Jay P wrote: »
    Panda, isn't it "A Life in the Day"? ;)

why yes it is!:p I think my favourite one so far was the one on Philippe Petit(the guy who tightroped across the gap between the twin towers).

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/article6803961.ece

• Advertisement

Jay P wrote: »
    Also these babies! It's a pity my 4x4 broke which caused me to lose a piece :(

4X4s are very delicate beasts. If you lose one piece often the entire thing will instantly crumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

possibly my newly discovered raging addiction to Magic:The Gathering.Dammit college!!.That or the RPG's take your pick

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    4X4s are very delicate beasts. If you lose one piece often the entire thing will instantly crumble.

I know. I got it in Berlin, and five minutes after getting it, I was playing with it in the street and it just disintegrated :o I got a replacement. I knew I'd be able to put it back together, but I had no youtube! Sometime in september I was in the car on the way to my Granny's house in Nenagh, and it fell apart, so i gathered up all the pieces and put them into my bag. I found out later that one of the centre blue pieces went AWOL. I still haven't found the dam thing :(

There's another one you can get, it's not branded as a Rubik's cube, and apparently is stable enough to speed cube. I think I'll get one of those after Christmas because I really miss having one!
    It's called an Eastsheen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

My general nerdiness is my nerdiest feature, and the fact I'm always the guy people text when they need comp help.

Oh, and boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Harry Potter nerd.

Bit of a science nerd (we're talking National Geographic here).

Spelling/grammar nerd.

Kicked my shameful Pokémon nerd habit about 2 years ago. I still know all about it though.

Complete and utter internet nerd.

Eh, bit of a zombie nerd. Not sure where that one came from, but a little part of me is pretty much always analysing escape routes and safehouses for when Z-day strikes... And also I play a horribly, horribly nerdy online zombie MMRPG called Urban Dead.

I'm a nerd :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Well I study Maths and Physics...one horribly nerdy subject just wasn't enough for me, oh no!

I was obsessed with Geography when I was small; I wanted to know all the flags of the world and I'd read an Atlas like other children would read normal books. Thanks to www.sporcle.com I can name all the countries and capitals of the world! :o

I'm not big into computers but as far as I'm concerned the greatest machine ever built was the NES. Super Mario Bro.s 3 and MegaMan 2 anyday over your fancy PS3's, XBoxes and WoW shit.

I'm a bit of a Harry Potter nerd too. And I know WAY too much about Friends, I can practically quote entire episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I was obsessed with Geography when I was small; I wanted to know all the flags of the world and I'd read an Atlas like other children would read normal books. Thanks to www.sporcle.com I can name all the countries and capitals of the world! :o

I was like this too. Though I wouldn't be able to come anywhere near naming them all. Maybe slightly more than half :D.

Seychelles flag is awesome btw. My favourite by a long way.

se-lgflag.gif

I also love dinosaurs!

When I was a kid I wanted to be one when I grew up(a velociraptor to be precise)...I used to roam around the house making wierd noises and my mam used to get me to go into my sisters rooms to wake them up by roaring and jumping on their beds....I was a weird kid.

I still have loads of books on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I'm not so bad these days but I'm still fairly nerdy in a lot of ways.

I'm a science student which kinda speaks for itself but I'm one of those "Oh go ask him, he actually knows what's going on guys".

I'm a total francophile.

Addicted to the internet since we got broadband at age 15.

Still play videogames, not pokemon anymore though.

I have OCD; have it pretty much under wraps at this stage though.

I can recite reams of useless trivia I gather from Wikipedia.

I enjoyed reading and read several books about economics before it became topical...
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Eh, bit of a zombie nerd. Not sure where that one came from, but a little part of me is pretty much always analysing escape routes and safehouses for when Z-day strikes...

I always thought I was alone! I started doing that ever since Resident Evil on the PS one!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I was like this too. Though I wouldn't be able to come anywhere near naming them all. Maybe slightly more than half :D.

Seychelles flag is awesome btw. My favourite by a long way.

se-lgflag.gif

Seychelles is awesome fullstop. Its an amazing country.

As for nerdyness... i enjoy complicated maths. They are a challenge!

Also im worryingly good with computers,
    and my biggest shame.... I would probably watch SkyNews over MTV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I'm not hugely nerdy, unless you count y'know, using the internet and blogging and such as nerdy...

I also know too much about Harry Potter and Friends, though...

Craguls wrote: »
    I can recite reams of useless trivia I gather from Wikipedia.

I should also add I've this weird ability to recall conversations I've had with people about the most irrelevant subjects, even years later.

It's cause I care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I should also add I've this weird ability to recall conversations I've had with people about the most irrelevant subjects, even years later.

It's cause I care!

I can do that too, though I try not to bring stuff like that up, because people tend to think you're slightly crazy....
    That's not really nerdy though, is it?

I can do that too, though I try not to bring stuff like that up, because people tend to think you're slightly crazy....
    That's not really nerdy though, is it?

No not particularly I suppose, I just figured fit it in with the other stuff I was listing. Shame it never extends to academic work so easily :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I know avout everything. People ask me for help in subjects like history and geography,and I don't even do them. I can't emphasis enough how much I know about really obscure things,too. :o

I love literature and science and languages and cultures.

Physics and chemistry are probably my favourite school subjects.

I wear glasses.

I'm socially awkward.

People don't understand what I'm saying most of the time.

I'm an astronomy geek.

I'm a grammar and spelling nerd.

I'm ridiculously neurotic and obsessive about things.

I regularly read National Geographic and Time and Astonomy Now.

I write things :o

I get genuinely excited at the prospect of learning.

I over analyse stuff.

I can quote books and stuff I've only read once,even things I read years ago.

I LOVE animals,and animal documentaries.

I regularly watch documentaries. Pretty much the only TV I watch these days.

I don't drink,and I don't like going out.

I really am such a big nerd, there's way more than even that but I'm embarrassing myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Used to be a big comic book nerd but not so much anymore.
    Used to be addicted to my playstation but not anymore.
    Used to play pokemon but not anymore.

I'm losing all my nerdy features :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I speak random French & Irish all the time. Never say Thanks anymore when someone gives me something, it's always "merci beaucoup!"

I loveeeeee Chemistry.

And I always where these black & white gloves with the fingertips cut off. Everyone says they look stupid but I think they're cool :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm a bit of a nerd too. I love Harry Potter and i'm always reading something. I'm a perfectionist and pretty smart when it comes to school. I also like maths which some people can't really understand and i'm big into science. Teachers tend to like me too because i always have my work done and i do put an effort into things. I'm not a crazy teenager either, my parents trust me and i don't go overboard :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I'm a total francophile.
    I thought i was the only one.

I love about Harry Potter. :o

I know way too much obscure stuff. Also I know a lot of trivia.

I play videogames very often.

I know a lot about Star Wars/Star Trek/LOTR.

I suppose wishing you could play Warhammer 40,000 is nerdy.

I love computers and learning to program.

I LOVE documentaries. (That's not really nerdy though)

I love Astronomy.

I love cryptozoology.

Sometimes, when I'm bored. I go to Wikipedia and click "random article" and read it. Then I do it again and again. :o

I love animatronics. (That's not really nerdy though, is it?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I love computers.

I am a complete Zombie nerd.Its not a case of if,but when for me.

I love series fantasy books eg LOTR,Sword Of Truth,Wheel Of Time...

I have a ridiculous amount of general knowledge.

I enjoy Biology and Chemistry!

I listen to audiobooks during free classes!:o

I actually understand the jokes in xkcd :) i think that's pretty nerdy!

You're not a real nerd, sudo shut up!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This is the funniest thing I've seen all week:

2009-04-08-433fddd4d4118d0e16456cac6db7eb70.jpg

I also have to restrain myself from correcting people when they're wrong, and I know they are. It happens all the time. It's very difficult sometimes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I'm a huge X files fan :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

I own a Super Nintendo and 169 games.

There is no saving me from nerdiness is there? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Snesfan

And I have 100 posts on boards, guess that doesn't help! :p

Snesfan wrote: »
    And I have 100 posts on boards, guess that doesn't help! :p

*Scoff*
    I've got 2,000!
    :cool:

woo

I posted earlier and didn't mention my avatar, think that's enough to describe me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Snesfan wrote: »
    I own a Super Nintendo and 169 games.

There is no saving me from nerdiness is there? :(

That just makes you awesome tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement