Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your nerdiest feature?

Comments

Oh, where do I start?

I work in a computer shop repairing and building PCs.

I'm obsessed with trains, am a member of the IRRS (went on tours with them too) and I have a small model railway of CIE and Irish Rail stock.

I'm more interested in what goes on inside a TV than what's on the screen. I even collect Sky TV and NTL/UPC viewing cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kiera wrote: »
    You dont? O_o

Is your nerdiest feature voyeurism? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

The question was "what is your nerdiest feature"..not "tell us a joke and we'll judge you on it".
    What kind of a fcuking stupid response is that,do you not listen to the news,your best answer to this thread is serial rapist.
    If i called you an idiot or a **** on this site because of what you said i would be banned.Do you not realise your post is very offensive??or are you trolling??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Karsini wrote: »
    Oh, where do I start?

I work in a computer shop repairing and building PCs.

I'm obsessed with trains, am a member of the IRRS (went on tours with them too) and I have a small model railway of CIE and Irish Rail stock.

I'm more interested in what goes on inside a TV than what's on the screen. I even collect Sky TV and NTL/UPC viewing cards.

Never realised there were trainspotters in Ireland, thought it was an english thing cos they have a decent rail system, which we apparantely had until independence and iarnroid eireann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Is your nerdiest feature voyeurism? :D
    Yup but i only like watching pandas ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Boards.

I've a very obsessive passion for Irish folk music... and I fcuking mean obsessive. That's nerdy to some people, but fuck 'em.

That's it though

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Just my personality really

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Noelle Crooked Hoodlum

Nothing really too nerdy, apart from having red hair!.

Oh, I do have a HAM radio licence and awards for CW (morse code) competitions, I'd say that counts as pretty nerdy!.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Stee wrote: »
    When I have free time Ill drive to the airport and happily sit for hours watching and taking photos of planes.

That can get you arrested in some places. Or worse.

Never realised there were trainspotters in Ireland, thought it was an english thing cos they have a decent rail system, which we apparantely had until independence and iarnroid eireann

Oh there are Irish ones, just not as many. I know a couple of them who even work in Irish Rail. A lot of English spotters came over here for years as we held on to locomotive hauled trains but now that it's mostly railcars they've mostly lost interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It use to be music /special edition magazines with me and and I have loads of em boxed away but now it's mainly all pc related stuff like youtubing ...boards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Nerdiest feature, don don don..... I love Lost!! Also I love RPG games like Final Fantasy and such other than that im a beer swelling chick loving gun toting rock n roller!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

cruiser178 wrote: »
    What kind of a fcuking stupid response is that,do you not listen to the news,your best answer to this thread is serial rapist.
    If i called you an idiot or a **** on this site because of what you said i would be banned.Do you not realise your post is very offensive??or are you trolling??

Of course it is very offensive.Yes I listen to the news.I watch it too.If you called me an idiot or a c*nt(?) you'd be right, and I wouldn't ban you, because you are entitled to your opinion, which as I already agreed, is spot on. I AM an idiot.

However this is a public internet forum and I do, sadly, have the right to post whatever I desire once it stays within the parameters of the forum rules.

If you want to debate then PM me. If you think I'm trolling look at my post count and how infrequently I visit this board....if you just want to shout louder than me, go on ahead....I won't shout louder...and you win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Oh, I do have a HAM radio licence and awards for CW (morse code) competitions, I'd say that counts as pretty nerdy!.

Depends. Did you do signals in the army?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Nerdiest feature, don don don..... I love Lost!! Also I love RPG games like Final Fantasy and such other than that im a beer swelling chick loving gun toting rock n roller!

Hey!:eek:
    I love Lost too, I'm not a nerd.:mad:

Wrestling is way up there on my list, so I'm definitely not a nerd.:P

/Not the crap that passes as Wrestling these days, but when Wrestling had the :eek: factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I've just turned 30 and I still buy Star Wars toys. Only last week I spent €200 on three figures! I also have a full size replica Storm Trooper helmet and also two working Light Sabers. I'm a bit of a star wars geek. I also love Red Dwarf and would happily watch that and Star Wars until the end of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Of course it is very offensive.Yes I listen to the news.I watch it too.If you called me an idiot or a c*nt(?) you'd be right, and I wouldn't ban you, because you are entitled to your opinion, which as I already agreed, is spot on. I AM an idiot.

However this is a public internet forum and I do, sadly, have the right to post whatever I desire once it stays within the parameters of the forum rules.

If you want to debate then PM me. If you think I'm trolling look at my post count and how infrequently I visit this board....if you just want to shout louder than me, go on ahead....I won't shout louder...and you win.
    pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I live on my computer. Yeah, on it.
    My college course is a bit nerdy to some I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I analyse the **** out of everything in my own little mind

And although I can remember no ones name I meet in real life I can remember something that happened on TV 15 years ago and random actors names

+1. Except for remembering names, I'm terrible at that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭TheScribbler

I know I'm a nerd as I love electric trains. I even wear an anorak with my conductor's cap, for gosh sake!

• Advertisement

/Not the crap that passes as Wrestling these days, but when Wrestling had the :eek: factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I look forward to Adrian Kennedy every evening then when he ends at 1am I become upset :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Apart from Boards (and is that nerdy?) I don't think I've any nerdish leanings. None that I can think of anyway. I was well into stamp-collecting when I was a kid but that phase didn't last long.

Ummmm. Worrying sign that! But does it make you a nerd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Im nerdy about Lost have seen every episode mutiple times and read nearly ever theory and fan page on it haha

yea the attitude era was the high of wrestling! never recovered from anything after stone cold, the rock, DX, mcmahon phases.

Dunno how you like Bret Hart, the man was a scum bag!

Did anyone ever collect Phone Call Cards? I used to collect millions and millions of em! dunno where they are now but i had loads of shoeboxes with em full haha

I fire darts with suckers on the end at Simon Cowell on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

yea the attitude era was the high of wrestling! never recovered from anything after stone cold, the rock, DX, mcmahon phases.

Best era.
    Dunno how you like Bret Hart, the man was a scum bag!

Hart was great fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I fire darts with suckers on the end at Simon Cowell on TV

Umm, is that nerdy...kind of strange moreso? :pac:

True but I just can't stand the guy. It is nerd to express oneself in an innovative way. I just fire darts at him

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

/ponders whether she actually has any non-nerdy features...

Advertisement