Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KISS to play o2 Dublin in May 2010!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

love that film remember seeing it when it came out years ago must dig it out aswell brilliant movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I read Gene Simmons autobiography and after I finished, I sampled a lot of Kiss's music and I gotta say they are the most over rated band in the history of music. Its OK if your 17, and live in California, in 1982. But that music has dated very badly.
    And Simmons himself? All he talks about in the book is money, money, sex and more money. Music was barely mentioned as its obviously 4th or 5th on his list of priorities. I for one, wont be lining his pockets come may.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Pfff.. KISS RULE! \m/ \m/

You won't be missed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

poundhound wrote: »
    I read Gene Simmons autobiography and after I finished, I sampled a lot of Kiss's music and I gotta say they are the most over rated band in the history of music. Its OK if your 17, and live in California, in 1982. But that music has dated very badly.
    And Simmons himself? All he talks about in the book is money, money, sex and more money. Music was barely mentioned as its obviously 4th or 5th on his list of priorities. I for one, wont be lining his pockets come may.:cool:

3 words for ya:

KISS My Ass

Got my tix today!! Cant believe Im going to KISS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭gqma0

I saw a poster of KISS in my neighbour's bedroom along with Saxxon 30 years ago and they made a big impression on me (I was 7 at the time and they looked so cool)

I'd love to see them backstage but I'll have to pass on the "meet and greet package". got my tickets

Hope lots of fans will show up with make up as I will

God gave rock'n'roll to you and for everyone !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

:eek: My Kiss tickets arrived this morning !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

I am not a big fan of the band but I am going as this will be a great SHOW just as they have always been a great band live.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tickets arrived today!!
    Now for the six month wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rocky77

Saw them in the Staples Center two weeks ago... awesome!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just found out today, two good mates of mine are going too... YESSSSS!!! Was looking forward to it a lot anyway... Absolutely cannot wait for it now!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Wanted to go when I heard they were over & couldn't afford tickets at the time.

Then for Christmas, boyfriend's mam said she got us a present for our apartment, & gave us a box... with KISS tickets in it!! :D
    Made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Wanted to go when I heard they were over & couldn't afford tickets at the time.

Then for Christmas, boyfriend's mam said she got us a present for our apartment, & gave us a box... with KISS tickets in it!! :D
    Made my day!

Nice one Mum in Law!!! Definatly getting tickets for this... pity ace isn't gonna be there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bloody heck yes I have tickets!

Can't wait.
    Had to go to Munich to see them before...and my god it was worth every cent and all the effort.

And whoever said that Stanleys voice can't cut it anymore is whack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭flyfly

Crazy hungry happy people with the tickets for the concert of the best band in the world. :cool:

creatures_of_the_night.jpgcreatures_of_the_night.jpgcreatures_of_the_night.jpg

Shame it's just 2 original members and 2 dudes in Ace and Peter Criss' make up... Ah well. I would love to have seen the Fox (RIP) & the Ankh Warrior too, all 6 on stage, imagine!!
    Is there an Ankh doll? Ooh, I bet the collection of all dolls is worth a fortune! *checks ebay*

Watched Detroit Rock City again lasty night. Yay, this is gonna be sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Shame it's just 2 original members and 2 dudes in Ace and Peter Criss' make up... Ah well. I would love to have seen the Fox (RIP) & the Ankh Warrior too, all 6 on stage, imagine!!
    Is there an Ankh doll? Ooh, I bet the collection of all dolls is worth a fortune! *checks ebay*

Watched Detroit Rock City again lasty night. Yay, this is gonna be sweet!

Would have probably thought like that a few years back, but to be honest were Ace and Peter still in the band - there wouldn't be a band, and I don't think they would have released Sonic Boom, or be touring like they are again........

Ace seems to have gotten it together now, but it's taken him a hell of a long time....

Flip it...after reading about Frehelys and Criss' antics and personalities, all I can say is flip them. They're douchebags.

I mean, Criss alone has had three chances with KISS and he just kept dropping the ball.

Yeah but Ace was the one of the main reasons I got into Kiss ... still , it's gonna f**kin rock ... can't wait.

RayCon wrote: »
    Yeah but Ace was the one of the main reasons I got into Kiss ... still , it's gonna f**kin rock ... can't wait.

He is also dimebag's favourite guitarist!!

Anyway now that we're all here who is getting either dressed up or getting facepaint for the gig or is that too ghey!!:confused:

kissarmy1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

not too ghey at all ;-)

to be honest I felt like a twat in '08 that I didn't do something when I saw them in Holland........great craic dressed up or not, but i might give it a shot this time.......it's all part of the show I think....

• Advertisement

A mate of mine is trying very hard to convince me to "paint up" for the gig ... Im tempted but then again Im not .... he wants to be Gene anf me Ace .... can't see it happening

There's a pic of me from Halloween in the Know Your Metalheads thread in my Gene Simmons (very homemade) costume & face paint. So I'll probably wear that again! But the white & demon eyes was such a pain in the ass to put on, I might just do a black star around my eye...

bazmaiden wrote: »
    He is also dimebag's favourite guitarist!!

Have you seen his Ace tattoo?? He even had Ace autograph it and then he got that tattooed over. Hardcore! :cool:

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    There's a pic of me from Halloween in the Know Your Metalheads thread in my Gene Simmons (very homemade) costume & face paint. So I'll probably wear that again! But the white & demon eyes was such a pain in the ass to put on, I might just do a black star around my eye...

You put the trigger in my ... (drumroll)... LOVEGUNNNN!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got 3 tickets today for it. Once in a lifetime you have to experiece kiss live lol.

Now to get to know a few kiss songs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

KISS TOOK MY BREATH AWAY

"Last night's KISS show in London was cut short because the Co2 canisters used to blast confetti during Rock and Roll All Nite made breathing nearly impossible. Both the band and fans upstairs and in front of the stage were having difficulty breathing from the concentration of Co2 in the air."

Paul reveals, "Once the confetti cannons went off, we barely made it off stage. None of us could breathe or catch our breath. Each of us thought we were the only one until we saw each other. Pretty scary and there was no way we could continue. We came out for the encores but couldn't get past one. Still, all in all, an amazing night that left many breathless!"

Oh Paul!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Awesome quality vid from the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Oh God!

Can you post Beth also? Please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Can't wait, seen them in Hamberg two years ago, was well worth it

Advertisement