Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood Warning from AA Road watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

kingtut wrote: »

I'd recommend boiling it before drinking if you are wary...
    Maybe fill up a few large containers with tap water just in case it gets cut off? I plan on doing the same when I get home...who knows how long it could be gone for.

Damn. It seems I've been poisoning myself all morning. :eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Anyone know what areas are without water in the city & for how long?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Is the Gate Multiplex closed? :(
    Twilight New Moon Tickets booked for tonight. (**** sake)
    and am praying that its not [was a 16th bday pressie from friend]

Please update asap :(

The gate cinema is open for business - according to RedFM but why not give them a call to confirm?

simu wrote: »
    Damn. It seems I've been poisoning myself all morning. :eek::)

in that case, it was nice knowing you (actually I don't but hey!) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Poohbear180609

The gate cinema is open for business - according to RedFM but why not give them a call to confirm?

Thank You :)
    Just have to get to cinema from Coachford now :(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boxty

Lads, I supposed to leaving Dublin for Cork (by car) shortly. We're due to visit my g/f's sister who had her first child last night. They live in Ballincollig. I'm not sure what hospital she is in.

Should it b ok to head down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

TheDriver wrote: »
    not at all stargate, Crossbarry brings you in by the meat factory, down kilbrogan hill and the courthouse and into the apartments.
    The fancy ones are indeed beside the playground, which is severly flooded. Hope itsnot a ground floor apartment..........

First floor TheDriver ;) Man its crazy with this flooding , and more forecast for the weekend , plus high tide tonigh too , some amazing pics on the forums too .

AARoadwatch is crashing too :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

boxty wrote: »
    Lads, I supposed to leaving Dublin for Cork (by car) shortly. We're due to visit my g/f's sister who had her first child last night. They live in Ballincollig. I'm not sure what hospital she is in.

Some advice from RTE.ie

12.32 Patrick Street, Grand Parade, Washington Street and South Mall in Cork city have been re-opened.
    The River Lee's banks are still breached and the road from Western Road out to Ballincollig is impassable.
    There is no access on the route from Blarney to Ballincollig, so motorists are advised to take the Jack Lynch tunnel instead.

Thank You :)
    Just have to get to cinema from Coachford now :(:eek:

You're welcome, please make sure you do call the cinema before travelling though! I'm only telling you what RedFM said.... what time is your movie at? If I am in town later I can check if it is open for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Up along Opera Lane way?

dry as a bone.

Stargate wrote: »

From their twitter (they have 1?)

The AA Website is experiencing more traffic than the bandwith can hold. Keep trying, when someone else hops off there will be room for you!

Stargate wrote: »

It has been working perfectly for me all day...

Latest update:

Updated: 20/11/2009 12:31:25
    IN AREAS AFFECTED BY FLOODING, PARTICULARLY CORK AND GALWAY, PEOPLE ARE ADVISED NOT TO TRAVEL. *CORK CITY* Patrick St, Grand Parade and Washington St have re-opened to traffic. Western Rd, Washington St, The Mardyke, Shears St and North Main St are still flooded. *NORTH CORK* •The Blackwater River has burst its banks in Fermoy; the Fermoy Bridge,the Quays are impassable •The Tallow Rd in Fermoy - impassable. •Mallow- the N72 is impassable at Reas Cross also Kilavullen Village. Park Rd is closed. No access from Ballincollig through to Blarney. If travelling Cork-Mallow go via the tunnel or the South Link Road. *WEST CORK* •The N71 Cork/Bantry Rd at Inishannon is passable however roadworks will cause delays. •The N22 Cork/Killarney Rd - passable with extreme care through Macroom, Crookstown and Cloghdubh. *TIPPERARY* •In Clonmel, The Quays and several streets are closed to traffic.
    *GALWAY* • The N6 Galway/Dublin Rd is closed at Ballinasloeand at Craughwell. • For Craughwell; drivers from Loughrea divert on the N66 and drivers from Galway divert at Oranmore on the N18 to Gort. However, there is a stop/go system on the N18 Galway/Limerick Rd at Labane. Expect long delays. • The Galway/Monivea Rd (R339) is impassable at several spots between Carnmore Cross and Monivea. • There is also flooding on Crowe St in Gort with diversions in place. • N17 Galway/Tuam Rd - flooding at Two Mile Ditch, Castlegara and serious flooding at Claregalway Village. • N59 Galway/Clifden Rd - flooding at Oranswell and Knockranny – passable with care. • N63 Galway/Roscommon Rd flooding between Newtown Cross and Ballyglunin Cross – passable. • N84 Galway/Headford Rd between Corundulla Cross and Clonboo is passable with care. • The Loughrea/Athenry Rd (R349) is impassable. • Motorists headed to Connemara from the east should travel via Westport. *BUS EIREANN SERVICES TO GALWAY* • Bus Eireann GALWAY/DUBLIN services are cancelled today. DUBLIN/GALWAY services will terminate in Athlone. No services between Galway and Eyrecourt. City services are operating but delayed. • Bus Eireann ATHLONE/GALWAY services are suspended. *WATERFORD CITY* • The Tramore Rd - closed between the Cork Rd and the Ballindud R/A. • Inner Ring Rd - closed at Tramore Rd. • Road closed from Cork Rd R/A up to the Folly. • Motorists avoid the Ballytruckle Rd and Ursuline areas. • Coolfinn Bridge on Kimeadan/Portlaw Rd (R698) is closed. *KILKENNY* • Flooding on the N9 near Mullinavat, Danesfort and Knocktopher – passable. • The New Ross/Thomastown Rd (R700) impassable at Inistioge and the N24 Limerick/Waterford Rd passable with care between Grannagh and Aglish. • In Thomastown, the Quay and Marches St are impassable. HGVs are unable to access Thomastown from Graiguenamanagh or Inistioge. *N11/WEXFORD* • The N11 is flooded between Kyles Cross and Killurin-diversions, major delays. • All the Quays are closed in Enniscorthy. • In New Ross, the Wexford/ Wellingtonbridge Rd (R733) is closed. *KERRY* • The N71 Killarney/Kenmare Rd closed at Molls Gap. Divert via Kilgarvan. • The N70 Castlemaine Rd closed from Denehy's to Kelleher's Cross. *CLARE* Gardai are asking motorists to avoid Ennis Town. • The N85 Ennis/Ennistymon Rd is flooded - diversions via Inagh. • The N68/Kilrush Rd into Ennis - flooded but passable at Darragh. • The Corofin/Kilfenora Rd is flooded (R476). • The Gort Rd (R458) in the town - severely flooded. *LONGFORD* • All those approaching Longford town on the N5/Strokestown Rd from the west must divert at Kilmore Cross, turn left for Newtownforbes and then take the N4. • The N5/Strokestown Rd at Willow Park and the N63/Lanesborough Rd at the railway bridge in the Town are closed. Take the Farnahill Rd instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Going to a mate's 21st tomorrow, staying near Macurtain St near St.Patrick's Quay. The 21st is on Princes St, any update on these areas? Photos if possible?

It has been working perfectly for me all day...

Latest update:

Updated: 20/11/2009 12:31:25
    IN AREAS AFFECTED BY FLOODING, PARTICULARLY CORK AND GALWAY, PEOPLE ARE ADVISED NOT TO TRAVEL. *CORK CITY* Patrick St, Grand Parade and Washington St have re-opened to traffic. Western Rd, Washington St, The Mardyke, Shears St and North Main St are still flooded. *NORTH CORK* •The Blackwater River has burst its banks in Fermoy; the Fermoy Bridge,the Quays are impassable •The Tallow Rd in Fermoy - impassable. •Mallow- the N72 is impassable at Reas Cross also Kilavullen Village. Park Rd is closed. No access from Ballincollig through to Blarney. If travelling Cork-Mallow go via the tunnel or the South Link Road. *WEST CORK* •The N71 Cork/Bantry Rd at Inishannon is passable however roadworks will cause delays. •The N22 Cork/Killarney Rd - passable with extreme care through Macroom, Crookstown and Cloghdubh. *TIPPERARY* •In Clonmel, The Quays and several streets are closed to traffic.
    *GALWAY* • The N6 Galway/Dublin Rd is closed at Ballinasloeand at Craughwell. • For Craughwell; drivers from Loughrea divert on the N66 and drivers from Galway divert at Oranmore on the N18 to Gort. However, there is a stop/go system on the N18 Galway/Limerick Rd at Labane. Expect long delays. • The Galway/Monivea Rd (R339) is impassable at several spots between Carnmore Cross and Monivea. • There is also flooding on Crowe St in Gort with diversions in place. • N17 Galway/Tuam Rd - flooding at Two Mile Ditch, Castlegara and serious flooding at Claregalway Village. • N59 Galway/Clifden Rd - flooding at Oranswell and Knockranny – passable with care. • N63 Galway/Roscommon Rd flooding between Newtown Cross and Ballyglunin Cross – passable. • N84 Galway/Headford Rd between Corundulla Cross and Clonboo is passable with care. • The Loughrea/Athenry Rd (R349) is impassable. • Motorists headed to Connemara from the east should travel via Westport. *BUS EIREANN SERVICES TO GALWAY* • Bus Eireann GALWAY/DUBLIN services are cancelled today. DUBLIN/GALWAY services will terminate in Athlone. No services between Galway and Eyrecourt. City services are operating but delayed. • Bus Eireann ATHLONE/GALWAY services are suspended. *WATERFORD CITY* • The Tramore Rd - closed between the Cork Rd and the Ballindud R/A. • Inner Ring Rd - closed at Tramore Rd. • Road closed from Cork Rd R/A up to the Folly. • Motorists avoid the Ballytruckle Rd and Ursuline areas. • Coolfinn Bridge on Kimeadan/Portlaw Rd (R698) is closed. *KILKENNY* • Flooding on the N9 near Mullinavat, Danesfort and Knocktopher – passable. • The New Ross/Thomastown Rd (R700) impassable at Inistioge and the N24 Limerick/Waterford Rd passable with care between Grannagh and Aglish. • In Thomastown, the Quay and Marches St are impassable. HGVs are unable to access Thomastown from Graiguenamanagh or Inistioge. *N11/WEXFORD* • The N11 is flooded between Kyles Cross and Killurin-diversions, major delays. • All the Quays are closed in Enniscorthy. • In New Ross, the Wexford/ Wellingtonbridge Rd (R733) is closed. *KERRY* • The N71 Killarney/Kenmare Rd closed at Molls Gap. Divert via Kilgarvan. • The N70 Castlemaine Rd closed from Denehy's to Kelleher's Cross. *CLARE* Gardai are asking motorists to avoid Ennis Town. • The N85 Ennis/Ennistymon Rd is flooded - diversions via Inagh. • The N68/Kilrush Rd into Ennis - flooded but passable at Darragh. • The Corofin/Kilfenora Rd is flooded (R476). • The Gort Rd (R458) in the town - severely flooded. *LONGFORD* • All those approaching Longford town on the N5/Strokestown Rd from the west must divert at Kilmore Cross, turn left for Newtownforbes and then take the N4. • The N5/Strokestown Rd at Willow Park and the N63/Lanesborough Rd at the railway bridge in the Town are closed. Take the Farnahill Rd instead.

Lucky you, eh:D:D

North Main St will prob be closed for the day,

The mardyke:

attachment.php?attachmentid=5449&stc=1&d=1258713247

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Going to a mate's 21st tomorrow, staying near Macurtain St near St.Patrick's Quay. The 21st is on Princes St, any update on these areas? Photos if possible?

MaCurtain St will be fine, I'm not to sure about Princes St with Oliver Plunkett St flodding I guess Princes St might get some to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Macca07 wrote: »
    I come down every wknd, not gonna stop cause of some flooding

There's a bit of flooding on a few streets in the city center, everywhere else is fine. Even grand parade and others only have a bit of surface water. Sun is splitting the rocks at the moment. Come on down.

Appartantly the ESB were holding back on dumping the water to help in the Search of the Student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

boxty wrote: »

CUMH is the only maternity hospital. It's not flooded but they don't allow anyone but the father in to visit anymore because of swine flu afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

There's a bit of flooding on a few streets in the city center, everywhere else is fine. Even grand parade and others only have a bit of surface water. Sun is splitting the rocks at the moment. Come on down.

I will bill, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Just went for a drive and got a few pics:

15C35F6EEE774B15B65E87F4897DE5CC-800.jpg

23513E2C01924692A3294335B3071426-800.jpg

The pedestrian bridge from brookfield to the back of WGB:
    1AD026BEB8824261980FA0B024356C6A-800.jpg

The road out towards the Anglers Rest.. as you can see half the road has collapsed:
    8B52A41C3DA7445A82B4BE450D42AD8F-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

UCC are saying no lectures until the 30th of November:eek:
    The University has said all lectures will be cancelled until 30 November due to the flood damage.

Halfway down:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1120/weather.html

On UCC site:

http://www.ucc.ie/en/flood/

You're welcome, please make sure you do call the cinema before travelling though! I'm only telling you what RedFM said.... what time is your movie at? If I am in town later I can check if it is open for you.

New Moon showing is at 8.30 pm :]
    Thank you so much would appreciate it :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 UndecidedKris

Hey, does anyone know if there is any way to get to the GATE cinema in Cork city today?? Much app an answer please!! :(:eek:

Undecided Kriz. . this is Keira your companion for this afternoon :]
    i wish to inform you that i am trying to contact you on ce moment so pick up your portable telphone device :O

i love you really :D

lol dear keira I know!! i just rang the cinema again!

answer your phone, i was ringing you aswell!! call me cuz ive no crd!! :D

Undecided Kriz. . this is Keira your companion for this afternoon :]
    i wish to inform you that i am trying to contact you on ce moment so pick up your portable telphone device :O

i love you really :D

What's going on here??:D:D;)

Just checked the AA website and it seems that there's no changes from the last update

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

This is insane and with more heavy rain and high tides coming in....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

:eek: holy crap :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

lol dear keira I know!! i just rang the cinema again!

answer your phone, i was ringing you aswell!! call me cuz ive no crd!! :D

LOL :D

What's going on here??:D:D;)

Just checked the AA website and it seems that there's no changes from the last update

Were best friends so calm down :D and wer all excited cuz the cinema is still on for NEW MOON!!!