Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood Warning from AA Road watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Stargate wrote: »
    High tida again tonight simu , and more rain for weekend :eek:

I'm happy I live on the 4th floor tbh. Hope my building doesn't flood though. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Orizio wrote: »
    Stuck out in Castlemartyr right now, have to drop an essay off at UCC...

1. Can I get into the city? Train from Midleton maybe?

2. Can I get into UCC itself, think the area before Hayfield Manor? (I'm assuming not).

3. How's North Main Street.

Thanks for any help.

1. It wouldn't be worth it. Contact/e-mail your assignment to your lecturer. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63101909&postcount=8 should help you.

2. Not sure but again wouldn't be worth it.

3. I'm told that it's still flooded. Someone in town told me Tony's Bistro has floods up to knee level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

1. It wouldn't be worth it. Contact/e-mail your assignment to your lecturer http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63101909&postcount=8 should help you.

2. Not sure but again wouldn't be worth it.

3. I'm told that it's still flooded. Someone in town told me Tony's Bistro has floods up to knee level.

Jesus. I'm almost tempted to go up and have a look around now. :D

Thanks for the help lads. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi All
    Heading home this evening from Dublin to West Cork and getting collected at Cork train station. Does anyone know if it's possible to get from Dunmanway to Cork and then from the Bandon road to the train station?
    Cheers

Stay in Dublin this weekend if possible! Don't go to Cork unless it is an emergency in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

I'm heading to Cork for the weekend from Dublin but only to the city. Trains are delayed 30 minutes but thats it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

From AA roadwatch

Cork - The Togher exit off the Sarsfield Rd R/A has reopened :D

This will be really brutal for city centre businesses. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This is pretty minor but does anyone know if the side streets connecting south mall to oliver plunkett st are flooded? I have booked Il Padrino for tomorrow evening for myself and a friend and wondering whether i should cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

1. Can I get into the city? Train from Midleton maybe?
    not a problem.
    2. Can I get into UCC itself
    Not a chance.

the place is closed.

the Mercy:
    4118969481_7a0156b221.jpg

4119747178_12378a5d43.jpg

click for big ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Stuck out in Castlemartyr right now, have to drop an essay off at UCC...

Dude, I would email it...

• Advertisement

Hi All
    Heading home this evening from Dublin to West Cork and getting collected at Cork train station. Does anyone know if it's possible to get from Dunmanway to Cork and then from the Bandon road to the train station?
    Cheers

any help ...........

Cork - The Macroom/Inchigeelagh Rd (R584) at Toons Bridge and Ballingeary village are closed, as is the Coolyhane Rd View Map
    Updated: 20/11/2009 10:38:39

The Dunmanway/Macroom Rd(R587), Macroom/Coachford Rd (R618) at Rooves bridge, the Crookstwon Rd and Ballyvourney Rds are flooded. Also flooding on the Millstreet Rd into Macroom town by the old Triangle and on the Macroom/Ballinagree Rd and Reananiree Rd west of the Mons Bar. Crookstown and Cloghdubh on the N22 are now passable but with extreme care.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Macca07 wrote: »
    I'm heading to Cork for the weekend from Dublin but only to the city. Trains are delayed 30 minutes but thats it

Macca, I wouldn't bother coming down here. If you do come down here, expect to see a lot of floods this weekend as the forecast is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Stargate wrote: »
    Tnx , trying to get to the new apartments alongside the river .........
    coming from cork , over the bridge , turn right and then right again into the complex

tnx for the info Thedriver ;)

If its the fancy ones on the northside, then go via crossbarry and you will come into the northside and avoid most of the flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Macca, I wouldn't bother coming down here. If you do come down here, expect to see a lot of floods this weekend as the forecast is shocking.

I come down every wknd, not gonna stop cause of some flooding

leahyl wrote: »
    This is pretty minor but does anyone know if the side streets connecting south mall to oliver plunkett st are flooded? I have booked Il Padrino for tomorrow evening for myself and a friend and wondering whether i should cancel

Call them and check.... 021 427 1544

kingtut wrote: »
    Call them and check.... 021 427 1544

Yes that would be the wise thing to do i guess.....doh! Thanks Kingtut:)

What's the story with tap water btw?

I heard that 40% of the city has none at all. We have it here but I wonder if it's ok to drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

There was a car swept into the river near Leemount earlier.Driver had to rescued by fire brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Oliver Plunkett St:
    4118955689_9ab74f39ac.jpg

4119729100_672bbdc819.jpg

TheDriver wrote: »
    If its the fancy ones on the northside, then go via crossbarry and you will come into the northside and avoid most of the flooding.

Ha , fancy that :D

dont know if its northside/southside they are the apartments near the playground , across from the footbridge ,

If we go crossbarry way , will we have to come down by the creamery on watergate st? that was flooded last nite :(

tnx for the info TheDriver ;)

• Advertisement

deRanged wrote: »
    Oliver Plunkett St:
    4118955689_9ab74f39ac.jpg

4119729100_672bbdc819.jpg

Not as bad as i thought it was....it doesn't look like it has gone into shops there but maybe it's worse further on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Supposed to be driving from cork to tralee today, Is it possible to get through Macroom?

Patrick st, grand parade, oliver plunkett st open again to traffic. Water is after receding a good bit i'd say

leahyl wrote: »
    Yes that would be the wise thing to do i guess.....doh! Thanks Kingtut:)

You're welcome, enjoy your meal if it goes ahead! :)
    simu wrote: »
    What's the story with tap water btw?

I heard that 40% of the city has none at all. We have it here but I wonder if it's ok to drink?

I'd recommend boiling it before drinking if you are wary...
    Maybe fill up a few large containers with tap water just in case it gets cut off? I plan on doing the same when I get home...who knows how long it could be gone for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 jimkennedy

cork_venice.jpg

Jim.

not at all stargate, Crossbarry brings you in by the meat factory, down kilbrogan hill and the courthouse and into the apartments.
    The fancy ones are indeed beside the playground, which is severly flooded. Hope itsnot a ground floor apartment..........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Niall0 wrote: »
    Supposed to be driving from cork to tralee today, Is it possible to get through Macroom?

Spoke to a customer this morning who drove in from Macroom to city and she had no problems. Don't know about the other side of Macroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

So with Patrick St open I've no chance of getting work :( Up along Opera Lane way?

jimkennedy wrote: »
    cork_venice.jpg

Jim.

LOL:D!

• Advertisement

is opera house closed I wonder?

Advertisement