Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cage Contender....

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

I think the 'Golden Ticket' is a great idea. But the idea of someone having to fight 27 minutes in a cage to win sounds hard.
    How many of the fights went the distance is the last cage contender?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Hi Anakin,

I believe only 1 fight went the distance (the final)

you can view the results here:

http://www.mmauniverse.com/events/SS11872

(ignore the timings, all rounds were 3 mins, not 5 mins)

Nobody is saying fighting 3 times in one night is going to be easy, and certainly not all fighters would have the stones or the stamina for it.

But the rounds are shorter, the action is explosive and its a great night to be had for all, fans and fighters included.

We encourage anyone buying tickets to buy them directly from the fighters to help bump up the guys earnings from the show.

J + M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Cheers for the information.

The concept is excellent, only a properly trained and conditioned athlete / fighter will have a chance of winning. I'm definitely buying a ticket, 6 fights on the main event and 12 on the undercard is a big promotion.

My mate has his stag around then I wonder if he will change it to the 14th at your event

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Are there any videos of this show?

I asked before and havent found any.

ollieo wrote: »
    Are there any videos of this show?

I asked before and havent found any.

The footage was not of good enough quality to broadcast, The next event 14th Nov 2009 will be covered on the P4TV sports network www.p4tv.com

cheers

John
    www.fight.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

fightie wrote: »
    The footage was not of good enough quality to broadcast, The next event 14th Nov 2009 will be covered on the P4TV sports network www.p4tv.com

cheers

John
    www.fight.ie

Probably good enough quality for youtube though, are those fights going to disappear into the ether then?

Probably good enough quality for youtube though, are those fights going to disappear into the ether then?

Hi Mark!!

the DVD we got is one long DVD, not split into fights!!! This makes them too long for youtube, if you could give me advice on how to split them i would love to put them up

Cheers

John
    www.fight.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Great choice on involving P4tv John,Its typical when i go to announce they are filming Clan Wars to find out another promotion was in talks with them aswell lol - No worries though its all good, this will help get the Irish fighters name out there from a few shows,great minds think alike :)

Really looking forward to the event!

Send me that e-mail when you get the chance,was rushing out the door in work so couldnt talk long today,cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭markfightie

NO!!! that is not what UFC1 did. they had any weight fight example 65kg V 120kg plus all diff fight styles example boxer V juijitsu. This is a great show and im looking forward to it, but what seems to be going on latley when someone wants to take a step up and make the sport more interesting and profesional is people begrudge them like when resently the Ultimate Octagon Challenge crew where staging a European Championship and even some dudes put a chatchy name like "imortal champs" these two shows where not aloud take place because of criers!!! Good Luck with the show Fight.ie........ takes some balls and determination.

Sorry to bring back an old thread, ive been watching my collection of old ufc stuff

Your right and correct jujitsu black, ufc 1+2 were open weighted and was art vs art ie: boxing vs jits

if anyone has never seen the first lot of ufc contests, its really worth watching, it shows how much things have evolved, i think in the first show nobody told the referee you were allowed to submit opponents

Your right and correct jujitsu black

Jesus!! I never though I would hear that :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement