Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schoolboy becomes father at just 13.

Options
  • 03-10-2009 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Here we go again.

How come I need a licence for my dog yet any pair of twats can bring little miracles into the world?
    A schoolboy aged 13 has become one of Britain's youngest fathers, it has been reported.

The boy, from Manchester, was "chuffed to bits" after his 16-year-old girlfriend gave birth to a baby girl this week, the Daily Mirror said.

His father told the paper: "My son is mature for his age and will make a good father. He will make a better dad than most 25-year-old men would."

The young couple's identity cannot be revealed for legal reasons. They are said to have been in a relationship for some time, although they did not go to the same school.

His father added: "He isn't bewildered about about what has happened. He was a bit shocked at first but now he's chuffed to bits."

Earlier this year another 13-year-old, Alfie Patten, from Eastbourne in East Sussex, was believed to have become a father after his 15-year-old girlfriend conceived. But, DNA tests later showed that another 15-year-old was the father.

Britain has the worst teenage pregnancy rate in Europe, with an estimated around 43,000 teenage mothers created in England every year.

This latest case comes after new measures to deal with teenage pregnancies announced by Gordon Brown this week. He said teenage parents on benefits would be forced to live in "supervised homes" instead of being given council houses.

"It's time to address a problem that for too long has gone unspoken: the number of children having children," he declared.

In 2007, there were 42,918 pregnancies among under-18s

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091003/tuk-schoolboy-becomes-father-at-just13-6323e80.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

God help the poor child (the baby that is :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where do English girls take the ferry to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

That boy had sex with a 16 year old.....niiiiiiiice

South Park reference

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Hard Larry wrote: »
    How come I need a licence for my dog yet any pair of twats can bring little miracles into the world?

Very true. You need a licence for everything these days yet you see all sorts having babies, treating them harshly and letting them roam the streets 'til all hours. Then you have the lovely people who'd make wonderful parents struggling to conceive. Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

can't we just copy over all the replies from the other thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

His father told the paper: "My son is mature for his age and will make a good father. He will make a better dad than most 25-year-old men would."

I think there's you answer right there folks. No wonder kids are having kids when they are being raised by idiots like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

A schoolboy aged 13 has become one of Britain's youngest fathers, it has been reported.

The boy, from Manchester, was "chuffed to bits" after his 16-year-old girlfriend gave birth to a baby girl this week, the Daily Mirror said.

His father told the paper: "My son is mature for his age and will make a good father.

I'd say he's more mature than he's given credit for.
    Sure isn't he 13 coming on 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

If the only emotion a 13 year old boy has about becoming a dad at that age is "chuffed", then he clearly isn't mature enough to be a dad.

How the hell is a 13 year old supposed to provide for a kid, especially in the middle of a recession. I pity the child that's about to be born.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

People should be put on mandatory Birth Control until they hit 18. Preferably until they get a license to prove they are not a useless drain on society.

Like, the kid will be 5 when Daddy is heading for his first legal pint. What in the severe ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

What's the age of consent in England ? 16 ?

Was it not statutory rape then ?

• Advertisement

Tellox wrote: »
    People should be put on mandatory Birth Control until they hit 18. Preferably until they get a license to prove they are not a useless drain on society.

Like, the kid will be 5 when Daddy is heading for his first legal pint. What in the severe ****.

Somehow I doubt Daddy is going to be around long enough to see his child take its first steps let alone anything else. Whats the betting after the novelty wears off he'll be back to his playstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

dont you know? Its only statutory rape if the guy is the older one, women normally have carte blanche

I think generally statutory rape laws are only really used if the age gap is really significant. I cant see any advantage in taking a 16 year old to court can you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

When is a woman\girl ever going to be convicted of statutory rape? Especially a 16 year old girl with a baby who had sex with someone 3 years younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

eviltwin wrote: »
    Somehow I doubt Daddy is going to be around long enough to see his child take its first steps let alone anything else. Whats the betting after the novelty wears off he'll be back to his playstation.

Maybe he'll impregnate his playstation as well. Kinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Thornography

I cant remember if I could even get it up at 13 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

eviltwin wrote: »
    I think generally statutory rape laws are only really used if the age gap is really significant. I cant see any advantage in taking a 16 year old to court can you?

Would you be cool with a 16 year old boy having sex with a 13 year old girl ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

High five to the 13yr old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Are you advocating a licence before you are allowed have a child? And if so, what is the punishment for having a child without a licence?

Or do you actually have anything constructive to say on the issue?

Would you be cool with a 16 year old boy having sex with a 13 year old girl ?

Nope just as I'm not cool with 16 year old girls having sex with underage boys

My point is its done, the girl has just had a baby and what exactly are we going to do with her? Put her a detention centre or something?

These two were girlfriend and boyfriend by all accounts so I'm assuming the parents were aware they were seeing each other. What were they thinking allowing it? Its them who should be punished if you ask me. As a parent its your job to take care of your kids until they come of age..they ****ed that up big time so let them take the rap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

"My son is mature for his age and will make a good father. He will make a better dad than most 25-year-old men would."

Just.......massive facepalm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

orourkeda wrote: »
    When is a woman\girl ever going to be convicted of statutory rape? Especially a 16 year old girl with a baby who had sex with someone 3 years younger.

The answer to that question is that you have to know what the definition of statutory rape is, in the jurisdiction you're talking about. For instance, in the UK the definition of statutory rape is that a person has sex with a girl under 13. So obviously, once you know the legal definition in the jurisdiction in question, it's easy to see why it's not going to happen here. This Mancunian girl can't be done for it, because that's not what she did.
    That trumpet teacher in the UK who was jailed for her affair with a fifteen year old female pupil, she who wasn't done for statutory rape, either - the girl in question was older than 13.
    Nor was Vanessa George, that nursery school worker from this week, even though her victims had to fall into the age range.

I'm not disputing that there should be some sort of equivalent legal term where the woman is the perpetrator, seeing as it's pretty well male-centric as it stands. Just that at the moment - in the UK - statutory rape isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Is the lad probably not still in national school?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's a great way to reduce teenage pregnancies-

BRING BACK FINGERING!!

00112984 wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, there's a great way to reduce teenage pregnancies-

BRING BACK FINGERING!!

I think if parents weren't so quick to stick their heads in the sand and actually talked openly to their children about sex from an early age then we wouldnt have a problem

Fingering might help too though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

drkpower wrote: »
    Are you advocating a licence before you are allowed have a child? And if so, what is the punishment for having a child without a licence?

You do realise this is AH dont you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

wyndham wrote: »
    High five to the 13yr old.

Are you also 13?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

The child (father), is more mature than most 25 year old men, yet not mature enough to grasp the idea of birth control?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

drkpower wrote: »

Yes i would be in favour of such a scheme

The punishment? Abortion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

35notout wrote: »
    You do realise this is AH dont you?

Sure, but when you post on a serious topic, you shouldnt get a free pass to inanity.
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    Yes i would be in favour of such a scheme

The punishment? Abortion.

Okay..... forced abortions. Interesting idea.
    And if the girl is discovered by the authorites at 37 weeks, would you still favour such a proposal?
    And what if they succesfully went to term and delivered before the authorities found out?

Advertisement