Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores opening or re-opening in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Mothercare are advertising for all their management and staff at the minute on jobs.ie and it says that their location in Cleveragh Road!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I was on O'Connell Street yesterday and saw a new shop opening. It's called Party Boutique, they were not open yesterday evening but most of the stock was in there and on the shelves so maybe opening today.
    It's like the partyland shop but bigger, loads of costumes for Haloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

where about in O'Connell street?

where about in O'Connell street?

Beside Easons, or one shop up from it. I think it might have been where the card shop was but not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Beside Easons, or one shop up from it. I think it might have been where the card shop was but not too sure.
    Yep, that was Card Boutique.

• Advertisement

New store opening in Quayside where the newsagent used to be, it was also a menswear shop and Partyland for a while, just after the Bagel Bar and before you go inside on the left hand side. Everything in that unit has failed, wonder if this will cope any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

New store opening in Quayside where the newsagent used to be, it was also a menswear shop and Partyland for a while, just after the Bagel Bar and before you go inside on the left hand side. Everything in that unit has failed, wonder if this will cope any better?

What kind of shop is going in there, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

high horse wrote: »
    What kind of shop is going in there, do you know?

rumoured to be mcdonaghs electrical

I though Mc Donaghs Electrical were rumored to be opening at the back of Quayside, beside Dominos Pizza, where Plush Interiors were.

Dont quote me on this but if my memory serves me right I think I remember seeing a sign saying VM2 over the shop as if that's what it's going to be called.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was another womenswear shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

HMV! Am happy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

YES Great news.:D:D:D
    will it go where Zavvi was....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

easkey wrote: »

I hope so. :)

Sligo needs a new music store. Bring it on I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

easkey wrote: »

YAY I love HMV!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 FrozenPenguin

I was on O'Connell Street yesterday and saw a new shop opening. It's called Party Boutique, they were not open yesterday evening but most of the stock was in there and on the shelves so maybe opening today.
    It's like the partyland shop but bigger, loads of costumes for Haloween.

checked out that new store, wouldnt rate it too high though. staff arent really friendly, and prices are more expensive than partyland. Plus, partyland are giving 10% student discount on all gear, great for the 80's night im having this week! :p

I'm so happy about the HMV news, I have a voucher for their store which I have not used so now I have an excuse to buy something:)
    On their website it says in the careers section that applicants should be able to start week commencing 26/10 which is very soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

HMV...

.. SCORE!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'm so happy about the HMV news, I have a voucher for their store which I have not used so now I have an excuse to buy something:)
    On their website it says in the careers section that applicants should be able to start week commencing 26/10 which is very soon :D

HMV? Johnsons Court?

:confused:

I would have guessed that's where they will go, into the unit where Zavvi were. It would be better though if there was a big enough unit in Quayside, more people seem to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

I would have guessed that's where they will go, into the unit where Zavvi were. It would be better though if there was a big enough unit in Quayside, more people seem to go there.

To bbe honest with you i dont like the Quayside Shopping Centre. I dont know why but it is not that nice.

• Advertisement

HMV!!!!
    This is fantastic news,can't wait for it to open!:)

Roll on October 26th!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Janine87 wrote: »
    To bbe honest with you i dont like the Quayside Shopping Centre. I dont know why but it is not that nice.

+1 I don't like it either. It's badly laid out and I don't like the low ceilings on the Mezzanine level or that you have to walk through Next to get to the other side.

To be honest I'm not a fan of it either, the layout is terrible and I feel I should bend over on the Mezz level due to the low ceilings but there seems to be more footfall of customers than Johnston Court and seems to be more successful in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

magnumlady wrote: »
    +1 I don't like it either. It's badly laid out and I don't like the low ceilings on the Mezzanine level or that you have to walk through Next to get to the other side.
    ya i hate that,they could have easily constructed a walkaway to the left hand side of next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

magnumlady wrote: »

It is very confusing walking around there. The lifts are absolutely tiny too. One family per ride, our buggy just fits in.

Don't staff need to be trained before the shop opens? I'd imagine it will be later than Oct 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Rickie Devine opened his new riding stables in Ballymote at the weekend.

It looks brilliant to me (never been in a riding stables/arena before).

Massive crowd there and Ocean FM were broadcasting on the day. Was told things didn't finish up til after 11 that night.

Best of luck to him in his venture anyway.

I thought the Horse Riding Centre was in Keash. Is Keash near Ballymote?

Supposedly Tom Tailor is re-opening under new management and are looking for staff at the moment. Will try and find more information on this.

The new shop in Quayside is VM2, it's opening on Thursday the 8th. It basically a Vero Moda shop just smaller.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hope tom tailor are opening again, they always had good stuff at a decent price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I thought the Horse Riding Centre was in Keash. Is Keash near Ballymote?

Yeah, it's between Keash and Ballymote, thought more people would know where Ballymote was though!

Advertisement