Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** General "points" thread **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Piste wrote: »
    I've been on this thread all night yet it didn't occur to me to change the thread title to tell people about the scans. How did I even pass the LC?

ah thats making it too easy for them, we had to trawl through 20+ pages, so should they!!:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Although there probably Arts Students, if so we'll leave them off:p
    You lookin' for a ban?!!! :mad:
    I've been on this thread all night yet it didn't occur to me to change the thread title to tell people about the scans. How did I even pass the LC?
    :D

You're caught up in the hysteria, I'm not. ;)

Though I was watching for two people with almost as much interest as I had in my own back in the day, tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

coyle wrote: »
    fair enough so, i take it back! and ye might get lucky in the second round

Good stuff :) Nah i got my course its just 2 or 3 of my friends missed out by 5 or 10 pts. Really hope they get in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Hope everyone is happy with whatever they end up with. Bedtime for me now too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

I got med in RCSI. I don't know how to feel. I sort of wish I got human health and disease in trinity.

with a serious amount of points by the looks of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Well dont everyone whoose getting their courses:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Mods, nominate one of PADDY's posts for Tuesdays post of the day. Most helpful post i've EVER come across on Boards:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

it occured to me - clearly i should be the mod

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Bed?? Wait til we get our offers then we can relax! Who's with me on staying up till 6?

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    OY!! :mad:

/throws pie at eventine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Bed?? Wait til we get our offers then we can relax! Who's with me on staying up till 6?

I'm here with ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm between two minds, might sleep and pretend I'm going to trinity.

Oh god I can see myself living in denial for the next 5 years....

Person: So where do you go to college?
    Me: Oh I'm studying medicine in Trinity
    Friend: no you're not you're st-
    Me:-LALALALALALALALALA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chocoiholic

banjopaul wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like any shakespeare i've ever read!!:P

Sorry i made a mistake there!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I was considering it but I'm very tired, and I don't think I care enough to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭STBR

Any real men in the thread.

Night.

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Mods, nominate one of PADDY's posts for Tuesdays post of the day. Most helpful post i've EVER come across on Boards:)
    We can't ... it's a script.

Go back and thank his first post with the scans if you like ...
    it occured to me - clearly i should be the mod

:cool:
    /nominates LL as mod of the Likely Lassies forum.

Oh wait ... that really doesn't sound good! >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah we should all go back and thank paddy's post with the scans so he gets post of the day. It's this post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61644923&postcount=411

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Oh wait ... that really doesn't sound good! >_>
    Well not for her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'm a bit annoyed. I got what I expected to get which was Marketing in DIT but my first choice was journalism in DCU which I've always wanted to do but didn't have a hope of getting 475 points. Checked it out of curiosity and it fell 50 points! I got 385 but I know if I had've put some proper work in I could've easily gotten 425 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Crazypaddy

I accepted my offer for Engineering in trinners in 2004 at 6.01 am and that was with 56k dial up lol

We can't ... it's a script.

Go back and thank his first post with the scans if you like ...

>_>

I already did!:)

Everybody, thank the post. This man has kept our blood pressures down. High blood pressure causes hear attacks! This man has quite literally saved all of our lives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

One quick quick question, whats commerce in ucd and business studies in dcu and ul?? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jamkirk

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    I'm here with ya!

me toooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

am i being really thick that i dont get it? it must be obvious but im really really tiered now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Crazypaddy wrote: »
    I accepted my offer for Engineering in trinners in 2004 at 6.01 am and that was with 56k dial up lol

Great story to tell your buddies in the dole queue, now that you have presumably graduated from engineering:p

Just Kiddin, thanks a million for the paper!

I'm between two minds, might sleep and pretend I'm going to trinity.

Oh god I can see myself living in denial for the next 5 years....

Person: So where do you go to college?
    Me: Oh I'm studying medicine in Trinity
    Friend: no you're not you're st-
    Me:-LALALALALALALALALA
    Hush now, there's not a damn thing wrong with RCSI. :)

Though I do know what you're saying, there's a little ball of disappointment in me for a young mate of mine who missed his No 1 in Trinity, even though he got his no. 2, a perfectly good alternative elsewhere. Just I know he would have settled into TCD very easily, and enjoyed it ... esp. the range of societies / clubs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Liam O wrote: »
    I'm a bit annoyed. I got what I expected to get which was Marketing in DIT but my first choice was journalism in DCU which I've always wanted to do but didn't have a hope of getting 475 points. Checked it out of curiosity and it fell 50 points! I got 385 but I know if I had've put some proper work in I could've easily gotten 425 :mad:
    If we could swap results I'd gladly give you my 425 for your 385, since either way i'm in.

• Advertisement

One quick quick question, whats commerce in ucd and business studies in dcu and ul?? Thanks in advance.
    UCD Commerce is 450

BS 385 in UL

BS 425 in DCU

Advertisement