Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 - Time to gloat

Options

Comments

I feel left out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

You're not loved

I know.. its sad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm in a bit of trouble in my league now...was costing in first, but lost to 3rd now...he deffo played LTNT to beat me, but will be playing away to my other main rival away next week and with lower LTNT rating, and same will happen next time, so a bit of advantage to my main rival that he plays this guy right after me so they'll be weakend. I have another away game next weekend, and then the final game until half way is against my main rival and I'm at home...I'll need to get back on track with a BP win this weekend and a win v my rival next weekend and the race is back on...if I can get top spot, I can get promoted! But this is a massive blow now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Aren't you in the Division Three Jackass? If so, I wouldn't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

well that was a hammering and a half! didnt even get one point on the board last night. cup run over! I expected a defeat as played reserves & some people out of position & NWIM but damn 53 - 0 is harsh. he LTNT'd me though I am sure looking at the ratings alot of impressives etc!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I'm playing a bot on sat. WNWIM. Looking to work my way up the promo tables:p

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

you coasting in your league jeff?

JohnButler wrote: »
    you coasting in your league jeff?

I've never been great at english but is coasting a word?:D

• Advertisement

ajeffares wrote: »
    I've never been great at english but is coasting a word?:D

How dare you question my command of the English language!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Never Mind.

jprender wrote: »
    Never Mind.

Well said :D

12 - 7 down coming up to half time...a loss here and a title push is all but over I reckon :(

Although, on the bright side, you have to love the commentary for games:

"The ball went out fifteen metres out from the try line in the Raging Bulls half. Now it's lying at the feet of an attractive blonde female TV reporter. Twice the ref's assistant has to hurry the Klubs hooker along in his preparations! I think he wants a name and telephone number before he'll throw in!"

19 - 27 up with 10 mins to play and 4 tries on the board...just need to hold on now for the victory!!!! :eek:

34 - 12 to me. Pretty happy, but the win was expected to be honest.

Edit: Yes, just found out the team ahead of me in the league lost. Im chuffed! Playing them next week too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Two more comfortable wins today... one home and one away so stay top of the table. Really pleased so far this season, sitting 6 and 8 in the League 4 promotion table.

Played WNWIM away against a bot and won 66-0

Narrow win over Musicboxers, who I think were TNT'ing which is good I guess. My kicker is off form though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I reckon i sealed my league yesterday with a 55-5 win over the 2nd placed team.

I am on the maximum 30 points and 2nd place is only on 20.
    It would take a disaster of biblical proportions to stop me now !! :D

I just had a look at the promotion table for div IV. Boards.ie members occupy 10 of the 32 automatic promotion places. Div III is gonna get really crowded next season !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

A nice 30-0 victory over a team I thought were going to get a surprise victory, especially since I didn't get a chance to sort out my line-up.

Now 13th in the promotion table... slowly slowly comin' fo' you punks, though one of my best mates is in 14th place so he's my man to beat I reckon.

So we're coming up to half way point in the season...how's everyone doing in their league??

Give us all a quick synopsis! :D

For me, I'm in division 3, I'm 2nd in the league with 5 wins from 6, 4 bonus point wins and a bonus point loss. I have 25 points in total.

This weekend I play the 1st ranked team in my league with 28 points and 6 wins from 6, and I'm at home, so HAVE TO win it if I'm to have a chance of getting top spot, which will more or less make winning the league a damn site easier! If I win, need to prevent them getting a losing bonus, and if I got a try bonus that'd be the iceing on the cake! But winning is the main thing! Then hope they slip up in one of the games in the second half of the season.

All in all though, confident of making play-offs and hopefull of getting top 2 at least, praying for top spot.

Problem is, me and the other team were just promoted into this division and are dominating it, so while I wouldn't have a hope in a play-off with a div 2 team, and would be hammered in div 2, I'm just hoping I can do well and really good teams don't get promoted into the league next season!! :pac:

Im joint top of my league, behind on points difference. I have to play them next and am pretty confident of a win.

5 Wins
    1 Loss
    5 bonus point wins
    1 bonus point loss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭corny

[Jackass] wrote: »
    For me, I'm in division 3, I'm 2nd in the league with 5 wins from 6, 4 bonus point wins and a bonus point loss. I have 25 points in total.

Exactly the same for me except i have 5 bonus point wins but no losing bonuses. I've no hope against the top team in my league so second is what i'm playing for and everything going to plan so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

seven points clear at top of my league (division IV tho) 6 wins and 6 bonus try points! :) 30 points in all at this stage of the season and 5th in promotion table, so cant ask for much better (other than top of promotion table!) :D

I'm running away with it in Div 4:D

top of iv9 with 6 wins from 6 games, 30 points and 6 bonus try points. 10 in the promotion tables so looking to improve. Playing second team in my league tommorrow but should win, hopefully putting up a good score in the process.

I have my reservations about gaining promotion to division 3. There a good few weak points in my team that need addressing and im not sure if we could be competetive enough. Anyway, we'll worry about this season for now and hopefully i can improve the team. That definitly will not be done by purchasing players from the TM! I couldnt justify paying $50000+ for an average player.

JohnButler wrote: »
    top of iv9 with 6 wins from 6 games, 30 points and 6 bonus try points. 10 in the promotion tables so looking to improve. Playing second team in my league tommorrow but should win, hopefully putting up a good score in the process.

I have my reservations about gaining promotion to division 3. There a good few weak points in my team that need addressing and im not sure if we could be competetive enough. Anyway, we'll worry about this season for now and hopefully i can improve the team. That definitly will not be done by purchasing players from the TM! I couldnt justify paying $50000+ for an average player.

I wouldn't worry too much about div III. There are one or two groups you don't want to be in but other than that you should be fine. Div. II is when it really gets serious

I've got the manager from hell above, and a really annoying cocky guy below me and lowest ranking CSR team of the group (much to Orizio's chagrin)!

Oh the joys of DivIII

• Advertisement

Just like to mention the sub flanker I got off corny will get his debut on sat. Got him for $1 and he makes my bench:)

Advertisement