Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trials hd

• 10-08-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

out this Wednesday at a cost of 1200 ms points. review up on eurogamer http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/trials-hd-review
    they gave it
    9/10

haven't heard much of this game really but looks like it could be great. never played it on the pc but heard its addictive.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,822 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like excitebike on speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This looks really cool! definite buy for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

level editor sounds/looks good!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

This looks to be a short flash version of the game:

http://www.miniclip.com/games/trials-2/en/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

looks amazing, ill probably purchase this or finally buy monkey island!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

lol...I love the sounds the bike rider makes!:D Looks like fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

It's 9.99$ for the pc version (Trials 2) well worth the money :)
    Edit: With only 1500~ MS Points left on my acct. i feel it might be a bit too expensive though?

anyone get this yet? turns out i only have 560 points left so ill wait for reaction before maybe ordering some more points on livecodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

yea i got it, playing it for around an hour or so. its good but it can be hard at some stages where you have to keep restarting but whats handy is that theres alot of checkpoints so you don't have to restart from the start. there's a trial up on live aswel so you might be better off giving that ago first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got this last night, and really like it. It has one of those things that really appeals to me in XBLA games - friend leaderboards. I played the easy levels over and over last night until I got gold medals in all of them and I got the best times on my friends list.

The game itself is great fun - the controls are deceptively simple, but they have alot of depth. You use the two triggers to accelerate and brake, and use the left stick to lean back and forward. You need to use the lean function alot to prevent yourself from falling off and to line the bike up for a perfect landing after jumps (so you don't lose momentum). Nailing a level at full speed with no mistakes is a rush.

At any time in a level you can press the back button to restart a level or the B button to restart at the last checkpoint - the restarts are instant (no loading screens).

For those worried about longevity, this game will last you a long time if it gets its hooks into you. There are 50 regular levels, tournaments (multiple levels with a combined time), and alot of minigames that are unlocked by doing well in the main game. I played just one of the minigames for a half an hour last night.... Everything (levels, tournaments and minigames) has friend leaderboards.

Try the demo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Yeah the friend leaderboards are great.. I was only first in one of mine on the easy levels last timed I checked.. Guess thats none now! Thanks hey hey!

I also really like the little progression bar up at the top of the screen so you can see how close you are to the best time on your friends list, as you race.. Im glad they use this instead of a ghost, as that would be too distracting for me

Ah my arch nemesis colmise. I have a few others on mine (other boards users). I'll send you a PM later and you can send friend invites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Downloaded it first thing yesterday.. Been looking forward to it for a while now. Great game..

Add me as a friend.. Looking for a bit of a challenge n there's one of my friends that has the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I had a great time last night with this game its very addictive, and the quick restart time is very important as you will often need to restart a level to get the best time.

When you click the back button it puts you back on the start grid instantly.

I had good fun beating MR E,s (HeyHeyAces) times last night wondering if you stayed up later to beat mine?

Also when a level gets frustrating its nice to just jump into the skills section of the game to blow away a few minutes before re trying a level.

I need to add a few more boardsies I think because only HeyHeyaces was on my friends leader boards last night.

Ah Gary F, my other nemesis.

I sense Marble Blast levels of committment, all over again...
    Until Shadow Complex next week, anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

"Congratulations!
    This item has been purchased and added to your download queue."

Yaay.. I couldn't help it. :P

Now all i have to do is endure the rest of the workday until i can go home and play it.

GT:Wuzzie24 if anyone want to add me.

think ill have to get me some more points, I played the demo, flippin loved it. like someone already said, the controls have a lot of depth.

Just added unklerosco and wuzzie. 2 other friends are playing away at it now, so it'll get nicely competitive here soon. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Count me in for the leaderboards :D

Gamertag is below!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I played a lot of this game on Miniclip!

• Advertisement

C'mon then, Mr. CMod. Show us how you earned your stripes! :D
    Are you on Xbox Live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I was, not anymore. I just advise these days. :P

Just added a few names here to my friends list via Xbox.com Won't to home till very late tonight so there should be some good competition, ill be watching you MR E :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I. Love. This. Game

Its bringing the PGR4 competitiveness out in me! keysersoze4ever's time on the first course is my target!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Loving the trial.
    Just got a gold medal on Where's the ground.
    Think I'll have to splash out on the full game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I almost never bother with XBLA games but I think I'm going to have to buy this - it's great fun :). it's hilarious when you do a huge backflip and just about land perfectly, then #@!£ it up at the very last moment and land on your head - d'oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just downloaded it today. I think it's going to be one of those games I love, but I'm not very good at the harder levels (like N+) :D

No one on my friends list have this yet, so I've added a few from above. My gamertag is sjamcm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Think i might get this too. I can remember the browser version being frustratingly hard in the later stages though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

looks klass!!! mite invest :D

• Advertisement

• i think i just beat hey hey aces score also today. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

its a bit pricey at 1200 points though isnt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'd pay double that for it... Just been playing it for the last 3 hours. Best arcarde game ever!!!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    i think i just beat hey hey aces score also today. :P

HeyHeyaces scores were pretty bad in fairness :)

Gimme a break man... you guys have been playing it all day. :)
    I was top of the leaderboards in most things last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Feel free to add me.Im up for some leaderboard fun:D
    Gamertag below..Btw love the Skill games

• Advertisement

Damn, the trial version doesn't save your times.

"Obtained" Trials 2 for the PC there. Must say even on easy mode without a pad the courses are impossible. It looks a bit nicer though - 100FPS I'm getting on Max settings.

Couldn't get my pad(PS2 to PC convertor) working so I'll pay for the 360 version.

Edit: could some link me a reputable seller that will email me the points code?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

hey, i'm up or a bit of trials leaderboard action as well..
    gamertag is under glass

also, RobertFoster, i've sent you a friend request. i'll happily go through the multiplayer N+ stages with ya, or if anyone else has it as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Must give this a try later.. my Xbox has been neglected now that I've been playing catch-up on the TV shows I've been missing.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Edit: could some link me a reputable seller that will email me the points code?
    www.live-codes.co.uk - instant codes via email, I've used them a few times in the last few months.

Thanks got.
    Got the code from live codes, however I can't connect to xbox live right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mucho gracias Dave.. ordered 4200 points and the receipt and code within a minute of ordering.

Will use them again.

1200 points is a bargain, awesome game with loads to do.

also, RobertFoster, i've sent you a friend request. i'll happily go through the multiplayer N+ stages with ya, or if anyone else has it as well?
    I got the multiplayer done, it's the last few single player levels that got me :D Thanks though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

Got it last night, thought it was amazing, thought I was amazing at playing it. Unfortunately I was still celebrating the LC so turns out I only managed to complete the first tutorial, in what i'm sure is a record 32 minutes!Haha still a good game!

Realy love this game brings back memories of Kick start on the Commodore 64.

The later levels are very hard,on king of the hill I can't manage to get up the first hill must have tried a thousand times.

Furp wrote: »
    The later levels are very hard,on king of the hill I can't manage to get up the first hill must have tried a thousand times.
    I managed to get over the first hill after trying for ages. The sense of accomplishment disappeared as soon as I realised I was still only at the start of the level! :D

Ok I've added some peeps here for leaderboard purposes. Hope you guys don't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i just finished inferno II and i feel like crying, im exhausted it took me for ever but atleast i got a gamerpic. makes it all worth while

Right. forgoed food the last few hours to play this.

Starving, but as least I got all gold medals on beginner and easy.

mailrewop wrote: »
    i just finished inferno II and i feel like crying, im exhausted it took me for ever but atleast i got a gamerpic. makes it all worth while
    I kind of guessed you'd be the first on the leaderboard to do it, you've been leading the way ;)

Extreme is quite tough, I'm glad there's only 4 levels. I ran out of time on Goin' Up twice (eventually got it), so I'm going to give Inferno II a rest until tomorrow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement