Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Muse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Cannot. Fucking. Wait for this album.

Hopefully the Queen vibes in USOE will get them some attention, more people will check out who they are and realise what such class musicians they are - and they'll start developing an even bigger fan base. Especially in Ireland.

Now they're a band that would rock the fuck out of Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Cannot. Fucking. Wait for this album.

Hopefully the Queen vibes in USOE will get them some attention, more people will check out who they are and realise what such class musicians they are - and they'll start developing an even bigger fan base. Especially in Ireland.

Now they're a band that would rock the fuck out of Croke Park.

I dont see how people could disagree with that ,about the croke park bit .
    People who say u2 rocked croke park have never been to a proper rock gig IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Mr.S wrote: »
    tbh it just sounds like an intro to the song, you can't base anything on it really.

I'm kinda hoping it launches into that exact same melody only played in a heavy, new bornesque style

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Here's what we know about the song so far...
    'Uprising' (5:02) is described as "a heavy-rock take on Goldfrapp. It has football-style chanting, with all of us going 'Oi!' in time with the snare drum. It's meant to be football hooligans chanting in protest at the banking situation" - perhaps this is the result of the Dom-in-a-field-with-a-snaredrum video - Matt’s voice is deeper than usual. On the lyrics side we stay on the same previous Muse themes: conspiracies, apocalypse… He announces a union, speaks about a victory. The music is heavy and busy with synth crescendos. The song structure is simple for once. Marilyn Manson-style electro-glam stomp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

First Irish play is on Ian Dempsey on Tuesday morning 8.10am. Heard him playing Starlight during the week, think he said he was playing a few more as well
    http://www.state.ie/irish-radio-plays-for-muse-and-madonna-singles/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Second part has been leaked online :pac:

I have to say I love it.. but then again, I love anything Muse.

:pac:

Full song has leaked. I frickin love it

might want to try those links again...

done.. its amazing tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

The last youtube link doesn't seem to be working so heres another one.

I'm gettin a QOTSA/Eagles of Death Metal vibe off it, it'll be class live, they should have tacked on osaka jam as an outro for it though

• Advertisement

I've been proved wrong then! :D What a cracking song. Absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its a bit patchy IMO. Some bits I really like, some bits I'm just not feeling it. Only bout 5 or 6/10. But I won't let it hamper my view on the album. Singles, I find, in a lot of cases, are not the best songs, so will remain hopeful for more of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

OH MA GODDDDDDDDDDSH ITS GRAYSH!!! ARGH!

GRESYT5ET43!!!!!

**** YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmmmmm sceptic cat is sceptical.

Needs more plays but it's ok so far.

I have pictures in my head of a few thousand people shouting "Oi" at the top of the voices in the O2 next November now :D

Link seems to be dead but just search muse uprising in youtube and sort views by newest and you'll find a good few more.

I cant wait for this to be belted out at the VMA Awards...

Daysha wrote: »
    I have pictures in my head of a few thousand people shouting "Oi" at the top of the voices in the O2 next November now :D

That's what worries me :o

I think his voice is much more raw and unedited this time around. It sounds more like he does when he sings live. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

I'm quite liking The Uprising, I'd say it will grow some more on me. I think I prefer this song from the album though:

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

I hope you are all joking. The stuff that has been released so far has been complete and utter she-ite. I thought the United States of Eurasia or whatever its called was a joke when I first heard it and to be honest I thought it was definitely a joke when I heard the second one. Im still waiting for the band to come out and tell everybody it was all just a big joke to show you that a band with a good reputation and following could release any old crap and it would sell bucket loads. If its not a joke then unfortunately their egos have become bigger then the band. I mean both songs sound like Knights of Cydonia gone horribly horribly horribly hideously wrong. Im not trying to offend its just how I feel.

Rant over.

Discuss....

• Advertisement

While i respect your opinion.. its wrong. :P Its just a band progressing, you might not call it progression but it is something different, no?

Its brand new yet distinctively Muse

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

miralize wrote: »
    While i respect your opinion.. its wrong. :P Its just a band progressing, you might not call it progression but it is something different, no?

We'll agree to disagree and Im not expecting much support.

Yes its something different, I would call it experiental and in my opinion its an experiment gone horribly wrong.
    miralize wrote: »
    Its brand new yet distinctively Muse

I have to disagree with this statement. I thought the United states of Eurasia was a really really bad unreleased Queen song when I first heard it. It would have never dawned on me that it was Muse except that I could read the name of the artist on the video.

Oh man, I can't stop playing it. F*cking love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Definitely don't hate it or anything but it's no Hysteria really is it? Like it's hardly a massive single. Ah, I sort of expected this after BHaR. Oh well.

What 80's song does the high pitch guitar part remind you of?

Ah I remembered,

Blondie - Call Me.

budgemook wrote: »
    Definitely don't hate it or anything but it's no Hysteria really is it? Like it's hardly a massive single. Ah, I sort of expected this after BHaR. Oh well.

What 80's song does the high pitch guitar part remind you of?

Hysteria is over-rated beyond belief! Would have no problem if they dropped it from the set entirely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

X-Calibre wrote: »
    I'm quite liking The Uprising, I'd say it will grow some more on me. I think I prefer this song from the album though:

Jesus Christ thats awful. The sound of a band with their heads firmly implanted up their collective arseholes.

Hysteria is over-rated beyond belief! Would have no problem if they dropped it from the set entirely

I'm not saying Hysteria is their best song. I just mean it's a massive single y'know? Something Muse haven't had since really. Listened to it a bit more, liking it a bit.

Listening to it, and seeing as theyre presumably trying to really break America this time around, his vocals are much deeper, which is what the US guys wanted back in 2001

• Advertisement

Ah now come on out of the that. The solo alone is epic. And as for the bass intro..... :eek:

Advertisement