Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Irish Hunting Knife

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Yes, Sat 22nd only
    mallards wrote: »
    It has a bar..;)

its getting better all the time...Ill be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭droc

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    What a beautiful family, every time I look at those knives they look better. Really something spectacular.

I think a get together is a great idea, even if I couldn't be there (I live in France you see). Not that I expect to be in the draw, since I only came in for the closing stages, but I would really like to get a closer look at those knives.

DROC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Yes, Sun 23rd only
    Will all who took part in the designing of the knife be in the draw or just those present at the fair, I have planned to go but all depends on the weather, we shall wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    lordarpad wrote: »
    I won't be in country but it sounds like a good plan :)

same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    macadam wrote: »
    Will all who took part in the designing of the knife be in the draw or just those present at the fair, I have planned to go but all depends on the weather, we shall wait and see.
    I imagine its at Davy's discretion.
    Personnaly I think a list should formed from this thread and used as a basis for the raffle.
    Reasoning being, it's not fair if somebody who helped alot can't make it.
    Nor it is fair if somebody who didn't help at all turns up and sticks his name in.

Above all, i'm sure what ever Davy chooses will be fair and transparent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭davymoore

Yes, Sat 22nd only
    Who's in the draw?
    Each person who participates in the design thread is entered into a Raffle. I will draw a name from a hat at the end of the build and the winner will receive the original knife.

davymoore wrote: »
    I said that I would come up with a couple of rules for this competition so here they are.
    1. All normal forum rules apply
    2. Try to enjoy it. At the end of the day it's only a project to try to design a good useable knife. We may fail miserably but let's give it a fair and proper go.
    3. If you are lucky enough to win the knife then it is automatically assumed that you are capable of owning and using it.
    4. By taking part in the competition you agree that I, anyone associated with this competition or any member or affiliate of Boards.ie will not be responsible or held liable for any damage or injury caused while using the knife.
    5. Anyone can take part in the design thread but you MUST be over 18 years of age to win the knife. You will be asked to prove this if you win.
    6. Try to stay on topic
    7. Do not post negative comments about other members ideas or suggestions. They won't help with the build and you will find yourself eliminated from the competition.
    8. Try to keep it real, I have only 2 hands and a limited number of supplies and tools. I will do my best to build a quality knife but I'm not capable of building a light sabre.
    9. Each person who posts a valid post in the thread is automatically entered in the competition. I decide wich posts are valid.
    10. Each valid post constitutes an additional entry. So the more you contribute the more chances you have of winning.
    11. Flooding of posts just to increase your chances of winning will get you eliminated so don't bother (Also see rule 6)
    12. Names of contributors wil be put in a hat at the end of the build and one lucky winner will be drawn. The winner receives the original knife.
    13. There will probably be more rules :D but I hope it's straight forward enough.
    Enjoy youselves

Regards

Davy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    I didn't want to comment on the design part of this thread as I don't really have a use for a knife like this (at least not as much as the guys here could claim) so I've stayed quiet and read with interest as things progressed.

I would just like to thank Davy for involving everyone in what is (to my mind) thread of the year if not the decade on this hunting and shooting forum.

The knives are quite spectacular and the process was fascinating. Thanks Davy for dedicating so much time and effort to this.

And good luck lads with the draw. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭clivej

No

This thread should be made a STICKY

This is too good a thread to slip into the bowls of the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

+1 with clivej. This one HAS to be kept front and center:D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭wicklow newbie

Yes, Sun 23rd only
    + 1 again on that lads.

• Advertisement

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    Yeah, it deserves it

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    I agree, it's a fantastic thread and it would be a shame to lose it

DROC

Yes, Sat 22nd only
    The only thing that should be sticky about this thread is my fingers ...

Wheres the BBQ ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    I think this thread won't be sinking anytime soon anyway, and from what I hear of the publicity it's generated (go on Davy, tell 'em :D ), it's going to be remembered for quite a long time!

Do tell Davy.......

P.S. I've a nice rib-eye steak with your name on it for the BBQ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Yes, Sat 22nd only
    Sparks wrote: »
    I think this thread won't be sinking anytime soon anyway, and from what I hear of the publicity it's generated (go on Davy, tell 'em :D ), it's going to be remembered for quite a long time!
    go on Davey...Dont be shy;);)

Yes, Sat 22nd only
    cant yet

cant yet

Sure we are all like one big family here. Nobody will know;)

Only messing, whatever it is (hopefully good) you have earned it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    Doh. Sorry Davy, didn't realise there was an embargo. Nonetheless, well earned, and when the time's right...

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    Sparks wrote: »

Very curious. If it means something good for Davy (big business, publicity, whatever) then it's well deserved.

It would be even more well deserved though if you would answer my PM Davy :)

Thanks

DROC

• Advertisement

Yes, Sun 23rd only
    Im all set for Birr , have the digs organised with a mate outside tullamore all I need is time off and a bit of good weather :p:p

Yes, Sat 22nd only
    Folks
    Just trying to get an idea of who is heading to Birr this year. What days you wil be there etc. so that I can try to organize the draw for the knife.

Quote this message if you are going to be there, and add your name to the list.

• davymoore - Saturday 22nd - Sunday 23rd

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

To save having to quote the list and add names, I've added a new poll. Your username will be visible to all, so that davy can count you all in.

Yes, Sun 23rd only
    Folks
    Just trying to get an idea of who is heading to Birr this year. What days you wil be there etc. so that I can try to organize the draw for the knife.

Quote this message if you are going to be there, and add your name to the list.

• davymoore - Saturday 22nd - Sunday 23rd

Hi Davy,

planning on getting to Birr on the sat, hope to get a look and good feel of the knives.

Maca

Irl conor your post wasnt up, but I have voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Haven't voted yet, but probably be there on the sunday.

Yes, Sat 22nd only
    IRLConor wrote: »
    To save having to quote the list and add names, I've added a new poll. Your username will be visible to all, so that davy can count you all in.

Good idea thanks Conor

Yes, Sun 23rd only
    Hi Davy,

Still hope that all who contributed are in the draw, as not everyone can make the trip to Birr , hope to meet all you fellow Boardsies and hunters.

Maca

Yes, Sat 22nd only
    One last time
    Each person who participates in the design thread is entered into a Raffle. I will draw a name from a hat at the end of the build and the winner will receive the original knife.

Originally Posted by davymoore viewpost.gif
    I said that I would come up with a couple of rules for this competition so here they are.
    1. All normal forum rules apply
    2. Try to enjoy it. At the end of the day it's only a project to try to design a good useable knife. We may fail miserably but let's give it a fair and proper go.
    3. If you are lucky enough to win the knife then it is automatically assumed that you are capable of owning and using it.
    4. By taking part in the competition you agree that I, anyone associated with this competition or any member or affiliate of Boards.ie will not be responsible or held liable for any damage or injury caused while using the knife.
    5. Anyone can take part in the design thread but you MUST be over 18 years of age to win the knife. You will be asked to prove this if you win.
    6. Try to stay on topic
    7. Do not post negative comments about other members ideas or suggestions. They won't help with the build and you will find yourself eliminated from the competition.
    8. Try to keep it real, I have only 2 hands and a limited number of supplies and tools. I will do my best to build a quality knife but I'm not capable of building a light sabre.
    9. Each person who posts a valid post in the thread is automatically entered in the competition. I decide wich posts are valid.
    10. Each valid post constitutes an additional entry. So the more you contribute the more chances you have of winning.
    11. Flooding of posts just to increase your chances of winning will get you eliminated so don't bother (Also see rule 6)
    12. Names of contributors wil be put in a hat at the end of the build and one lucky winner will be drawn. The winner receives the original knife.
    13. There will probably be more rules biggrin.gif but I hope it's straight forward enough.
    Enjoy youselves

Regards

Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

Yes, Sat 22nd only
    The all-new Irish National Country Fair will be staged at Ballinlough Castle......

Anybody else disappointed with the “all-new Irish National Country Fair”.. as I found me self wondering around looking for anything resembling a Hard Case for my baby, No Hard Case. No Scopes, No Rifles, and the prices, the purpose of going to a “Fair” was always to get a bargain, something cheaper than the shop, not too pay extra for the joy of been pissed on in the middle of a field….
    And yes, I feel much better after that, so I’m looking forward to Birr, hope that some of the traders will read the above.
    Cheers for the info on the new 3yr license very informative.
    Newbeeeeeee.

• Advertisement

Maybe, I don't know yet.
    I wont be able to make tha game fair, i'd love to but 10,000+ miles away at the minute, so its a bit far

Advertisement