Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Xposure on TV3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Elmo wrote: »
    Doesn't veteran usually mean that you have retired. She might have felt a little annoyed at a young wan with no experience calling her a veteran.

I think Anne Doyle should win :)

I don't think so. Maybe when referring to a war veteran then yes. However within the entertainment business I always see it as being called experienced. I would call Meryl Streep a vet in her business as she is a highly experienced and successful actress. That's all I think the girl was saying in regards to Anne Doyle. Perhaps the wrong choice of word but I'm sure she could have been called worse! :p:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I think what Stuart was referring to was just comments online ; on the Total Xposure page forum, on internet forums etc.

If it was any "story" in particular, perhaps it was the rumours all over the press that him and Sharon are an item?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭sporina

i read on the website that stuart apparently had a tip off from someone with regards to the VIP thing - thats all i know..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

sporina wrote: »
    i read on the website that stuart apparently had a tip off from someone with regards to the VIP thing - thats all i know..

Which website?

sporina wrote: »

He said on the show that he knew someone from The Apprentice who told him who was who regarding Irish celebrities?

I doubt that's true - How would a "tip off" have even helped, given the task he had to do?

• Advertisement

Which website?

there is a little comments section near the bottom of the page... its not a forum so there is no feedback... anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sean_17

Anyone care to explain why Anthony is still in, he is terrible, and getting worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

I have twice tried to post coments on Tv-3s' Total X-Posure Feedback yoke. And guess what? Neither of them went in/up.
    Why?
    Perhaps cos they were ever so slightly negative & questioning the stereo-typicality of the male contestants (i.e., how many are gay/bi/confused? wtf is with yer' man with ondly the one ear-ring? Does that mean he bats for both sides? etc.).
    It's censorship. Positive comments. No negative, critical or constructively-critical ones either. Typical softly softly telly.

sean_17 wrote: »
    Anyone care to explain why Anthony is still in, he is terrible, and getting worse!

Said this as soon as I saw him, he's going to have a MASSIVE female fan base.

Girls won't vote for girls, generally, but they'll vote for the eye-candy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

lol what's with the whole plant thing :)

Anthony may have 100 fans on Facebook but he won't win it. I don't mind Anthony but he just can't win it! Stuart has to win. If he doesn't then TV3 are idiots. But then again a lot of TV3s current presenters (not so much Xpose ones) do the crap stuff that the judges tell the Total Xposure contestants NOT to do which is so stupid! It's like you already have presenters on TV3 who do all the wrong things! Grr!

Don't like Daniella, thought she was a bit disrespectful to Anne Doyle. Anne Doyle is a lady! She interviewed her totally the wrong way.

• Advertisement

stuart HAS to win. Otherwise it is a load of crap .He has the perfect demeanour - intelligence, looks etc.. and face it - one had to be good looking - not a model but easy on the eyes.

Daniella is ok but not clever enough - and she tries to cover this up by acting - she is an excellent actress/model - not presenter.

Sean - as with daniella
    Ruth - he accent would drive the nation to vallium bless her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sean_17

I'm feeling that the show is gonna have to change their tune or else they'll end up with Anthony as presenter and the whole show going to the floor. I think Ruth is the best for the job, fits in easily and to be honest Stuart would make anyone want to turn their box off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Said this as soon as I saw him, he's going to have a MASSIVE female fan base.

Girls won't vote for girls, generally, but they'll vote for the eye-candy!
    But he cant even string a sentance together. Its a farce!

You have to laugh at the irony though that he keeps getting saved, how are they going to get rid of him LOL

tinkerbell wrote: »
    lol what's with the whole plant thing :)

Anthony may have 100 fans on Facebook but he won't win it. I don't mind Anthony but he just can't win it! Stuart has to win. If he doesn't then TV3 are idiots. But then again a lot of TV3s current presenters (not so much Xpose ones) do the crap stuff that the judges tell the Total Xposure contestants NOT to do which is so stupid! It's like you already have presenters on TV3 who do all the wrong things! Grr!

Don't like Daniella, thought she was a bit disrespectful to Anne Doyle. Anne Doyle is a lady! She interviewed her totally the wrong way.

I was just thinking that sporina was working for TV3 hence all the very obvious questions to get people talking about this show.

As for the Xpose presenters I only think 2 of them are good, Karen Coster and Lisa Cannon. Aisling should return to the news, she makes an awful ass of herself. Glenda kind of suits the show.

But the show going out 5 days a week and being the only Irish production on during prime time is a bit of a joke. As I have said before they could change it around some weeks with one episode of Xpose during the autumn and winter months. e.g. Make over show with Karen Koster, DIY show or House Make over show with Lisa Cannon, A small Friday night chat show with Glenda, Cookery with Aisling and a Game Show with Martin King. (Ideally you would have ideas on how to make these shows work) with Xpose running one night a week each Sunday or Saturday. And then during the summer months go back to Xpose 5 nights. Seriously and no offence to the fans of Xpose but 5 nights a week is far to much and doesn't push the presenters to do other types of presenting.

I'm feeling that the show is gonna have to change their tune or else they'll end up with Anthony as presenter and the whole show going to the floor. I think Ruth is the best for the job, fits in easily and to be honest Stuart would make anyone want to turn their box off.

If Antony has the public vote then he should win, you can't change the rules half way through the game. None of these people will improve this show no offence to the people on Total Exposure.

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Anthony may have 100 fans on Facebook but he won't win it. I don't mind Anthony but he just can't win it! Stuart has to win. If he doesn't then TV3 are idiots.

See, that's the problem - it's a TV3 production, being aired on TV3, but the voting and who wins has nothing to do with them! Anthony is still in the competition because people are voting to save him.

Obviously, we can assume he's VERY popular - he's beaten off four other contestants, two of whom (Michael and Sharon) had been tipped to win by the press and bookies.

I guess it's true that people do like the underdogs!

I think next Tuesday's episode will be very interesting. My thinking is that the other five remaining contestants will start to either fear or loathe Anthony - maybe both!
    Fear, because he's obviously big competition, as the public like him and loathing because of the popularity and the vast amount of press he's getting.

If that happens, I think it could potentially push Anthony into his element! Might see a new side to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

As for the Xpose presenters I only think 2 of them are good, Karen Coster and Lisa Cannon. Aisling should return to the news, she makes an awful ass of herself. Glenda kind of suits the show.

I totally agree! My fav would be Lisa Cannon first, then Karen Coster. I don't mind Glenda too much but she's a bit "me me me". Not a fan of Aisling at all. Or Lorraine Keane when she was on it. And oh dear, Sybil Mulcahy ... now there's someone who's way more suited to the new morning show on TV3 rather than Xpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Christ, Ive just caught a few minutes of this show. The contestants are quite possible some of the vilest people in the country, only surpassed by the so called celebs there interviewing. Ive just seen the gay wheatherman from Ireland AM, compare himself to a major film star and a press launch for some rag of a magazine on Baggot St, to a major film premeire in Times Square or London.

Christ on a bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 panna69

well rumour has it that according to a friend of a friend who works on the show that ALLL the contestants except for One certain v tall blonde buy who the judges have taken an aversion to knew that about the red carpet VIP task and had at least a week before to prepare questions and research who was coming to it...I HATE CHEATERS and while I dont think the other contestant is the best at the moment I will now be voting for him due to the un fairness shown towards the task... I think this is what Mikey was talking about on Expose aftermath show wonder,Stuart did seem to know alot about Amanda Brunker despite claiming through the task hes from the North and didnt know any celbs down here yet he knew the name of her next book off the top of his head lets see if it will come out on this week show.:eek::eek:

well rumour has it that according to a friend of a friend who works on the show that ALLL the contestants except for One certain v tall blonde buy who the judges have taken an aversion to knew that about the red carpet VIP task and had at least a week before to prepare questions and research who was coming to it...I HATE CHEATERS and while I dont think the other contestant is the best at the moment I will now be voting for him due to the un fairness shown towards the task... I think this is what Mikey was talking about on Expose aftermath show wonder,Stuart did seem to know alot about Amanda Brunker despite claiming through the task hes from the North and didnt know any celbs down here yet he knew the name of her next book off the top of his head lets see if it will come out on this week show.:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Apparently judge Emma Ledden wants the Xpose presenter job herself

• Advertisement

it would actually be hilarious if at the last show...Emma stood up and went sorry actually your all S**T so Im the new presenter wa ha ha....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Not exactly similar but didn't Ulrika Jonsson present a show a few years back about trying to find the perfect woman for some bloke? By the time the show was over she had shacked up with the bloke so I wouldn't entirely rule out TV3 just turning around and say "Hey, you're all **** so we're giving the job to Emma." :pac: I don't even know why Emma is on the panel as I'd say she's desperate for a presenting job herself. :p

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Not exactly similar but didn't Ulrika Jonsson present a show a few years back about trying to find the perfect woman for some bloke? By the time the show was over she had shacked up with the bloke so I wouldn't entirely rule out TV3 just turning around and say "Hey, you're all **** so we're giving the job to Emma." :pac: I don't even know why Emma is on the panel as I'd say she's desperate for a presenting job herself. :p

Did you see Emma Ledden presenting The Afternoon Show on RTÉ with Ian Dempsey?

Car crash television, I think she said **** and **** a few times :D

If anyone has a clip I would love to see all the mistakes she made on that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭radharc05

from www.iftn.ie

I don't think professionals should be allowed enter this competition it kind of goes against the idea of Reality TV.

Well in REALITY professionals CAN and DO enter these competitions
    therefore making it reality!:P

sean_17 wrote: »

Absolute twaddle.
    Stuart..He's the most charismatic charachter there.
    If he does'nt get it
    I'll never tune in again
    I could'nt bear to watch that Ruth one 'loike'
    Stuart all the way...........:D

radharc05 wrote: »
    Well in REALITY professionals CAN and DO enter these competitions
    therefore making it reality!:P

I suppose but then all of these competitions should have professionals only applying, and showing us how professionals have to work there way in the industry.

And since this is Xpose and not the search for Ireland's next Gay Byrne or Ireland's Parkinson, then the contestants should have no professional background what so ever this should be a stepping stone for future work for amateurs starting out.

All of the presenters of Xpose really should look at it as a stepping stone for their careers into other types of presenting roles. This is what these types of shows are for, e.g. Ryan Secrest, Dermot O'Leary, Divina McCaul etc etc.

panna69 wrote: »

Noooooooooooo he did'nt.
    I'll tell you why -
    (a) If he had known he would'nt have had to ask Michelle Heatons boyfriend who she was.
    (b) The name of her book did'nt flow off his tongue, listen to the interview again.
    (c)How on earth could he research every single one of the people that were POSSIBLY going to attend?

Remember last week the contestants were told not to believe everything they were told or read in the media.. You've got your information handed down in the same way. DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR!!:D

Excellent, twould be fair funny alright!

Totally agree
    'Stuart' HAS to win it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Fairly vile group of people on this show (including the judges).

Advertisement