Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Xposure on TV3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sizzler wrote: »
    Where did they resurrect Emma Ledden from :confused: Since when is she an expert in TV presenting? She did a 5 min slot on the den back in the 90's and introduced music vid's on MTV. Has been in the wilderness since, lets be honest.

Dont get me started on the other 2 gimps? The bald aul fella looks like his teeth are about to pop out at any moment and the other lad keeps chewing and pouting :eek: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

lol yeah, I imagine she would jump at the job herself if it was offered. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sizzler wrote: »
    VIP? FFS. Nuff said. Absolute thrash. Which one owns that, the lad with no teeth who keeps gurning or Mr.Pouter :rolleyes:

The D4 wanna be will win this by virtue of the above.

TV Now...FFS....and hes on a judging panel to select a TV presenter, christ.

TVNow and VIP are the xpose of the magazine world, who better to find a new presenter? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Folks, can I ask why they asked Stuart how he's coping with all the negative press? HUH?!! Am I watching the same show here? He's the best one of them all! He's been my fav from the start, the others just pale in comparison. I can't believe he's supposed to be the most hated contestant, that's just impossible!

Stuart to win! If he doesn't, I'm gonna be disgusted! The others are nowhere near as good as him.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Folks, can I ask why they asked Stuart how he's coping with all the negative press? HUH?!! Am I watching the same show here? He's the best one of them all! He's been my fav from the start, the others just pale in comparison. I can't believe he's supposed to be the most hated contestant, that's just impossible!

Stuart to win! If he doesn't, I'm gonna be disgusted! The others are nowhere near as good as him.
    I think it's because he has had a lot of bad press and comments on the RTE website. I agree with you, he is by far the best...but there is a very fine line between being the best and being an annoying pr!ck, a line he obviously crosses in some peoples mind.

This happens a lot on reality shows....its like Rhydian from Xfactor 07 or 08 not sure which one, he was by far the best but lots of people (myself included) detested him! I think it's because shows like this are all about the underdog....most people like to see someone start off ****, get torn to shreads, then built up and win the show....like that guy who's been up for eviction 3 times! I think it makes people feel better about themselves...a sense of hope I suppose!

Basically I find this whole expose thing ****! I dont even watch the fuKin show yet I'm irresistably drawn to this 60 minutes of skin crawling tripe every week! It official, I'm a car crash tv junkie!

^^ I haven't seen this bad press at all!? I hope he doesn't take any notice of it. I don't think he's annoying either, I think he's the best contestant and isn't an idiot like some of the rest.

Oh and Rhydian was my fav on X Factor - Leon won that year and was so useless that he was dropped from his record label shortly after. Rhydian is still doing well for himself :D

As for the guy who's been up for public vote three times, I think there are people who could've been up instead this week, I thought 3 out of Ruth, Daniella, Simon and Sharon should've been up. Michael gets so nervous, he needs to cop onto himself! Anne Doyle was so nice to him though, trying to calm him down a bit on the red carpet.

Speaking of which, Daniella interviewing Anne Doyle ... oh dear lord, how terrible. She asked her does she have style and Anne Doyle has won most stylish lady like!! Know your interviewees like *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

Elmo wrote: »
    At least you didn't say I was "so" wrong.

You know the whole world doesn't revolve around make-up, hair and celeb gossip.

:eek: What??? No one ever told me that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Roro4Brit

I have to say I think Michael is the most annoying out of the lot! Come on the state of him tonght...as if he is going to be any better in 4 weeks time! I hope that Sean wins to be honest, he is the most genuine out of the lot! I think that Michael and Ruth think that fake tan and a good bone structure is a passport to a career in TV....their just missing the one ingredient that matters most...talent (which I think Sean has plenty of).

I'm sorry but I know Stuart is the strongest technically, but I just don't want him to win...I think if he became a media personality I would very much hate him! He is already walkin the fence in my mind between tolerable/annoying as hell!

If not Sean then that tall girl with the short black hair! I think she is very pretty, good style, very easy on the eye and a bit different from all the rest...in fact I'd much rather see her natural beauty on TV than those so called "irish models" like glenda gilsen and nadia ford...but I think thats a topic for another forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    lol yeah, I imagine she would jump at the job herself if it was offered. :pac:
    LOL! And she probably wouldnt even get the gig at the end of it :D She keeps nodding for no apparent reason and looks a bit stoned :eek:

Total crash TV. Without ripping people to shreds on here as I dont think its really fair to them as Ireland is a fairly small place and they probably cant help themselves looking online, all I can say is I think Daniella is great and hopefully she puts this week behind her. Ruth is too much like what they have and the best guy is the Northern Ireland chap by a mile. They could have easily let 5 people go this week. Awful stuff really.

Im waiting for the aul fellas teeth to pop out onto the desk, sorry mate but you might have got a photo taken with Brad Pitt years ago but thats as far as it goes. Dreadful stuff altogether. They should actually reverse the tables and make the judges go through this process as they are no better. Gratuitous bit of PR for the VIP Z Lister people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Watched this for the first time earlier. Don't see what the problem is with Stuart, thought he was the best of them. Felt a bit sorry for him when he started to well up. I reckon Ruth will most likely win it. She looks very TV3!

Daniella mentioned reading stuff on boards.ie on tonight's episode! So maybe they are reading our comments.

If they are - STUART TO WIN!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jetexas

I think Stuart is great, always comes across as very professional and natural, if he's nervous he hides it well. Don't know what Emma was talking about on tonights show about him being affected about bad comments.

Daniella, I like, I think Anne Doyle was very tough on her tonight!

Michael could be great, but just needs to tackle the nerves, don't think he's ready for this gig just yet, but with more practise and experience he'll get there.

Ruth is very confident and bubbly on camera, I think she comes across quite well, just needs to tone down the accent a bit as its really starting to grate on viewers it seems!

Anthony, personally, am not mad about, he needs to tone down the facial expressions (the 'smouldering' look he semes to have a lot) and needs to stop coming across as a ladies man - you're there to chat to the interviewees not chat them up!

Both Simon and Sean are good, you can tell they have plenty of experience behind them.

And finally, Sharon, there's something about her I like, she comes across as very warm and easy to chat to, hope she stays this week.

But seeing as how the voting has been going I would say Sharon and Michael will go this week :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

i watched this tonight sweet jesus is this ireland 2009??fake fake people,product of celtic ireland.Celeb news is just fun not real life the guy on tv3 on ireland am is a good style for celeb gossip camp and fun

jetexas, yes I agree Ruth needs to tone it down, but MAJORLY tone it down. She's just another D4 head, Glenda is already on Xpose and I think having both her and Ruth would be too much. Now that said, I don't mind Glenda but she's not amazing either but I defo prefer her to Ruth.

Oh and Ruth turning on the waterworks last night really annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

ben bedlam wrote: »
    was flicking through the tv last night, only to unfortunately see that TV3 devoted 2 hours of prime time tv to finding a pointless presenter for a pointless, pathetic, irrelevant tea-time show. the way they advertise it too makes it seem like the xfactor. who the hell do these people think they are?

I tuned into it too last night and I couldn’t believe that they had made such a big deal over such a small show…..:eek:

The way the panel were going on, as if these guys were going to be brain surgeons, making life and death decisions, I mean that bint in the middle… and your man who was so nasty to the contestants. They were so up their own arses. The concept has been done so many times…. You’d swear they were the first three gob ****es to sit behind a desk (Panel) and rip the crap out of vulnerable people in the name of entertainment.

Easy come easy go! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

amdublin wrote: »
    So bad, you'd think it was an RTE production.

You think TV3 are usually better than RTÉ? LOL

Coming up next on Exposé.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

LOAD A MUCK!!
    Shallow, fake and phonie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 annabellxx

I think Stuart is by far the most talented out of the 8 that are left. He is funny, professional. has a great personality and is at ease in front of the camera. He leaves all the other guys in the shade.

I like Daniella alot, she comes across as down to earth and genuine with no airs and graces. I think her nerves get to her a bit at times. She is my favourite of the girls and is a refreshing depature from the tango tanned airhead D4 type. She seems like an intelligent girl, articulate and i would enjoy watching her on expose if she were to win the show.

I also like sharon, she is very bubbly and i think she would fit in with the other presenters perfectly.
    I feel Ruth does herself no favours with the way she comes across. She needs to tone down the accent and the airs and graces. I'm sure she's a nice girl but she comes across sometimes as ditzy and immature. She lacks stability and a sense of professionalism. I feel she would alienate alot of expose viewers who could not relate to her somewhat childish over the top demeanor.

Stuart or Daniella is my vote.

Michael...........worst. Presenter. Ever.

The other guy who couldn't get a word out, tough situation I know but still, that cannot be happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'm in shock over the results!

I can't believe Sharon and Michael went - both of them were hotly tipped to win, at one point or another!

Anthony must have a massive fan base! He's a lovely guy, but something just seems to be be going wrong for him in the challenges!

I think Stuart and Sean are definitely the most polished, so far.

I can see Ruth making the final but she definitely does need to tone it down slightly!

Don't dislike any of them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

If something conspires against her and she doesn't win, Daniella has the potential to go on and be more successful than any of the current Xpose presetners.

I still reckon she'll win it though (well, I hope so, I've got 75 notes on her to do the business ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

God how harsh was Anne Doyle to her the other night?!! What a biatch!

Stuart seems the best but Daniella is the one I think should win it. I can't see anyone else winning it really. Would be surprised if they did. The only one that I really dislike is Simon, very unlikeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭sporina

hi, i was watching the show tue nite and I didn'y know any comments were made about Stuart. I have looked on the website and on the comments page there is something about a tip off? Does any one know what this is about? What was the tip off he is meant to have got?

when are the results shown?

sporina wrote: »
    when are the results shown?

In ways I think you are a plant :D I have become quite distrusting of people with one or two post. I should really welcome you to boards but I am watching you :D I don't like plants. I am becoming more and more paranoid if only other boardsters hadn't pointed out the plants to me I wouldn't be so fecking paranoid

Anyway in answer to your question (But I think you know the answer :) )

Results are announced on Xpose every Wednesday.

Welcome to boards. :)

Clare Bear wrote: »
    God how harsh was Anne Doyle to her the other night?!! What a biatch!

Stuart seems the best but Daniella is the one I think should win it. I can't see anyone else winning it really. Would be surprised if they did. The only one that I really dislike is Simon, very unlikeable.

Yeah, even though it was good car crash TV, I felt that Anne Doyle did overreact. I don't see anything wrong with being called a veteran, and I think Doyle proceeded to go out of her way from there to intimidate the girl.

Plus that comment at the end, "keep on shovelling", what a ****! :eek:

I can't believe Anthony's still in it!

Fair play to the guy! I was on facebook last night, and found a fan club for him! has over 100 members of people rooting for him to win the show!

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Yeah, even though it was good car crash TV, I felt that Anne Doyle did overreact. I don't see anything wrong with being called a veteran, and I think Doyle proceeded to go out of her way from there to intimidate the girl.

Plus that comment at the end, "keep on shovelling", what a ****! :eek:

Doesn't veteran usually mean that you have retired. She might have felt a little annoyed at a young wan with no experience calling her a veteran.

I think Anne Doyle should win :)

In ways I think you are a plant :D I have become quite distrusting of people with one or two post. I should really welcome you to boards but I am watching you :D I don't like plants. I am becoming more and more paranoid if only other boardsters hadn't pointed out the plants to me I wouldn't be so fecking paranoid

Anyway in answer to your question (But I think you know the answer :) )

Results are announced on Xpose every Wednesday.

Welcome to boards. :)

thanks - anyone know about the stuart story?

I think Anne Doyle should win :)

Haha! :D

I didn't like her on it at all - she seemed really cold, unemotional and just monotone.
    Kinda creeped me out!

I was laughing on Tuesday night, imagining if at the end, they gave the job to Emma Ledden!

• Advertisement

sporina wrote: »
    thanks - anyone know about the stuart story?

Your welcome, I now think that you are making up stories about Stuart. Either you know him or you work for him. I am watching you! :cool:

I don't actually know what the story is about stuart, someone mentioned something on here and didn't back it up.

Firstly if you are going to mention something you should explain what that something is and then you should give a link to the newspaper you got it from.

Advertisement