Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Xposure on TV3

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Just watching the Wannabes show, some of the reels are grand but there some god awful ones in there too...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The voice over guy was really over doing it, was it you pikachucheeks :D

I thought the two male judges where ****.

Overall not quite as bad as the initial show, but a very simple reality show all the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh my god, have you ever seen such rubbish in your whole life.

I got the last 15 mins - the elimination. Looked like a really really bad copy of America's Next Top Model.

So bad, you'd think it was an RTE production.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

Completely rubbish program, would have expected it really from TV3.

It's obviously rigged aswell so that the model girl (who they happen to all know already) gets it's, making the whole program a sham in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Elmo wrote: »
    The voice over guy was really over doing it, was it you pikachucheeks :D

Haha, wasn't me, I'm afraid! Guy called Dylan Tighe did it. Thought the show was nicely presented and well put together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I won... Glenda -can't wait to meet ya!

I won... Glenda -can't wait to meet ya!

:p

Didn't happen to bump into her in that photoshoot you guys did together, no!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

I'd say the short black haired girl Daniella will win it

Yeah - either her or one of the guys! The males seem to be very strong.

It's up online, if anyone missed it ;

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=totalxposure

Completely rubbish program, would have expected it really from TV3.

It's obviously rigged aswell so that the model girl (who they happen to all know already) gets it's, making the whole program a sham in the first place.

... Which one? There's two models in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

what's it about??

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

One of the lads is familiar for some reason. The blackish fella. What else was he on?

Kazooie wrote: »
    One of the lads is familiar for some reason. The blackish fella. What else was he on?

Take Six. while one of the girls that they removed presents The Reel Picture Show on City Channel.

Can the mods put this into the reality section their are two threads there for the show, but don't put it into week 1 thread. Since this contains criticisms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭iseegirls

How do you make that out? :confused::confused:
    Are you some sort of psyhic that you actually can see the winner even though the public vote for their own presenter?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

iseegirls wrote: »
    How do you make that out? :confused::confused:
    Are you some sort of psyhic that you actually can see the winner even though the public vote for their own presenter?

Is it the public that votes for the winner?? If so I'll take it back.

The model girl that I was talkin about is Ruth, if it's not the public voting, then she's a shoe in. Friends with Glenda Gilson already, now there's pull if ever I heard it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

was flicking through the tv last night, only to unfortunately see that TV3 devoted 2 hours of prime time tv to finding a pointless presenter for a pointless, pathetic, irrelevant tea-time show. the way they advertise it too makes it seem like the xfactor. who the hell do these people think they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I thought it was supposed to be a menber of the public, not "people already working in telelvision please come audition"?

I liked that take six guy though, that was quite a good little show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Clolo

Yeah i think the darked haired girl will get it too - She came across very well. I never heard back from them but sure what can ya do! Wasn't on the Wannabes either...thank god!

The judges seemed very shallow alright. Wouldn't encourage ya to tune in!

This show is just terrible but it suffers from the same problems of many of the similar formated Reality shows currently on the air:-

1. The first 15 mins taken up with around up of the last episode
    2. The second 15 mins taken up explaining what they are doing with interviews from several different people
    3. The third 15 mins taken up with running round with the team/contestants
    4. The final 15 mins taken up with the judges telling the how good/bad they all are

To top this all of the Judge Micheal (VIP, TVNow) is really annoying beyond annoying, and he also remains me of the wine guy from Ireland AM :(

Oh and the voice over while good is a bit over exaggerated.

Discuss week 2 >>>>> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055614755

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Absolutely dreadful programme. The judge with the tiny mouth is trying desperately to be Simon Cowell, and the contestants are mostly incredibly irritating, especially Ruth "I'm a model me" O'Neill and the lad that looks like a fat Stephen Gately. Whoever "wins", they're welcome to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

keano_afc wrote: »
    Absolutely dreadful programme. The judge with the tiny mouth is trying desperately to be Simon Cowell, and the contestants are mostly incredibly irritating, especially Ruth "I'm a model me" O'Neill and the lad that looks like a fat Stephen Gately. Whoever "wins", they're welcome to it.
    He totally looks like Stephen Gately!

I thought it was hilarious when that judge with the tiny mouth (I can't stand him, he is so annoying, aargh!!!) said that Ruth O'Neill said she wasn't D4 ... err hello? She was all "Ohhh MY gawwwwwd". I hope she doesn't win it.

I think that guy Stuart is good!

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I thought it was hilarious when that judge with the tiny mouth (I can't stand him, he is so annoying, aargh!!!) said that Ruth O'Neill said she wasn't D4 ... err hello? She was all "Ohhh MY gawwwwwd". I hope she doesn't win it.

What also annoied me about it was that he was suggesting that he wasn't D4, and that some how Xpose has a wider audience outside of D4. Sorry but the audience are D4 wannabies. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

What also annoied me about it was that he was suggesting that he wasn't D4, and that some how Xpose has a wider audience outside of D4. Sorry but the audience are D4 wannabies. :rolleyes:
    You are very wrong Elmo! I for one am NOT a D4 wannabie and I watch Xpose all the time. The whole world does not revolve around D4 you know! But Ruth O Neill is the definition of D4.

tinkerbell wrote: »
    You are very wrong Elmo! I for one am NOT a D4 wannabie and I watch Xpose all the time. The whole world does not revolve around D4 you know! But Ruth O Neill is the definition of D4.

At least you didn't say I was "so" wrong.

It certainly isn't aimed at men or "older" women. The demographic is very much set at the 15 to 35 year old woman, I am sure some older women watch the show and some men watch the show, but there will always be people that break that rule.

The show isn't wonderful in anyway, and the prize isn't something that they should think is about a "wider" audience when really it isn't, it is specifically about a certain demographic of women. Weather or not that demographic is epitomized in the use of the term "D4".

My point being that the show isn't as wide as Judge Micheal suggests. IMO He was the pot calling the kettle black, when he referred to Ruth as "D4" when he is probably from "D4" himself, but then perhaps he is from "Castleknock".

You know the whole world doesn't revolve around make-up, hair and celeb gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ronintuohy

According to their website "TV3's aim is to tap the qualities of community pride, independence, creative talent, humor.....

I nearly fell off my seat laughing at this supposed prime time tv show Total Xposure. Then I nearly got sick.

Honestly do they take us the viewing public to be enamoued of such low-brow programming that caters to nobody except those creating/presenting it. How much fun they must have slapping each other on the back while swilling sparkling wine in Renard's on those foolish enough to ring in a premium phone number to cast a vote.

The show was a time vampire and I want that hour/eternity back.

Since I am still watching this I just wanted to give a review, it is just an honest opinion.

I think that the photo shot was a good idea but should have be left to the end with the final 4 contestants perhaps the second last show.

They should not have had 2 tasks as the 2nd task was pretty sh1t. Here is a prop now talk about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The improvising was embarassing. I know it's hard to think on your feet but christ, it was cringeworthy stuff. Especially the one who got the football, I instantly thought of just make something up about Beckham or Joey Barton, but she turns it into something about Jordan.

The other guy who rambled about three different things (the guy who was up to the vote), awful too. Though the guy who got the washing powder is not my cup of tea, he did do very well. The guy who was previously on RTE is okay too.

One of those judges is an absolute wanker, I didn't catch his name. I'm sick of these tools like this guy and Brendan O'Connor who try to be like Simon Cowell as they totally miss the point of being a "Mr.Nasty". Cowell has a bit of warmth, you know he's just playing a role. But these guys are totally unlikable pricks. The worst thing about it all is this dick off Total Exposure seems to have a soft spot for the stereotypical D4 head.

Oh and what was up with that photoshoot? It was hilarious, it was like something out of Zoolander.

Disaster of a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Where did they resurrect Emma Ledden from :confused: Since when is she an expert in TV presenting? She did a 5 min slot on the den back in the 90's and introduced music vid's on MTV. Has been in the wilderness since, lets be honest.

Dont get me started on the other 2 gimps? The bald aul fella looks like his teeth are about to pop out at any moment and the other lad keeps chewing and pouting :eek: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Sizzler wrote: »
    Where did they resurrect Emma Ledden from :confused: Since when is she an expert in TV presenting? She did a 5 min slot on the den back in the 90's and introduced music vid's on MTV. Has been in the wilderness since, lets be honest.

Dont get me started on the other 2 gimps? The bald aul fella looks like his teeth are about to pop out at any moment and the other lad keeps chewing and pouting :eek: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

She presented The Den too :) . One of them owns VIP and TV Now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

She presented The Den too :) . One of them owns VIP and TV Now.
    VIP? FFS. Nuff said. Absolute thrash. Which one owns that, the lad with no teeth who keeps gurning or Mr.Pouter :rolleyes:

The D4 wanna be will win this by virtue of the above.

TV Now...FFS....and hes on a judging panel to select a TV presenter, christ.

Advertisement