Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Well lads, just wondering if anyone is looking for another player? I used to love having a kick around but since moving to Dublin hardly get to do it at all. I'm a decent keeper, or used to be :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi Lads.
    Phoenix Rovers based in lanesborough park Finglas are always looking for players for saturday/sunday and the new recently added over 35 team.We play Aul and Afl for next season.Check out our impressive website www.phoenixroversfc.com for all the latest club news results and fixtures you will also find contact details.We will not be breaking for a summer break and will continue to meet once a week in the off season so looking forward to hearing from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pablolynch

Hi, we have been playing 6 a side every tuesday and thursday in Clondalkin from 8 to 9 for a number of years now and are looking to increase our numbers by 1 or 2 players.

Friendly game but competitive. Decent standard of football. If interested, please email me pablolynch@yahoo.com.

Please only reply if interested in playing regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭conorlechance

hi on this site is there any ever get togethers for matches. would be good during summer months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ultramegabones

Hey anyone interested in a weekly game of ball on the astro pitches in Rathcoole? I've a group 5-6 21 yr old local lads looking for a weekly friendly but competitive game. We just need another group of 5-6 people to make up the numbers. Any takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pc2009

Hi, looking for players to play a weekly game for Mens 6 Aside soccer in Cork. We plan to play every Monday in Supernova Ballincollig. Looking for around 4-6 players as we have a good few players already.

PM me if interested with email/mobile. It's a competitive but friendly kickabout!

Cheers

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

hi all,

i'm looking to get back into football. i missed most of the current season through injury but getting itchy feet now.

i was at the time playing major sunday in the lsl. my position is goalkeeper

if anyone is looking for a keeper for the coming season then pm me and ket me know more about the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Hows it going lads,

Looking to get back into playing football. Used to manage and play for my local team about 6 years ago. I'm under no illusion that I am as unfit as a broken fiddle and just really looking to get a team that will allow me to come training with them and then eventually when the fitness gets back perhaps get a game.

As I said, I used to be handy but the beer and the womanising has left me shattered!! :p

I'm based in Dublin so if you think you can help me out, give me a shout.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Padman

Hey guys.

I used to play football a few years back and want to get back into it.Looking for a south Dublin team to play with.Also I saw a post about an astro tournament in lepeordstown.I wanna have a go at it to try get back into it but cant find the thread.Anyone here know about it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Hi Lads.
    Phoenix Rovers based in lanesborough park Finglas are always looking for players for saturday/sunday and the new recently added over 35 team.We play Aul and Afl for next season.Check out our impressive website www.phoenixroversfc.com for all the latest club news results and fixtures you will also find contact details.We will not be breaking for a summer break and will continue to meet once a week in the off season so looking forward to hearing from you.

Are you still looking for players? I live accross the road in Hampton Wood and looking to get playing again after a few years out with injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Sticking this up for a friend..

"Current Goal Keeper is going travelling next week - we need someone to replace him - entry fee is covered - all you need to do is tog out on thursdays at 8pm in DCU, Glasnevin. Standard of football is reasonable - so keepers are well worked. Surface is rubber-type astro turf. If interested drop me an email..."

Willing to pay €20 a game also :eek:, PM me and I'll send on the email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

5rr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Hi lads.
    Any over 35 lads out there looking to get the last bit out of the legs.Phoenix Rovers fc are looking for players for their new over 35 team.We will be playing sundays in the Amateur football league.Anyone interested can find more info on www.phoenixroversfc.com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Hey anyone interested in a weekly game of ball on the astro pitches in Rathcoole? I've a group 5-6 21 yr old local lads looking for a weekly friendly but competitive game. We just need another group of 5-6 people to make up the numbers. Any takers?

I'd be interested if not only to get fit-er. Wouldnt way I'm up to scratch with most but if you need the numbers and are still looking let me know. Just one thing I'm from saggart where exactly are the astro pitches in Rathcoole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 evan barker

hi we are an Division 2 Sunday amatuer league team based in the AUL we have great facilities and have high ambitions for this season. Any players intrested in joining give me a buzz especialy any goalkeepers intrested in joining or changing teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cunnifg2

A friend and I are interested in playing soccer in Dublin. We are of a reasonable social standard and I was just wondering did anyone have a contact for a club in the Clontarf/Northside Dublin area? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭McCruiskeen

Hi Evan

Where about's is your team based and what evenings do you train?

Hi sorry for only getting back to yoy now if you want to call me you can get me on <snip, number removed>.We are based in the AUL itself which is just east of the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭realmadrid

Yep Ill play when and where do I go?

hi we are an Division 2 Sunday amatuer league team based in the AUL we have great facilities and have high ambitions for this season.If you are intrested in joining give me a buzz on <snip, number removed>

• Advertisement

Give me a ring if your intrested <snip, number removed>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stop spamming this forum.

I'm removing your phone number, as we don't allow that.

People can PM you.

why dont you allow that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Do you really want to end up getting phone calls at 4AM from every weirdo who reads this forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Or if someone decides for the craic to sign you up to every gay chat, jamster like ringtone scam thing they can find.

Plus, its in the rules.

Fair enough was going to get cheeky with use both but looks like u did me a favour

Fair enough was going to get cheeky with use both but looks like u did me a favour

As a matter of good practice, don't ever post your phone number or e-mail or any contact details on a publicly accessible forum - you're leaving yourself open to all sorts of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Merrion

Conwell Rovers (UCFL Division 3) are looking for players for Saturday 11-a-side team.

Training Tuesday nights in Pheonix parks initially 6.30pm - military road (across from the zoo main entrance). PM me if you want further details.

Looking for players and specifically a 'keeper for our Saturday side, play in UCFL, Div 3B, new team, only second season in existence, Allenton United.

Goalkeeper with experience, and reliability essential.

We are a decent side for a start up, reaching the Shield Final last season, looking for promotion this year, and decent runs in the cups & shield also.

We are well organised, with decent sponsorship, and training equipment etc

We are now based in Nutgrove, just opposite Nutgrove Shopping centre.

PM me if interested.

www.allentonunited.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Hardbreaks

Heyas,

Am in process of registering a team for the 11 a side social astro league.
    We will be playing on either a Wednesday or Thursday in Rathfarnham/Dundrum.

We're looking for a sold centre back preferably with a bit of height for the season. We're playing on Mondays and Thursdays at the moment, anyone who might be intersted send me a message and will organise for ya to come for a kickabout.

Also be interested to hear from any full backs who might be interested,

cheers,
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 connie2

hey,

I m moving to dublin next month and am looking for a club that would be playing a fairly high standard around the city centre direction??? any suggestions???

... and can someone tell me when the typical season starts and finishes in dublin???

cheers

Hi connie season normally starts August till May,we are a division 2a Aul Side with great facilities , great history we were relagated 2 years ago but have assembled a very strong team this year to win trophies we came 4th last season and lost on penalties in a cup final. We are based on the northside in coolock 15 mins from city centre.We train twice a week tues and thurs and play matches on a sunday.Pm me if you intrested dont mind the rest of the people who respond to your add with offers of a place on the pitch straight away as these will be most likley unfit pub teams with no ambition for the game.Preseason training has started already but we would never turn away an intrested player.

connie2 wrote: »
    hey,

I m moving to dublin next month and am looking for a club that would be playing a fairly high standard around the city centre direction??? any suggestions???

... and can someone tell me when the typical season starts and finishes in dublin???

cheers

Hi Connie, what position do you play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 god like genius

Hi there,

My team is currently looking for a new goal keeper who can commit to playing every saturday afternoon and train 1-2 times per week.

We play in division 3A of the UCFL in Dublin. We are based in Balinteer but have players coming from all parts of the city to play.

While we do play at the lower end of the league, we are only in our 3rd year and gained promotion last year. We have a strong side & are building a team to try jump up a few divisions next season.

If interested just send me a pm and i will get back with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Strand United are looking for new players of all standards. 3 teams. 1st in Premier Division of UCFL, 2nds in Division 1 and 3rd's in Division 3A. One of the longest established clubs in Dublin. Excellent facilities including private pitch and full training facilities at Mount Temple school, Clontarf (only 2 miles from city centre) Coach with full coaching badges. Pm if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 M_ountdaisy

..Hey there

our name is HBFC Ath Cliath, we are a celtic supporters team based in wesley college, Balinteer and we are looking for new players for the coming season.

we play in the UCFL div 3B..

if anyone is intrested pm and i'll pass on more details

I would be interested in playin, are ye a saturday team or a sunday team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Hagi1513

Any teams in the stillorgan/mount merrion/booterstown area looking for players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 M_ountdaisy

Im looking for a club on the south side of th city. Anywhere is fine. Would prefer to play on a saturday team due to work committments on Sundays. Living in the Kimmage area but dont't mind travelling a bit.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ROCKYCASH

Im just after moving to kinnegad and im wondering if anyone knows any clubs nearby to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Keeper wanted for UCFL team, Chapelizod F.C. asap. Train in Ballyfermot on a Thursday, matches on Saturday. Any age or ability level, guaranteed game time. Contact me by PM.

LR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mcfc

hi im looking to get back into football. havent played in awhile as i work shift. i now have every sunday off and can commit to training 4 out of every 5 weeks. 2-10 shift is the killer. would appreciate any response. i am in the west dublin/meath area. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MGKO

Hi all

We run a club out of Balbriggan, Chapel Gate FC. We are made up from lads from an estate in Balbriggan. We have been accepted into the the league for the 2010/2011 season, and are looking for games till then. Most of our players have played for the 3 Balbriggan clubs, and some have had played/ had trials with Eircom League and English teams. We are willing to travel anywhere within reason and can host games either. We recently beat Stamullen FC 7-2. We are looking for friendlys against teams in a simular situation to us or just a group of lads looking for a game, nothing major, just a bit of craic. PM me if interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Hi, im looking for an adult club reasonably near the Lucan area(have car will travel) for saturday games and trains during the week. Preferably a team with a 1st 2nd possibly 3rd team so i can find my level at the club. Played last year Div 1 UCFL however im looking for a team closer to home for this season. I felt comfortable at that level and that I could perform maybe a few leagues higher. Only starting soccer now as i was committed to a GAA team which has only recently finished up. Any advice on a team suitable would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Need 2-3 players tonight for a game of astro in St. Benildus college on the Kilmacud road. Game is at 8, if interested PM or reply here. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Hey there.

I'm looking to play footy in a reasonably competitive capacity - preferably 5-a-side stuff, indoor or astro.

If anyone's looking for a half decent player to make up numbers gimme a message and I'll get onto it. I can play most nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Hey lads,

Our UCD superleague team are looking for a Goalie to play saturday afternoons? we'll cover registration and all that and provide 6 cans after each match?

Let me know and ill get in touch, cheers

Stevo

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilsonudevil

Alright chaps,

Looking for regular 7-a-side on astro in Dublin (i'm in D4 but will be happy to travel up to 25 minutes in the car). Can play any night.

PM me!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kingdomkerry

Looking for numbers for nine o clock on tuesdays in ucd for the winter. Will have to pay about €100 for six months. Email sent every tuesday to confirm numbers. PM if interested.

I am interested in playing a second night if people are looking for numbers any other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TigerPhil

I'm available for astro for 5, 7 or 11 aside, and I'm handy.

Drop a PM, I check it regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Anybody fancy a (free) game of 5 a side in UCD at 9pm tonight?? PM me

• Advertisement
Advertisement