Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

1246757

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 >JOKER<


    riproar wrote: »
    Hiya joker just out of interest where are you situated at the moment
    For the moment I'm in Romania...but if someone help me to join to a team in Dublin, then I can come in a few days there.
    But please tell me something really safe to go to because I need to play at a football team for more reasons (some personal).
    In ROmania you are not paid if you don't play in the first 11. I finished my contract with former team 2 years ago, the contract for which was 150 euros per month. I don't want that you understand that I'm coming to a team from Dublin for money, but I need some money, doesn't metter how many.
    I need someone's help. Thanks to anyone who can help me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭ homerjay2005


    >JOKER< wrote: »
    For the moment I'm in Romania...but if someone help me to join to a team in Dublin, then I can come in a few days there.
    But please tell me something really safe to go to because I need to play at a football team for more reasons (some personal).
    In ROmania you are not paid if you don't play in the first 11. I finished my contract with former team 2 years ago, the contract for which was 150 euros per month. I don't want that you understand that I'm coming to a team from Dublin for money, but I need some money, doesn't metter how many.
    I need someone's help. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

    unfortunately boardeaux dont pay players, though rumour has it that one player called shay, gets some under the table " expenses" per appearance:p.

    we only in it for the fun, if you want to get paid, then you need to be -

    a - exceptionally good.
    b - play for a very high standard team.

    you would not be able to live in dublin on football wages alone, unless you played for the League of Ireland teams such as Shelbourne, St Pats, Bohemians etc....


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭ _blank_


    you would not be able to live in dublin on football wages alone, unless you played for the League of Ireland teams such as Shelbourne,

    What?

    Shels are part-time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭ homerjay2005


    Des wrote: »
    What?

    Shels are part-time.

    surely some of the players are getting around 400 to 600 a week?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭ LeixlipRed


    Afaik, he'd need a work permit to come here. Romanians aren't allowed move here yet to work.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 >JOKER<


    LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Afaik, he'd need a work permit to come here. Romanians aren't allowed move here yet to work.
    You are absolutely right. Romanians still not entitled to work in Ireland, but then how explain you that in Dublin over 5,000 Romanians are working (and around). There are many jobs that the Irish refuse them, and who accept work in their place? 80% Romanians. I saw on TV that it is possible that the months of September to give the Romanians work. Anyway I want to go to a team that could even give me 200 euros a week. (to have food and pay an hostel or rent a flat..).


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭ pvt.joker


    No offense joker, but you're not going to find a team to pay you on here.
    Your best bet is to come over and get a job somewhere, and try and get some trials in some of the EL clubs.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭ Savman


    >JOKER< wrote: »
    Anyway I want to go to a team that could even give me 200 euros a week.
    Considering your options, the Spar Deli team beckons.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 riproar


    You have picked a very appropriate user name for yourself as you must be having a laugh looking for that sort of money.On your previous post you said you got 150 a month but you wouldnt be looking for that here.Now you are looking for 200 a week.Gullible.png


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 >JOKER<


    pvt.joker wrote: »
    No offense joker, but you're not going to find a team to pay you on here.
    Your best bet is to come over and get a job somewhere, and try and get some trials in some of the EL clubs.
    I hope that I will find a semipro team who can give me some money. (doesn't metter how much)
    But besides football I will try to find a good job too.
    Maybe I will have a little good luck. Who knows?:)


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭ LeixlipRed


    No club will pay you if you illegaly emigrate here anyway. Your best bet is to try come here through legal means and then turn up at the training grounds of our professional teams looking for a trial.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 >JOKER<


    LeixlipRed wrote: »
    No club will pay you if you illegaly emigrate here anyway. Your best bet is to try come here through legal means and then turn up at the training grounds of our professional teams looking for a trial.
    Maybe you don't know ... but the Romanians can travel in Ireland but doesn't have the right to work (yet). I was in Dublin in 2007, I lived 5 months in Summerhill. I played football every weekend at Monjoy Square. Then I worked for something and not really had time for football. So I can come to DUblin and I can work too. ;)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭ Savman


    >JOKER< wrote: »
    I'm 21 years old
    You're too old :)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭ _blank_


    Oooooh, look at Martin's shiney new BOLD name :D

    Welcome to the Darkside Martin!


  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭ homerjay2005


    Des wrote: »
    Oooooh, look at Martin's shiney new BOLD name :D

    Welcome to the Darkside Martin!

    just noticed that myself :)

    **trots over to maths forum to cause some havoc.**


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭ Iago


    rovers2001 wrote: »
    Phoenix rovers fc who are based in ballymun are in the process of setting up a second team to play sunday division 3 aul along with our existing saturday side.NEW PLAYERS WELCOME.Check out our website www.phoenixroversfc.com for further details and contact numbers.We train in poppintree park on tuesdays and westwood gym on thursdays.Come on give it a go i think you might be pleasantly surprised.

    Are you definitely setting up a second team? Saturdays could be messy for me but Sundays should be alright I think.

    Which westwood gym are your training in and what kind of training is it?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭ Savman


    Des wrote: »
    Oooooh, look at Martin's shiney new BOLD name :D

    Welcome to the Darkside Martin!
    /clears throat

    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    He used to be cool.


  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭ rovers2001


    Hi Iago.
    At the moment its looking pretty certain that we will be setting up a sunday side team as at the minute we have 29 players and obviously can only play 14 on a saturday.As a club we have to provide a game for these players as we would hate to lose them after all the training and effort put in from everyone.Your more than welcome down training in westwood gym clontarf at 7.30pm cost €7.50 and the training consists of spinning classes (very tough) swimming and weights in the water and also just weights themselves.This thursday will probably be a bit lighter due to a game wednesday evening.PM me if you like or check out our website for contact numbers. alternatively we will be training next tuesday night at 7pm poppintree pk providing there is no game arranged between now and then.hoping to hear from you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Grantie


    If there's any goalkeepers out there currently clubless and looking to get back playing give me a PM and i'll be in touch.

    Our team play on Sunday in LSL Div 2. We'r a southside club in the rathgar area.


  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ bawn79


    Anyone need a player for a midweek astro-turf game or team?
    I will footie at home in Tipp on weekends and looking for something to keep me sharp during the week.

    Thanks


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭ homerjay2005


    bawn79 wrote: »
    Anyone need a player for a midweek astro-turf game or team?
    I will footie at home in Tipp on weekends and looking for something to keep me sharp during the week.

    Thanks

    boardeaux are currently scouting for a player or 2 maybe as we maybe loosing 1 or 2 players....what position do you play in?


  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ bawn79


    boardeaux are currently scouting for a player or 2 maybe as we maybe loosing 1 or 2 players....what position do you play in?

    I normally play centre-back or I can play centre-forward. Im 6' 4", have played most positions over the year. Does boardeux (the boards team right?) not play games on the weekend or will ye also have a mid week astro turf team?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭ pvt.joker


    bawn79 wrote: »
    I normally play centre-back or I can play centre-forward. Im 6' 4", have played most positions over the year. Does boardeux (the boards team right?) not play games on the weekend or will ye also have a mid week astro turf team?


    we play games on a tuesday at the minute, and will probably play on this night next season. All the league games are mid-week anyway.
    We'll be having a few friendlies once our season finishes next week so you can come down and have a run out if you like.


  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ Beans_On


    We play at [email protected] if anyone fancies a game.

    ill be online all day so PM me.
    Cheers


  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ bawn79


    pvt.joker wrote: »
    we play games on a tuesday at the minute, and will probably play on this night next season. All the league games are mid-week anyway.
    We'll be having a few friendlies once our season finishes next week so you can come down and have a run out if you like.

    Ya would definitely be up for it. Ill keep an eye out here(boards team forum) I presume for the upcoming friendlies. Great stuff.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭ pvt.joker


    bawn79 wrote: »
    Ya would definitely be up for it. Ill keep an eye out here(boards team forum) I presume for the upcoming friendlies. Great stuff.


    yep. exactly. any friendlies will be mentioned on the boards team forum.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭ Savman


    Lads it looks like Phoenix Rovers are going ahead with 2 teams (Sat & Sun) so if anyone is interested in coming along just make contact thru the site or via PM or whatever.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭ horseydevine


    centre back looking for a northside team... been with the same club for the past 11 years...good footballing brain, trying to get the aul fitness back though....training with a team but not seeing eye to eye with the manager :rolleyes:

    am 6 foot 3", good right foot and never back down in a tackle..:D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭ Savman


    centre back looking for a northside team... been with the same club for the past 11 years...good footballing brain, trying to get the aul fitness back though....training with a team but not seeing eye to eye with the manager :rolleyes:

    am 6 foot 3", good right foot and never back down in a tackle..:D
    You seen my post above yeah? :D
    Come on down, the price is almost right


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭ horseydevine


    Savman wrote: »
    You seen my post above yeah? :D
    Come on down, the price is almost right

    yeah pal i seen it.. where in poppintree do ya train?

    How does the training on the thursday work exactly?

    the next match you have is the team im not seen eye to eye with the manger :D


Advertisement