Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 connie2

hey,

I m moving to dublin next month and am looking for a club that would be playing a fairly high standard around the city centre direction??? any suggestions???

... and can someone tell me when the typical season starts and finishes in dublin???

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 evan barker

Hi connie season normally starts August till May,we are a division 2a Aul Side with great facilities , great history we were relagated 2 years ago but have assembled a very strong team this year to win trophies we came 4th last season and lost on penalties in a cup final. We are based on the northside in coolock 15 mins from city centre.We train twice a week tues and thurs and play matches on a sunday.Pm me if you intrested dont mind the rest of the people who respond to your add with offers of a place on the pitch straight away as these will be most likley unfit pub teams with no ambition for the game.Preseason training has started already but we would never turn away an intrested player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

connie2 wrote: »
    hey,

I m moving to dublin next month and am looking for a club that would be playing a fairly high standard around the city centre direction??? any suggestions???

... and can someone tell me when the typical season starts and finishes in dublin???

cheers

Hi Connie, what position do you play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 god like genius

Hi there,

My team is currently looking for a new goal keeper who can commit to playing every saturday afternoon and train 1-2 times per week.

We play in division 3A of the UCFL in Dublin. We are based in Balinteer but have players coming from all parts of the city to play.

While we do play at the lower end of the league, we are only in our 3rd year and gained promotion last year. We have a strong side & are building a team to try jump up a few divisions next season.

If interested just send me a pm and i will get back with details.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭PRman

Strand United are looking for new players of all standards. 3 teams. 1st in Premier Division of UCFL, 2nds in Division 1 and 3rd's in Division 3A. One of the longest established clubs in Dublin. Excellent facilities including private pitch and full training facilities at Mount Temple school, Clontarf (only 2 miles from city centre) Coach with full coaching badges. Pm if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 M_ountdaisy

..Hey there

our name is HBFC Ath Cliath, we are a celtic supporters team based in wesley college, Balinteer and we are looking for new players for the coming season.

we play in the UCFL div 3B..

if anyone is intrested pm and i'll pass on more details

I would be interested in playin, are ye a saturday team or a sunday team?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hagi1513

Any teams in the stillorgan/mount merrion/booterstown area looking for players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 M_ountdaisy

Im looking for a club on the south side of th city. Anywhere is fine. Would prefer to play on a saturday team due to work committments on Sundays. Living in the Kimmage area but dont't mind travelling a bit.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ROCKYCASH

Im just after moving to kinnegad and im wondering if anyone knows any clubs nearby to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Keeper wanted for UCFL team, Chapelizod F.C. asap. Train in Ballyfermot on a Thursday, matches on Saturday. Any age or ability level, guaranteed game time. Contact me by PM.

LR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mcfc

hi im looking to get back into football. havent played in awhile as i work shift. i now have every sunday off and can commit to training 4 out of every 5 weeks. 2-10 shift is the killer. would appreciate any response. i am in the west dublin/meath area. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MGKO

Hi all

We run a club out of Balbriggan, Chapel Gate FC. We are made up from lads from an estate in Balbriggan. We have been accepted into the the league for the 2010/2011 season, and are looking for games till then. Most of our players have played for the 3 Balbriggan clubs, and some have had played/ had trials with Eircom League and English teams. We are willing to travel anywhere within reason and can host games either. We recently beat Stamullen FC 7-2. We are looking for friendlys against teams in a simular situation to us or just a group of lads looking for a game, nothing major, just a bit of craic. PM me if interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Hi, im looking for an adult club reasonably near the Lucan area(have car will travel) for saturday games and trains during the week. Preferably a team with a 1st 2nd possibly 3rd team so i can find my level at the club. Played last year Div 1 UCFL however im looking for a team closer to home for this season. I felt comfortable at that level and that I could perform maybe a few leagues higher. Only starting soccer now as i was committed to a GAA team which has only recently finished up. Any advice on a team suitable would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Need 2-3 players tonight for a game of astro in St. Benildus college on the Kilmacud road. Game is at 8, if interested PM or reply here. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Hey there.

I'm looking to play footy in a reasonably competitive capacity - preferably 5-a-side stuff, indoor or astro.

If anyone's looking for a half decent player to make up numbers gimme a message and I'll get onto it. I can play most nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Hey lads,

Our UCD superleague team are looking for a Goalie to play saturday afternoons? we'll cover registration and all that and provide 6 cans after each match?

Let me know and ill get in touch, cheers

Stevo

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilsonudevil

Alright chaps,

Looking for regular 7-a-side on astro in Dublin (i'm in D4 but will be happy to travel up to 25 minutes in the car). Can play any night.

PM me!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kingdomkerry

Looking for numbers for nine o clock on tuesdays in ucd for the winter. Will have to pay about €100 for six months. Email sent every tuesday to confirm numbers. PM if interested.

I am interested in playing a second night if people are looking for numbers any other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TigerPhil

I'm available for astro for 5, 7 or 11 aside, and I'm handy.

Drop a PM, I check it regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Anybody fancy a (free) game of 5 a side in UCD at 9pm tonight?? PM me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭peewee18988

Hey

Anyone need a player indoor/outdoor to make up the numbers PM me. I'min Terenure but can drive to anywhere in Dublin.

Cheers

Hey

Anyone need a player indoor/outdoor to make up the numbers PM me. I'min Terenure but can drive to anywhere in Dublin.

Cheers
    Can you play in Astro Coolock at 9.25 tonight?

TigerPhil wrote: »
    Can you play in Astro Coolock at 9.25 tonight?
    It's about 35 minutes drive so you'd need to get your skates on!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kingdomkerry

Hey

Cheers

Anyone looking for numbers for Thursday night in dublin PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Andy27981

Hi All

Im from limerick but I have lived in London for the last 2 years.

My saturday team here (11 a-side) are in desperate need of a decent centre back and a Goal Keeper. We're a good bunch of lads who are love our footy and a few pints after the games. Theres a good irish connection in the side with 3 of us being irish and living in london.

Anyway if youve recently moved to london or have lived here for a while and fancy a game on saturdays, play cb or are a decent keeper drop me a line.

Home games are west london, Boston manor playing fields, TW8 9LR

Cheers
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thegreek15

Terenure FC Womens Team (11 a side)
    Matches: Sunday Afternoon
    Training: 6.15pm - 7.30pm | Iveagh Grounds, Crumlin
    Excellent Facilities, good Club, lots of activities go on throughout the year.
    We are looking to add Players who have previously played before.
    If interested drop me a PM.
    Further info www.terenurefc.com
    Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Looking for a game of 5 aside on Monday or Tuesday evenings. Preferably on the Northside of Dublin or Drogheda area but willing to travel.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

hows it going!
    a few of us are getting together a pool of around 12 players to play weekly midweek matches on the coolmine astroturf dublin 15. any1 interested should follow the link and add there name to the thread, the link is below! its not gonna be a really competitive thing jus a good kickabout players of all ages and fitness levels are welcome, if we get more than like 14 obviously its too much yano and i think we already have 9 maybe 10.
    yea so heres the link:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055730548

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mckayefc

Hello there.

I'm looking for a game of 11 a side on a saturday. I live near St Annes Park on the Northside so somewhere round there would be ideal.

I am 33 with a bit of ability (modest too) and poor fitness. I can play centre half or centre mid. If anyone thinks I might be worthy of a shout, give me a message.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

hi any 11 a side teams in the palmerstown/clondalkin/ballyerfmot/lucan area?
    im pretty handy with a ball at my feet 6 foot 1 quick as a greyhound usually play on the left or right wings.

Advertisement