Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That RS looks fantastic in that colour I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

I saw a 09D Overfinch on the M50 on Saturday evening and seen the same 09D SLR on the old N4 between Kilcock and Enfield twice in the last week. Someone is still making money over here.

Sorry didn't get pictures was driving when I saw them, Will keep my eyes out and phone handy incase I'm following the SLR next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Saw these on Saturday:
    IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0844.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0846.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0881-2.jpg
    IMG_0882-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭UhOh

SuprSi wrote: »
    Spotted this today outside one of our offices....

whats the green like in the flesh??

we've had a green & a blue RS on here, I may aswell add the white. I see this on a regular basis ;)

27062009003c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

sharkman wrote: »
    Malahide last week , "new" Golf !

photo1yip.jpg

South African VW Citi Golf.

Odd car to import brand new I think. Different though.

Registration 09d11240
    Make VOLKSWAGEN
    Model GOLF
    Description CITI CITIROX 1.4 I 05DR
    Fuel Type PETROL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

UhOh wrote: »

we've had a green & a blue RS on here, I may aswell add the white. I see this on a regular basis ;)

27062009003c.jpg
    They seem to be a much better seller than the golf R32.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I may aswell add the white. I see this on a regular basis ;)
    luck git :p

SuprSi wrote: »
    Spotted this today outside one of our offices....

green RS is fantastic, its such a difficult decision on which is nicer......green or white......?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I saw a 09D Overfinch on the M50 on Saturday evening and seen the same 09D SLR on the old N4 between Kilcock and Enfield twice in the last week. Someone is still making money over here.

Sorry didn't get pictures was driving when I saw them, Will keep my eyes out and phone handy incase I'm following the SLR next time.

They look like they are parked near FAI HQ in Merrion Sq. maybe some footie types and maybe you seeing them near Carton means they could be newcastle players as they were training there last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭el diablo

Plug wrote: »
    They seem to be a much better seller than the golf R32.
    Not sure about that. I've seen a lot more R32s on the road. I'd take the R32 each time. That Focus looks like a boy-racer's car. :cool:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭UhOh

el diablo wrote: »
    Not sure about that. I've seen a lot more R32s on the road. I'd take the R32 each time. That Focus looks like a boy-racer's car. :cool:

more badge snobbery from El Diablo :D obviously havent seen the RS in person yet

RS is rarer then the R32, only 12 RS's officially in the country I believe, plus 2 press cars (one of which is the green RS posted earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuprSi

It looked really well. I haven't seen the other colours so can't compare but I was very impressed and it really makes the car stand out. I really like the look of the white one though.

Spotted this Mercedes McLaren SLR in Portmarnock a few weeks ago. It was on German plates. It's quite a big car when you see it in reality:

Image006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Class!
    SLR 722 edition. A more hardcore model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bostoncommon

antodeco wrote: »
    snot green

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

27062009003c.jpg

Up the Vee in Tipperary??

Somewhere back in this thread there's a picture of a Diablo in pretty much the same spot! That hairpin has seen some serious messing over the years, brings back a lot of (irresponsible and illegal) memories of Skylines, 325's and Cosworths coming around that bend at silly angles!!

You're either colour blind or have a terrible taste in colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I also think white is the colour for the RS........seen a coulple of them in person now and they really look fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

VW Golf GTI MKVI in Maxwell Motors. They had a dark grey one outside too. They look pretty good in the metal, if a little unremarkable.

dsc00381jka.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

qz wrote: »
    VW Golf GTI MKVI in Maxwell Motors. They had a dark grey one outside too. They look pretty good in the metal, if a little unremarkable.

dsc00381jka.jpg

Advertised on Carzone, too. Have to say I quite like it. Same price as a Focus RS. I know which one I'd have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Advertised on Carzone, too. Have to say I quite like it. Same price as a Focus RS. I know which one I'd have
    Very unremarkable though. Would have an RS over the Golf GTI any day - only not in that green color.I think the green looks well now in 2009, but wait until 2012 or so and see how it looks then......remember the blue interior of the mk2 RS? Horrid now, but very cool at time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

cashmni1 wrote: »
    Very unremarkable though. Would have an RS over the Golf GTI any day - only not in that green color.I think the green looks well now in 2009, but wait until 2012 or so and see how it looks then......remember the blue interior of the mk2 RS? Horrid now, but very cool at time.

Yea, I'd take the RS over the GTI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

1st thought on seening that gti pic was ewww..... I can't say I like it, maybe it's the angle?

saw a red one in Austria a few weeks ago. looked much better than that silver one. no pics unfortunately. :)

bennyx_o wrote: »

I'd take the Golf too. :p I'd even take a Polo GTI over that nasty looking RS Focus. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Stephens Green today - Cannonball Run anyone.
    Picture_168_Small.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Hermy wrote: »
    Stephens Green today - Cannonball Run anyone.
    Picture_168_Small.jpg

Looks more suited to the Gumball!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

In the big pic you can see the signs referring to www.cannonball.ie which apparently is happening in September for Barretstown.
    Picture_168_thumb.jpg

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2226/dsc00381jka.jpg

Spotted one on the road in the north over the weekend. Was very meh, didn't even bother trying to get a pic

Strange looking Bentley.

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

el diablo wrote: »
    Strange looking Bentley.

I think you mean awful looking bentley

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

This discussion has been closed.