Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I love Duncan too.

On an arrrrrrrgh point, went to watch the show on RTE player but it seems they have cut off the last 5 mins and I can't watch :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

aagghhh!!!!:p

nellie07 wrote: »
    aagghhh!!!!:p

What happened in the last 5 mins or so?

Duncan and Caitriona are back this week

Also from the website:

The Fair City website will be interviewing members of the cast of Fair City every month and we want you, the viewers, to suggest questions to ask them. We will select the best questions and put them to the actor of the month.

The first actor to take his place on the hot seat is Tony Tormey, who plays Paul Brennan. Tony is one of a handful of cast members who have been involved in Fair City since the beginning of the show, which is now in its 20th year.

If you could invite Tony into your kitchen for a cup of coffee and a chat, what would you ask him about his character and about working on Fair City?

Email your suggested question or questions to:

faircity@rte.ie

Please make sure to put Tony Tormey interview in the subject line.

The deadline for submitting questions is Sunday 12th July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

sam34 wrote: »
    did you think duncan was good?????

he was atrocious , imo, matched equally by that awful girlfriend of his, caitriona.
    neither of them could act.

good riddance

Agree 100% with you sam34.....She is the single WORST actor in the show, followed a very close second by him and that new wan in the garage:confused::confused::confused::confused:. I can't believe they are back next week, and we have to endure the terrible acting again!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

I agree! Catriona is a terrible actress! I dont think Duncan is bad though. His character annoys me, but thats the point. Same with Cass, he annoys me, but hes supposed to, so i like him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Keith "the legend" McGrath last night to Saoirse........."ya little wagon ya!!":D:D:D:D:D Luv'em

Keith "the legend" McGrath last night to Saoirse........."ya little wagon ya!!":D:D:D:D:D Luv'em

LOL!:D I have really enjoyed the sex book story! Apart from the one in the garage. I hope they dont try and make her part of Ray and keiths comedy partnership

I like Saoirse now. I wish they would bring Tracey back.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

God I love Louie :pac: How is it that everything about him is so well-written, yet so many other aspects of the show can be so crap and amateur at the exact same time??

Tonight's episode was fairly good though. Just needs that extra big storyline. The stuff with Keith and the books is great, though it's annoying me that they're all being so awkward with him :pac: Just let him have the damn books and let's see him flaunt the money. He was good tonight I thought, especially at one point where the scene was ending and he gave that crooked, smug grin that he does, was genuinely laughing at that one. Jo was quite good too, though why has Ray become such a grouch :confused: It suits him somewhat but I do miss the more laid-back Ray...

But yeah, so much less forced or something tonight, or maybe just lately in general. The last while you could see how tight they were being with the amount of characters per episode, but they're being a bit more generous lately and it looks so much more natural and realistic when all the inhabitants are actually present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Meller wrote: »
    God I love Louie :pac: How is it that everything about him is so well-written, yet so many other aspects of the show can be so crap and amateur at the exact same time??

Tonight's episode was fairly good though. Just needs that extra big storyline.

A stunning comeback for the golden couple of carrigstown. Duncans scenes just kind of reminded me of the last time he was around. Are they just rehashing scenes from months ago now. And his comments on Toomevara......

Was nice to see Orla take Sarah down a peg or two. I agree with you Meller that a major storyline is lacking. I can kind of see one simmering away in the background. I think it was yourself who said that you'd settle for an affair storyline; well Louie and Suzanne? Some of their comments recently have suggested that it could be a possibility.

I could also be reading way too much into it :pac:

I see Tracey is back next week and I love Louie, I think he is a great character, wonder will they develop more about his children and see where that goes. It was good to have Duncan back, he is a good character and always makes me smile. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Epicurus wrote: »
    I agree with you Meller that a major storyline is lacking. I can kind of see one simmering away in the background. I think it was yourself who said that you'd settle for an affair storyline; well Louie and Suzanne? Some of their comments recently have suggested that it could be a possibility.

I noticed that too last night when Louie told Yvonne to start respecting Suzanne more, it's a little frustrating sometimes how helpless she seems compared to them. That said, I think Suzanne is incredibly dull and lacks any likeability... I doubt Louie would go for anyone so boring :pac:

I'm having trouble thinking of any other affair possibilities though :confused: There are very few couples really. I can think of Suzanne & Damien (thought there may have been something going on with Damien and Orla last night but that would just be a total snorefest tbh), Jo & Dermot (they should be left as a steady couple I think), Heather & Brendan (doubt ANOTHER affair's on the cards) and Niamh & Paul (already been done far too much also). Think that's about it?? That's kinda out then really. Maybe they could introduce some sort of ridiculous new love triangle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Can we please have a car fall on Saoirse soon an kill off the cow. God she bugs me. The state of her in general and she is such a loser. Quote from tonight " I have 424 frends"................lol is boards missing a member ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

What I found bizarre tonight was that Louie asked Suzanne what time he could meet her to talk to her about the coffee shop...she says 1pm...well that is not very real for a coffee shop owner, isn't that lunch time and their busiest time ever??? Unless lunch time in Carrigstown is a different time :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

robo wrote: »
    What I found bizarre tonight was that Louie asked Suzanne what time he could meet her to talk to her about the coffee shop...she says 1pm...well that is not very real for a coffee shop owner, isn't that lunch time and their busiest time ever??? Unless lunch time in Carrigstown is a different time :confused:

He asked her to meet him there for exactly that reason.

He knew it was going to be busy and couldn't leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Yeh in the Hungry Pig...his restaurant, but not in her coffee shop which I would have thought might have been busy also! Why didn't they pick a time other than lunch time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

robo wrote: »
    Yeh in the Hungry Pig...his restaurant, but not in her coffee shop which I would have thought might have been busy also! Why didn't they pick a time other than lunch time?

I dunno...perhaps the subtext (ooooh!!!) is that Rainbows is dying on its ass and is not even busy at what should be a peak time? And I liked Saoirse tonight. And Duncan. Again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Can we please have a car fall on Saoirse soon an kill off the cow. God she bugs me. The state of her in general and she is such a loser. Quote from tonight " I have 424 frends"................lol is boards missing a member ;):D

I'd prefer if it didnt. I like Saoirse. I'll give you 2 cars for Catriona though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So where is Geraldine and her child now - she was mentioned last night

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    I'd prefer if it didnt. I like Saoirse. I'll give you 2 cars for Catriona though.

lol I might need the 2nd car incase the 1st one doesnt quite do the trick on Saoirse;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

What's da story with everyone so down on Keith making a few bob:confused: love da story at the mo, especially him and Doug:D hope he makes a fortune he deserves it after putting up with Unnnnna for so long! ur wan Saoirse would be fairly sick then:D

I am having a memory block here, did Una's sister leave or did she vanish in the fair city vanishing pool :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Two things lads - watching "The Take" Sky One last night and there was our Cleo in it playing a small part - well done Cleo.

Secondly, listening to Joe Duffy today (I know I have a sad life) and who was the first caller - only Inspector John Deegan - telling the Nation about his experience last Saturday night when he was driving his taxi - yes you did read that right, he drives a taxi when he's not "acting". Fair play to him.

angel01 wrote: »
    I am having a memory block here, did Una's sister leave or did she vanish in the fair city vanishing pool :eek:

Didnt she go to "Africa" after Ringo?

I agree, why is everyone so down on Keith selling the books? Fair play to him I say! I enjoy the story though. Rays reaction when he found out the books were fakes was priceless.

When are Cleo and Dean going to get it on! Its such an obvious couple!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

When Keith discovered that the others were selling the books at 1 Euro or whatever it was why did he not think of buying them up for resale? Though perhaps it was just as well...

And I'd have thought that many of those interested in the book wouldn't have been too worried about the number (or lack of..) on the cover...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Jo looking well lately. I hate Saoirse. And Orla is a cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

That Saoirse one is absolutely awful. Why is she suddenly best friends with Jo, Dolores and Ray? Out drinking with them in McCoys. I absolutely can't stand her. And Jo is really annoying and whiney lately.

The whole Madonna book story line is so stupid and not funny. Like what was it to Jo if Keith bought the books at the price she wanted and sold them on. It.'s so stupid. And I hate their stupid charity shop.

Orla and Damien... Is there an affair in the making?

And where is Leo?

• Advertisement

Yeah I was thinking the same last night about Orla and Damien?? Although got to say I bloody hate Orla. She remeinds me of a pushy bi&ch I used work with that would get up on a hairy hand so I really hope she doesnt get her claws into Damien.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement