Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown 28/06/09

Options
  • 30-05-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

Anyone going? Was one of the lucky ones that got tickets to the O2 gig back in april and I can honestly say it was the best gig i'd ever been to (granted i've only been to a handful). Loved it so much me and few others got a few tickets to the punchestown gig through toutless. Me and my mate got right up to the front (about halfway down the walkway).
    Hoping to get a similar postition for the punchestown gig but it's gonna be a whole lot harder with 70,000 people and the obvious inclusion of a pit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Can't wait for this, The Answer, Thin Lizzy and ACDC, itll be a great day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Agreed, the o2 gig was faaaaaantastic!

There's actually about 700-800 tickets still available (or available again) from Ticketmaster for Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Agreed, the o2 gig was faaaaaantastic!

There's actually about 700-800 tickets still available (or available again) from Ticketmaster for Punchestown

just checked ticketmaster there and it seems your right. i guess they were holding a few to increase demand. fan club tickets have been available aswell. either way i still managed to get 3 face value tickets very easily.

Yeah, i was thrilled when i heard thin lizzy were supporting also. it'll be the first of 2 times this year ill see them (again at metallica!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

only 3 bands? Think anymore will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

im going :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

im going :)

Me too, and I'm definitely not a hard rock/metal fan - I like my EDM (trance/techno).. But I've a bit of an AC/DC streak in me too, and this'll be a gig to remember.

Is it really no cameras though? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭deisedude

Class cant wait for the gig. Made my day to hear Thin Lizzy supporting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

Yup I'm going, tis getting ever closer now..fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What kind of music are The Answer?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That_Guy wrote: »
    Led Zepplin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

That_Guy wrote: »

I actually think I have one of their albums...must give it a proper listen so if you say they're like led zeppelin....

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

cant wait for this gig!! if it tops the last gig i was at, Rush, it will be excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GlindaGale

I've been waiting my whole life to see AC/DC play and I missed the gig in the O2 so Im really excited about this gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Yeah I can't wait for it. Paid €300 for my ticket to the o2 on April and gladly would've paid double that, amazin' gig. I've been a massive fan since I was ten and even though I knew what I was gonna get, they exceeded all possible expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AutumnComission

Does anyone know if there are camping facilities in Punchestown or near the racecourse? Goin to AC/DC and was thinking of ruffin' it!! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

GlindaGale wrote: »
    I've been waiting my whole life to see AC/DC play and I missed the gig in the O2 so Im really excited about this gig!

Damn right! I was so p***sed off when the O2 sold out but I'm counting the days to this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Does anyone know if there are camping facilities in Punchestown or near the racecourse? Goin to AC/DC and was thinking of ruffin' it!! Thanks

Nope no luck for ya I'm afraid! And I wouldn't try setting up in any of the fields around cause you'll be moved fairly quickily.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mickarooney

anyone know what time the buses are going at and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You could give people a bit of help by letting them know from where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GlindaGale

http://www.dublinbus.ie/GoogleSearch?searchText=ac%2fdc

There ya go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I'm going to miss this! Frickin gutted, a mate seen them in the Point and said they were amazing. I had my tickets organised since January and plans made. All up in a heap now and tickets up on toutless today....... Balls:mad:

Has anyone bought a dublin bus ticket for the gig? I bought one but i'm a little sketchy on the details. Can you get on any of the buses between 12 and 6 that they are running or does it have to be a specific one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

deisedude wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a dublin bus ticket for the gig? I bought one but i'm a little sketchy on the details. Can you get on any of the buses between 12 and 6 that they are running or does it have to be a specific one?

you can hop on any bus you like at any time as long as you have a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Looking forward to this, have seen them already in Rotterdam and Dublin this year, and got a ticket for Sydney next year too! This might be the last tour, gotta make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

hey guys, does anyone know the drinks policy for Punchestown or the ACDC gig policy. Wondering if I can bring in booze or not (obviously no bottles). Just wondering as I've never been to Punchestown, but I'd imagine they're going to be selling plastic cups of beer for 8 euro regardless :eek:

don't see anything about it on the promoters site or on the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparky29

I doubt ya can legally bring in booze but that wont stop alot of us from trying to sneak some in,

Does anyone know if they will be doing pit passes like what they would normally do for a day concert like this or will it be the oxegen one in one out system?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

Hi. Does anyone know who's supporting ACDC next week?

There's nothing on MCD or Ticketmaster sites about who the support act(s) are. Gates open at 4pm so I can only assume there will be a few.
    Have heard rumours of ThinLizzy but nothing definate...

I've heard Thin Lizzy and the Answer will be supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Thumbs_Down

Sinderella wrote: »
    Hi. Does anyone know who's supporting ACDC next week?

There's nothing on MCD or Ticketmaster sites about who the support act(s) are. Gates open at 4pm so I can only assume there will be a few.
    Have heard rumours of ThinLizzy but nothing definate...

The Answer and Thin Lizzy are supporting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Sinderella

ok, thanks. That was quick :D

Where did you read that? I can't find it anywhere, even on ACDC.com
    :confused:

Advertisement