Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muse

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

S.M.B. wrote: »
    So i wasn't imagining it.

I didn't like the way they did that tbh. After a fantastic opening I thought that part of the gig was a bit too dragged out.

It could be that I was rather drunk and full of beans though.

I was off my face on adrenaline, it was unreal! I was only 14/15 at the time and it was one of the greatest spectacles I had ever witnessed at that point!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Langer Dan

Think they're pretty awful tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,477 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Isn't the album out in September? Which is even better. An epic like USoE sounds truly brilliant.

As for the gig in November....really looking forward to it. Citizen Erased will hopefully make a return. Dead Star again would be quite impressive. Can see some of BH&R being removed from the set. Only seen them 3 times, bit of a toss-up between Marlay and Rock Werchter. All great outings though!

Mushy wrote: »
    Isn't the album out in September? Which is even better. An epic like USoE sounds truly brilliant.

As for the gig in November....really looking forward to it. Citizen Erased will hopefully make a return. Dead Star again would be quite impressive. Can see some of BH&R being removed from the set. Only seen them 3 times, bit of a toss-up between Marlay and Rock Werchter. All great outings though!

Nah, to be honest, if any album is gonna miss out, it'll be Absolution (Can see only Hysteria & Time Is Running Out getting an airing), while BH&R will still get Starlight, SuperMassive BlackHole, Map of the Promlematique and probably Invincible.

I really hope they play some stuff off Showbiz, it seems ages since I've heard anything from it live (Unintended doesn't count!)

Nah, to be honest, if any album is gonna miss out, it'll be Absolution (Can see only Hysteria & Time Is Running Out getting an airing), while BH&R will still get Starlight, SuperMassive BlackHole, Map of the Promlematique and probably Invincible.

I really hope they play some stuff off Showbiz, it seems ages since I've heard anything from it live (Unintended doesn't count!)

Stockholm Syndrome has to be played...they have way too many staple songs for a live set. They should have no support, and play for 3 hours so rarer songs can be played:D Heard Sunburn in Belgium in 07, very very very sweet. Something tells me Muscle Museum will get an airing this time round!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Knights of Cyadonia will prob get a run out. Hope they play Citizen Erased, seen them 4 times and they never played it the feckers ;-)

Saw them do sunburn alright, was wicked. Best gig i saw them at was earls court in London. I was at the front, Matt came out with a video camera and i was roaring like a lunatic into it. what a night. Anyone else there that night? it was probably Nov04 - after absolution was released, they played 2 nights in earls court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There are plenty of permanent fixtures on the setlist -

New Born
    Plug In Baby
    Stockholm Syndrome
    Time Is Running Out
    Hysteria
    Knights of Cydonia
    Starlight
    Invincible
    Map of the Problematique

All of those are sure to be played on the tour imo. To go with them I'd love -

Muscle Museum
    Unintended
    Sunburn
    Citizen Erased
    Bliss
    Dead Star
    In Your World
    Butterflies and Hurricanes

and then another 4 or 5 from the likes of Fury, Feeling Good, Showbiz etc.

(Plus the new album obviously. A 30-song set will do! :D)

'Uno' needs to return to the setlist - absolutely incredible live. Ditto Fillip and Cave.

Don't see it happening though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I hate when they play Showbiz tunes at their shows. I can't listen to that album anymore.

• Advertisement

I hate when they play Showbiz tunes at their shows. I can't listen to that album anymore.

Seriously? :eek:

It's still my favourite Muse album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm shocked. I'd say that's their finest album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's their Pablo Honey imo.

I loved it at the time but I've little time for it now. I shall give it another try later on today though.

I loved it at the time but I've little time for it now. I shall give it another try later on today though.

Aye, give it another spin.

They've yet to better the ballads/slow songs on that album (Falling Down, Hate This & I'll Love You, Escape, Unintended)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Just got a ticket, if Take A Bow isn't played i'll be looking for my money back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Is it not a bit different? Pablo Honey was an absolutely rubbish, boring, **** album that preceeded six incredible ones. It was disproportionately bad.

Showbiz is more along the lines of Muse's normal progression as a band?

• Advertisement

Muse have announced that their next album, 'The Resistance', will be released on
    September 14.
    Matt Bellamy and co made the announcement on their official website, Muse.mu.
    'The Resistance', which will be the band's fifth studio effort and the follow-up
    to 2006's 'Black Holes And Revelations', was recorded in Italy, and will be
    released in time for the band's forthcoming arena tour.
    As previously reported, Muse will play seven UK and Irish arena dates, including
    two dates at the London O2 Arena, in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

All this talk of old Muse gigs is making me so sad that i wasnt at them:( Only time seeing them live was last Aug but it was by far the best night of my life so far:D the intro with MOTP was damn sweet, Take a Bow was nice to hear live but coupled with the lightshow made it epic:) In the encore, Plug In Baby rocked the park to its core before Man With a Harmonica's first play and KoC to finish...so many vivid memories, from the 4th row in the pit, and i wanted a standing ticket this year! looks like i'll be seated hah.

Tracklisting announced -

01. Uprising
    02. Resistance
    03. Undisclosed Desires
    04. United States Of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)
    05. Guiding Light
    06. Unnatural Selection
    07. MK Ultra
    08. I Belong To You (+Mon Coeur S”Ouvre A Ta Voix)
    09. Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
    10. Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)
    11. Exogenesis Part III (Redemption)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Tracklisting announced -

01. Uprising
    02. Resistance
    03. Undisclosed Desires
    04. United States Of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)
    05. Guiding Light
    06. Unnatural Selection
    07. MK Ultra
    08. I Belong To You (+Mon Coeur S”Ouvre A Ta Voix)
    09. Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
    10. Exogenesis: Symphony Part II (Cross Pollination)
    11. Exogenesis Part III (Redemption)

:D:D

Gotta love the titles!

This could go 2 ways - Absolutely incredible or a clusterf*ck of bombastic, pretentious ****e....... Hopefully the latter! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Zane Lowe got a listen of the album. He says
    “In my opinion I think Muse have made their most focused and complete record yet. You know, they’ve never ever made an album that hasn’t ever lived up to expectations at that point in time. And now without a doubt, one of the best bands Britain has ever given the rest of the world. But this time it just feels like every single component they’ve been building towards, seems to fit naturally and perfectly with one another. And from start to finish it feels like a journey, like a listen, like you know, as soon as you press play on the first second of it, you won’t stop until the end of it. You know there is the three-part symphony, the Exogenesis thing they’ve already talked about that. That is without a doubt, the most ambitious and incredible thing I think that Matt has ever applied himself along with the band, and it’s been fully realised.”

“You can imagine a few nerves amongst people, probably in the band, when they try to take something like that on, even though they’ve made album after album of greatness it’s not small feet to step into a studio and conduct something of that magnitude. But it finishes the album, and is apart of the album so perfectly that at the end of it you feel absolutely spent and emotional of what you’ve just listened to. There are huge riffs, some people on the Twitter have been saying “are there riffs, is it rocking!?” Yes, there are massive riffs in there, there are qwerky pop songs in there, there’s all sorts in there it’s absolutely incredible. The new Muse album is called “The Resistance” it is some wait, so it seems a little bit kind of torturous for us to tease you with all these pictures from Lake Como so upfront, but you’re going to try and have to be patient. Sink yourself into the back catalogue, get ready for the arena tour, many of you listening already have tickets for that and get ready for the return of your band because it absolutely is going to be worth the wait.”

“As far as information that we give you with regards to the first play the first single as soon as we get it, you’ll get it. And anything else involving Muse and this radio show on this radio station and this planet, as soon as we get it, you’ll get it. Thanks for listening.”

“I’m glad that went some towards appeasing some of the people who were just hanging around for anything to do with the new Muse record. There really wasn’t that much Twitter abuse either so thanks for the support. There were just a few people just beefing their frustrations, it’s a long wait you know.”

“All I can say is in my opinion they’ve written their best rock song on that record. In my opinion one of their best pop songs is on that record. It’s ambition and drive and all sorts of influences and creative stuff they’ve never tried before. And from start to finish, if you’re a Muse fan, your going to love it.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Zane Lowe praised the band he's reviewing? Shocker :D

I just did a sex wee

First single, United States of Eurasia, will be released on Monday. I give this 3 thumbs up:D

I think its just a countdown to the new site

Mushy wrote: »
    First single, United States of Eurasia, will be released on Monday. I give this 3 thumbs up:D

Errrrr ..... no it won't :confused: They haven't even decided on a single yet.

Do you mean first radio play?

Actually Usoa is the first single. A dutch radio station is getting it on 20th july.

Errrrr ..... no it won't :confused: They haven't even decided on a single yet.

Do you mean first radio play?
    miralize wrote: »
    Actually Usoa is the first single. A dutch radio station is getting it on 20th july.

From my understanduing of it, they are playing it on Monday(USoE), so it wont be officially leaked.

So Hustler, they certainly have decided on single(s), although my wording probably confused you. apologies for that.

I had a dream last night they headlined Slane next yr...... I wonder what odds I'd get on that? :D

I had a dream last night they headlined Slane next yr...... I wonder what odds I'd get on that? :D

they sold out the november show pretty fast. One can hope :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Nettie

I'm going to this!
    Can't wait!

Anyone know who's supporting?

• Advertisement

Nettie wrote: »
    I'm going to this!
    Can't wait!

Anyone know who's supporting?
    Not announced yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭booyah1024

let's hope it's better than the shocker that was black holes... that was dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

they sold out the november show pretty fast. One can hope :P

I still wouldn't go. After the fiasco of slane this uear, and then AC/DC a week later, it's not worth it!

I be thinking its european festival circuit next summer. But lets allow the Resistance to come out first before thinking that far ahead.

booyah1024 wrote: »
    let's hope it's better than the shocker that was black holes... that was dire.

Shocker? :eek:

I prefer it to Absolution. 'BHAR' wasn't their finest hour but had 4 or 5 really strong songs on it, I particularly liked Exo-Politics, Assasin and City of Delusion

Black Holes has only a handful of good tracks IMO. Supermassive Black Hole was one of the most disappointing songs ever. I hate it, hopefully no more of that on The Resistance.

I think Absolution is probably my favourite album but it's close between it and showbiz.

BHAR was by no means a shocker. 'Map of the Problematique' is one of the best songs they're ever written imo.

yes it isn't a "shocker" but i think it's the worst thing they have done which isn't really that bad of a thing because of how good they are.

How is SMBH bad? Good riff, and its different. Its a good thing to have diversity. Is it coz of the Twiggylight people? They annoy me too, but you cant deny that HAARP improv.

+1 on MOTP

• Advertisement

How is SMBH bad? Good riff, and its different. Its a good thing to have diversity. Is it coz of the Twiggylight people? They annoy me too, but you cant deny that HAARP improv.

+1 on MOTP

When I heard SMBH was coming out I was excited. I heard Muse are experimenting with their sound and trying something new etc etc so being a huge Muse fan I had faith and expected something great. Then this song comes out. First 2 listens I thought it was okay because the riff was good but after that I just started to really dislike it. The singing is crap, the riff is repetitive and it's just not Muse. I'm all for trying new things but you gotta keep your distinct sound.

+ on MOTP also :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

The first single from the new album is called "Uprising" and should be first played on radio within the week :)

Daysha wrote: »
    The first single from the new album is called "Uprising" and should be first played on radio within the week :)
    its getting its debut on radio 1 in uk on 8th august

Oddly enough Uprising is the first single. they are having a worldwide treasure Hunt at the moment, people are finding USB keys in different cities, and the music on them is different parts of USoE. First two parts sounding very nice, like a piano version of Unintended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

There we go, first half of the song, sounds like Queen mixed with Persian Nights.

Its amazing. Freddy Mercury on Helium :P

• Advertisement

brilliant!

Part 4 is also done....should be up soon, cant see it on youtube.

Unintended, crossed with Take A Bow, with some nice Queen homage thrown in for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The Queen blast is epic, I love it. Can't wait for the album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

And part 5, anyone else think the lyrics in the second verse sound a bit ham fisted, like he's trying to hard to fit them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Why split these states when there can BE OOOONLY ONE?!

Looking forward to several thousand people singing along to this come November :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement