Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

jtsuited wrote: »
    not sure how experienced you are so hope this doesn't sound patronising -

it doesn't !
    think they're not being done justice though because of some dodgy sounds.

If you tweak/change the actual sounds and leave the structure and musical arrangement, you could really be on to something good. Just a question of timbre. And that's the fun stuff anywho.

Thats exactly the kind of stuff I wanted to know
    It's just a question of upping your engineering/sound designing game.

Thats the tough bit ... I dont really understand what I am doing all the time re synthesis, and often just twiddle about until I get something that I think fits somewhat ! - need to get my head around it a bit more

continuing to battle on ... whole day ahead of me !

cheers for the feedback jeff

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Anima wrote: »
    Hope I don't sound like a prick but that sentence is quite comical :)

How come?

Helix wrote: »
    something ive been working on, had mixed feedback so far. some love it some done... but thats generally the way these things go i suppose

have to put it in code tags coz if the name

http://clyde.emireland.com/Geebag-C1ntface.mp3

not what I'd usually listen to but really like what you did with the bass line at the beginning of breakdown round the 4 minute mark !

grabbed my attention !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

something ive been working on, had mixed feedback so far. some love it some done... but thats generally the way these things go i suppose

Really like that track. It's on the progressive side of things (which I like) with touches of mininal, especially in the percussive arrangements. Only gripe is I'm not overly convinced with the percussion at the first breakdown, but otherwise a top tune. Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

splitrmx wrote: »

i like it. very druggy. yum!

actually really like this, sounds like a ace of clubs (luke vibert) album i have, cool stripped down acid style

this is pretty cool, not the style of music im into, but the production values are great and its very pleasant sounding

romarr wrote: »
    my first efforts !

3 tunes that actually got some way finished !

click to soundcloud

loads of room for improvement so appreciate some constructive criticism and comments (cc & c ?!)

as for genre ... don't have the foggiest

started trying my hand at this some 9 / 10 months ago, come from a more traditional guitar based band background ... yours truly the drummer (also a bit of triangle here and there) ... have always loved my techno, and pounding my feet to the beat of a sweet bass drum

so much to learn so little time !
    looking forward to all that this forum can be,
    tis shaping up fine

ta

think the first track is definitley the strongest of the three

id be thinking along the same lines as jtsuited here, as in youve got structure but the sounds you are using leave a lot to be desired.

what programs are you using to make your tracks?

hopefully this link works

Stress Demo Mix on Soundcloud

Really, really liking this one, just finished it this morning (yes I get up early to make music - I'm a sick sick man!).

Might be a few tweaks I might need to make in the mix, but all in all i think it's nearly done.

9 minutes long too!

Feedback much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

SteveDon wrote: »
    this is pretty cool, not the style of music im into, but the production values are great and its very pleasant sounding

cheers man

ive completely retrograded back to reason 4, not using anything else at the minute

its very liberating for some reason

hopefully this link works

Stress Demo Mix on Soundcloud

Really, really liking this one, just finished it this morning (yes I get up early to make music - I'm a sick sick man!).

Might be a few tweaks I might need to make in the mix, but all in all i think it's nearly done.

9 minutes long too!

Feedback much appreciated!

Thats a right stomper really like it. Only comments i would have would be that i think that the breakdown could do with a more intense release, but as youve probably noticed thats just my preference as i like the peak time type tracks.

Also i know its a cliche but maybe if you pitched down the vocals a bit it might sound a bit darker. I know this is used a lot these days but there is a reason for it, it sounds friggin good!

by the way i too get up early to make songs, its the only time when it doesnt bother my parents cause they are usually out

if i try to make songs at night i always get the usual, "turn down that racket its giving me a migraine!" my parents generation dont seem to be able to grasp techno, its completely alien to them

what programs are you using to make your tracks?

ableton, predator, fm8, zebra,... mix in nuendo

i've taken previous advice and am having go at the moog modular... but it sure aint no picknic !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Really like that one, goes to show what reason can be made to do in the right hands...

Thats a right stomper really like it. Only comments i would have would be that i think that the breakdown could do with a more intense release, but as youve probably noticed thats just my preference as i like the peak time type tracks.

Also i know its a cliche but maybe if you pitched down the vocals a bit it might sound a bit darker. I know this is used a lot these days but there is a reason for it, it sounds friggin good!
    cheers man.
    i actually did pitch down the vocal but it was very very cliched sounding.
    yeah i'm considering a bigger drop at the breakdown and pull out the bass momentarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

actually really like this, sounds like a ace of clubs (luke vibert) album i have, cool stripped down acid style
    Thanks! I'm a huge Luke Vibert (Ace of Clubs, Wagon Christ, Butler Kiev, Amen Andrews, the list goes on) fan so to be compared to him is quite a compliment. I'm sure he'd take it as an insult though! :)

Thanks! I'm a huge Luke Vibert (Ace of Clubs, Wagon Christ, Butler Kiev, Amen Andrews, the list goes on) fan so to be compared to him is quite a compliment. I'm sure he'd take it as an insult though! :)

Well you influences are certainly shining through, keep it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

This is the 4th ever track that i have written. It's a mix of various nonsense.

Feedback greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Dragan wrote: »
    This is the 4th ever track that i have written. It's a mix of various nonsense.

Feedback greatly appreciated.

You've got so much cool stuff going on in there... i'd lose the 909 hats and invent something to replace it if even needed... it's got legs and full of energy.

1:11 = this line is very out of character and doesn't sit well - nor the second time.

The drums and that dirty bassline really give the track attitude, i'd spend sometime working on some jungalist breaks and keep that shock factor going.

To my ears - you've got kicking rhythms, but then try to make a leadline work when the drums are really taking this baby along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Neurojazz wrote: »
    You've got so much cool stuff going on in there... i'd lose the 909 hats and invent something to replace it if even needed... it's got legs and full of energy.

1:11 = this line is very out of character and doesn't sit well - nor the second time.

The drums and that dirty bassline really give the track attitude, i'd spend sometime working on some jungalist breaks and keep that shock factor going.

To my ears - you've got kicking rhythms, but then try to make a leadline work when the drums are really taking this baby along.

Thanks for that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Miss_Terry

http://soundcloud.com/miss_terry/track-ein

Njoy.

Feedback if you want ! - It JAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

Miss_Terry wrote: »
    http://soundcloud.com/miss_terry/track-ein

Njoy.

Feedback if you want ! - It JAM.

The Mysterious Miss Terry - Who could it be? :confused::D

The track needs to be a little faster I'd say & is probably in requirement of some hi freq stabs / melody etc.. just to break it up a little.

What did you use to make it?

Fresh off the cutting room floor (as in it was finished yesterday)

Soundcloud linky - dj's pm me for 320 promo

Compliments, criticism, queries welcome.
    A healthy dose of abuse even more so.:pac::pac::pac:

Just listening to that Books track again.. Serious Kick.

ICN wrote: »
    Just listening to that Books track again.. Serious Kick.

oh i should stick up that track here when i get it onto soundcloud.

thanks man, it's sort of odd that for such a laid back track it has a slamming kick but for some reason it works.

Yeah.. it sounds like Tresor!!

I'm A/B'ing a bunch of different tracks here on a CD.. just to see what something I'm working on sounds like through the stereo.

Jeesus.. Had to run over to the Volume when Books came on!!

ICN wrote: »
    Yeah.. it sounds like Tresor!!

I'm A/B'ing a bunch of different tracks here on a CD.. just to see what something I'm working on sounds like through the stereo.

Jeesus.. Had to run over to the Volume when Books came on!!

yeah sorry about that, I smashed the fook out of it. I'm going to loudness wars hell.

yeah sorry about that, I smashed the fook out of it. I'm going to loudness wars hell.

Loud - ok.. but still very clean sounding.

Modern technology, eh?!

playing live on kitchen sync in a few minutes, if you want to harp in and give some feedback that would be great

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kitchen-sync

• Advertisement

Here;s a collab I was working on today with Al Keegan

Al Keegan & Kid Handsome - Ugly, Sick, Broke & Stupid

Decided to do something a bit different.
    Feedback welcome of course.:pac:

Advertisement