Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse

• 02-06-2009 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

New album 'The Resistance' out in October hopefully, and they've just announced a European tour which includes a certain large venue on Dublin Quays on November 7th (My Birthday :) )

They've recorded a tune called 'United States of Eurasia' which is 13 minutes long and has about 10 different parts.

Really can't wait to hear this!

What a year for albums so far!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Jaysus I used to love that band. Showbiz was all I would listen and the second album was decent enough too, but after that kinda lost interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Jaysus I used to love that band. Showbiz was all I would listen and the second album was decent enough too, but after that kinda lost interest.

My favourite Muse album :D Some teen angst classics like Uno, Muscle Museum and Sunburn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

I dunno,I tried and failed many,many times to get into them,but I just find nothing there to bring me back to the albums for a second time.

I dunno,I tried and failed many,many times to get into them,but I just find nothing there to bring me back to the albums for a second time.

I think you really need to see them in a live environment (preferably indoors) to fully appreciate them

Maybe so but my financial situation has put paid to any gigs for me this summer.

• Advertisement

Maybe so but my financial situation has put paid to any gigs for me this summer.

They're not playing here til November to get saving|! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My favourite band ever and I've loved everything they've released, but a 13 minute, 10 part song sounds too much like modern Green Day so I'm sceptical to say the least.

I'll still go see them for a 7th time though when they hit Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I'm so excited for album/tour!

Hmm now that you say it I've only seen them outside so the indoor gig will be a new experience!

Seen em in The Temple Bar Music Centre/Button Factory when I was 14 back in 2000 supporting Elastica

There were about 50 people there and it was a life-changing experience! Unreal! First time they ever played Plug In Baby too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I used to love muse a few years ago. kind of fell out of love with them though, don't really know why. might go listen to some muse now actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

seen them last year , was amazing ! defo going to this :) ( oxygen , muse , placebo .. its looking good :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I went to see them in Marlay Park last year (front row of the pit :)) and it was absolutely insane, hands down the best gig of my life. If the O2 is half as good as that night, it'll still be an amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭MrSparkle

Just got 2 tickets in the o2 presale thingy. That gig in Marlay park was awesome, saw them in the Point 2 years ago aswell where they were also awesome! They're a fantastic live band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I used to love muse a few years ago. kind of fell out of love with them though, don't really know why. might go listen to some muse now actually

Yeah i was massive fan in the day, had all the albums and the live album and all but absolution was 50% awesome & 50% crap, and everything after that was just meh to me. A band that seem to have had their popularity surge the more mediocre their output

0ubliette wrote: »
    absolution was 50% awesome & 50% crap

Very true, didn't really like that album at all, Black Holes and Revelations was better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I just bought pre sale tickets today for them later this year. can anyone tell me are the pre-sale tickets for seating sold from the back of the arena down, because this is the 2nd time now I've done it this year and I've ended up further away than expected.

Not that I mind cause I hear all the views are great from inside the O2 seating area. I've only been once and was standing.

MrSparkle wrote: »
    Just got 2 tickets in the o2 presale thingy. That gig in Marlay park was awesome, saw them in the RDS 2 years ago aswell where they were also awesome! They're a fantastic live band

Don't re-call them ever playing the RDS mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My favourite band ever and I've loved everything they've released, but a 13 minute, 10 part song sounds too much like modern Green Day so I'm sceptical to say the least.

I'll still go see them for a 7th time though when they hit Oz.

Or it could be a Citizen Erased type affair only longer, now that would be awesome.

I have seen Muse live aout 8 times, including the acoustic set in the olympia after their gear didnt make it to Dublin. Last time i seen them was in Wembley, was awesome.

To be honest though ive totally lost intrest in them and their later stuff...although origin of symmetry will always be one of my favourite albums ever.

Don't re-call them ever playing the RDS mate

You're right sorry, it was The Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Tickets just purchased!

• Advertisement

Or it could be a Citizen Erased type affair only longer, now that would be awesome.

I have seen Muse live aout 8 times, including the acoustic set in the olympia after their gear didnt make it to Dublin. Last time i seen them was in Wembley, was awesome.

To be honest though ive totally lost intrest in them and their later stuff...although origin of symmetry will always be one of my favourite albums ever.

It was the support band JJ72 who lost their gear and played an acoustic set, Muse were fully electric that night and blew the roof off the place- best gig I've ever seen in the Olympia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ye the memory is hazy!! It was awesome, but i prefer the dates a few years back when they did the olympia. I went both nights it was that awesome!! Them gigs and the one they did in dublin castlee were the best of them all i think....

Ye the memory is hazy!! It was awesome, but i prefer the dates a few years back when they did the olympia. I went both nights it was that awesome!! Them gigs and the one they did in dublin castlee were the best of them all i think....

Yup, the 2 nights in The Olympia for the Absolution tour were deadly, still prefered the first time they played it in 2000 with JJ72 though!

Dublin Castle was weird, The Hives were supporting but I just wasn't feeling it like I normally do at Muse gigs- getting kicked out twice for crowd surfing and being pissed as a fart didn't help! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mr.S wrote: »
    Bought me a standing ticket just there, muse + a venue like the o2 = win.

Not as much win as when they used to play smaller venues like the Olympia. The last gig in The Point in 07 was horrible in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

New album 'The Resistance' out in October
    Yeeeeeessssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

saw them at oxegen in 2007 and in marley park last year.
    by far one of the best band I've seen live, can't wait for the new album.
    Am broke at the moment so not sure if i'll be able to get a ticket, but if they don't sell out I'll definitly buy one in a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Does anyone else not think that it i a seriously dodgy album name no?

Does anyone else not think that it i a seriously dodgy album name no?

I think it's great! 'Origin of Symmetry' is a ridiculous album title :D

As is Absolution,Black Holes and Revelations and Hullaballoo.

• Advertisement

As is Absolution,Black Holes and Revelations and Hullaballoo.

Thesaurus: hullabaloo Top
    Home > Library > Literature & Language > Thesaurus

also hullaballoo

noun
    1. Sounds or a sound, especially when loud, confused, or disagreeable: babel, clamor, din, hubbub, noise, pandemonium, racket, rumpus, tumult, uproar. See sounds/pleasant sounds/unpleasant sounds/neutral sounds or silence.
    2. Offensively loud and insistent utterances, especially of disapproval: clamor, outcry, rumpus, uproar, vociferation. Idioms: hue and cry. See like/dislike, sounds/pleasant sounds/unpleasant sounds/neutral sounds or silence.
    Did exactly what it said on the tin! :D

Advertisement