Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hiding from the Evil Sun

• 02-06-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

So,how are ye all hiding from the sun?
    Luckily,my job is in permanent cold shade,but i have been nyomming ice pops and drinking fancy sodas as much as possible.

How are the other nocs doing?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm barely hanging in there. All windows open all shades down.

I even had...to...walk... in it...

*Runs off crying*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm all hot ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Like this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I got burnt on sunday
    just read the paper... and became a lobster :(
    Using lots of aloe vera....

Hiding indoors... wearing very little, have a fan on, been eating icecream and fruit from the fridge.
    HALP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Went for a walk at lunchtime. Melting now. Wish we had... a...

*suddenly remembers we have a fan*

Will be ajourning to my nice shady balcony at home as soon as I can manage it!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I spent most of the weekend in a hospital and then yesterday was between car and shops and today am in work... So thus far its almost like the flamey cancer ball doesn't exist! Surrounded by red people though!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Flipping heating is stuck on in our office. :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'm shrivelling up here. :(

Stuck in an office with no air conditioning and I think it's actually cooler outside than in here. :eek: :(:(:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Air Con is on in boards.hq and my wee USB DeskFan is on overdrive. I'm managing. The trip out to Dunnes for lunch was not plesant. I have a softball game to play later on too and just realised I left my mitt at home so need to go get it quick! *melts*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

im nice and cool in work , on might say cold!! i love aircon

going to beach later tho *gets sunblock ready* <--- yes i wear sunblock , otherwise my skin would major burn *sniff*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Too bloody hot. I get irritable in hot weather. If this continues I may have to destroy the sun.

Sarky wrote: »
    Too bloody hot. I get irritable in hot weather. If this continues I may have to destroy the sun.

The cancer ball has it coming. You will find no friends of it here.

Bah. I retreat to the other side of the house, and glare reflects off the car window outside straight into my eyes. That bloated sack of hydrogen fusion is pushing it.

Oh, wait, a cloud. About bloody time!

Seriously I got to go out in it in about 15 minutes. It better behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

emo!! wrote: »
    going to beach later tho *gets sunblock ready* <--- yes i wear sunblock , otherwise my skin would major burn *sniff*

I put on sunscreen to walk to the shop at lunchtime. There will be no burning of skin!

The one I bought at the weekend was factor 50+, for "sun intolerant skin", hehe.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have to sit on a train for 2.5 hours this evening in this heat... I shall just fill up a large water bottle and read my book. I've also already been out in it today for a run this morning.

I'm also amazed that I'm not sunburnt after yesterday, I'm too pale for this weather!
    *cuddles bottle of P20*

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I have to sit on a train for 2.5 hours this evening in this heat... I shall just fill up a large water bottle and read my book. I've also already been out in it today for a run this morning.

I'm also amazed that I'm not sunburnt after yesterday, I'm too pale for this weather!
    *cuddles bottle of P20*
    Hope you don't have to travel in the older train carriages still in service. Otherwise you'll know how microwave popcorn feels:eek:

If you can read this, you're too close!

Some evil woman just tried to tempt me out to the beach with promises of shirtlessness.

I saw through her evil glamour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Some evil woman just tried to tempt me out to the beach with promises of shirtlessness.

I saw through her evil glamour though.

If she comes back with promises of pantslessness it's your duty to go!

I may have spent the morning snoozing in the backgarden with the dog. :cool:

If she comes back with promises of pantslessness it's your duty to go!

Duty nothing. I have my principles, and I'm sticking to them. She can come back when the rain starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Next doors sunbed has been going all day. People are wierd. :D

Duty nothing. I have my principles, and I'm sticking to them. She can come back when the rain starts.

respect. Learn from this man, people. The death ball must not succeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

I bathe in factor 50 then scuttle between the shadows when I have to go outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Managing to sit between where the light from one window ends and the next window's light begins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yesterday it was 33C in central Illinois and my glasses steamed up as soon as I left the library building. Even in the shade you get gusts of hot wind! :( I've been drinking Gatorade before work, keeps me cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

shellyboo wrote: »
    I put on sunscreen to walk to the shop at lunchtime. There will be no burning of skin!

The one I bought at the weekend was factor 50+, for "sun intolerant skin", hehe.

i used that one too:)

ive been out relaxing and studying in the sun.even went to the beach all day yesterday,there may even have been skinny dipping.i like the warm weather just dont like the burning.:)

I can't face it anymore. I'm holed up inside where it is cool.
    27 degrees my hole. It is scorching out there.
    And all the Mr. Frezzers were sold out in my local.
    AND I have a million new freckles.

~glowers~

Bah Humbug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you get rain you have to share and send some my way.
    Curtains pulled, windows opened, made a LOT of ice last night.

Bring some ice cream and you have yourself a deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's still tshirt-warm here, just after 11pm, that's kinda wrong :eek:

Advertisement