Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Hiding from the Evil Sun

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,970 Sarky

What I should do is buy a f*cktonne of mirrors, leave them out at night, and let the sun's evil magic backfire on itself come the dawn.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭ cyberwolf77

Sarky wrote: »
    What I should do is buy a f*cktonne of mirrors, leave them out at night, and let the sun's evil magic backfire on itself come the dawn.
    Tried that, it didn't work. Roasted a couple of seagulls by accident though.

I'm not fond of seagulls either. Good show.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭ cyberwolf77

Tasted fine with a little tabasco sauce on them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Shiminay

If everyone put mirrors on their roof, would it help stop global warming? We should investigate...

• Advertisement

More to the point, if we all put mirrors on our roofs, could we focus the reflected energy to immolate our enemies?

Absolutely! With a targeting geo-synchronous orbiting satellite which could beam the heat wherever I needed - take that Golden Eye!

Ban ME from the Nocturnal forum will you?!

I mean, um, yeah, take that Goldeneye.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ScumLord

The sun is a curse on this planet. My trip to Amsterdam was ruined by "good" weather. My pasty Irish skin almost burst into flames while I wandered around The dampkring for two hours trying to find my way back to the zoo. Then I got just as lost in Brugge I was drinking like a fish and the top shelf hash I brought with me from Amsterdam just put me in a hoop meaning I saw none of Brugge.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭✭ ChasingDreams

It wasn't sunny today, thank God! I refuse to go outside when it's sunny. However, since I'm going on a holiday to California on Friday, the sun might be a bit hard to avoid. :(

• Advertisement

It wasn't sunny today, thank God! I refuse to go outside when it's sunny. However, since I'm going on a holiday to California on Friday, the sun might be a bit hard to avoid. :(
    Well you should have a great time in the hotel room then.

Well you should have a great time in the hotel room then.

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭ SmileyPaul

oxegen...... Im gonna have to sit in my tent til it gets cloudy :S
    ah well! :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭ randylonghorn

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    oxegen...... Im gonna have to sit in my tent til it gets cloudy :S
    ah well! :P
    By the looks of it, you won't be spending much time in the tent! :rolleyes:

Looks like we're going to have The Plague of Mudbabies all over again!

Welcome, Ms. ChasingDreams.

By the looks of it, you won't be spending much time in the tent! :rolleyes:

Looks like we're going to have The Plague of Mudbabies all over again!

Welcome, Ms. ChasingDreams.

Why thank you, Mr. randylonghorn :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 lankysexybeast

screw all of you the sun over here is horrid i nearly have a new lair of skin for the factor 6billion i have to wear stupid bastard of a carpet light that it is...... the sky is a carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 anonymous_joe

I'm off to Spain.

Hmmm.

Aviators, check.

Sunscreen, check.

Aw yeah. :cool:

Should keep me relatively safe from the perfidious orb of unholy light.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭ randylonghorn

I'm off to Spain.

Hmmm.

Aviators, check.

Sunscreen, check.

Aw yeah. :cool:

Should keep me relatively safe from the perfidious orb of unholy light.
    Have you considered bringing some clothes too?

Isn't one Spunóg enough in any forum? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 anonymous_joe

Hmmm. Might be worth a look. Ah sure I can pack in the morn.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Doctor DooM

Whats with the sudden Flancer ball today in Dublin city? Nearly killed the poor DooM. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,301 trowelled

Whats with the sudden Flancer ball today in Dublin city? Nearly killed the poor DooM. :(

Aww poor Doomy. Tis grey out here in Maynooth. the sun has not attacked here today

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Doctor DooM

trowelled wrote: »
    Aww poor Doomy. Tis grey out here in Maynooth. the sun has not attacked here today

Yeah I am back in Celbridge and our friends the clouds have sorted out the flancer ball for me. :)

The flancer ball is trying to fry me! I need a better hideout.

I was in Cork at the weekend - they told us it'd be "bad" weather (as in cloudy and rainy - perfect if you ask me), but I ended up getting sunburnt :mad:

I had a word with Thor and he made sure it was cloudy and colder the following day...

Advertisement