Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding from the Evil Sun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    hmm :( I don't like the cloud ,

Working out in the sun the last week , very tough but got a bit of colour :)

The sun will come out soon :)
    NO it wont!
    please rain! and please dont stop raining until the 18th, everyone else please do some kind of rain dance just to help the people doin the leaving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've mostly been staying indoors but had to walk around Cork for ages yesterday. Managed to avoid being burnt thankfully.
    I don't like the sun but I am glad it's not raining. Ideal weather would be breezy, mild and dry.....well actually the ideal weather would be snow, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Clearly you should shamble to the beach, strip of your clothes and curl up on a damp, dank and fetid rock and sleep.

o_O

that sounds disturbingly close to my last saturday night.

o_O

that sounds disturbingly close to my last saturday night.
    lol
    high five! :P
    thats how i wanna spend my summer eve's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

lolly22 wrote: »
    :eek:

I think too much sun has got to your head scatty :(
    Just my face :D
    You have nothing good to say about it , it was mean to you and good to me
    **hugs**
    SmileyPaul wrote: »
    NO it wont!
    please rain! and please dont stop raining until the 18th, everyone else please do some kind of rain dance just to help the people doin the leaving :)

It's a rite of passage to be stuck in while it is sunny during the LC

• Advertisement

**hugs**

It's a rite of passage to be stuck in while it is sunny during the LC
    who's face is scatty? *look of disgust* :P
    and yeah so it seems... its not a rite of poxy passage to have an exam on a saturday though is it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

who's face is scatty? *look of disgust* :P
    and yeah so it seems... its not a rite of poxy passage to have an exam on a saturday though is it?!
    You get them on Saturdays in UCD**shrugs**

yeah but Im not used to this sort of stuff :(
    and its starting to clear up (the weather) I hate my life right now.... I'm getting disgustingly intoxicated after the lc :P

lol
    high five! :P
    thats how i wanna spend my summer eve's

are you kidding? it's ****ing winter here!

are you kidding? it's ****ing winter here!
    well I'll have my fun :P

why were you there then?

• Advertisement

my mate lives across the road, quite literally, from the beach.

he had a party.

we got drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

**hugs**

Sadly this here is true and its still ooooouchies

But all the clouds and a little sprikle of rain are making up for it now :D

See you in a while and everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alivebynight

Sarky wrote: »
    Bah. I retreat to the other side of the house, and glare reflects off the car window outside straight into my eyes. That bloated sack of hydrogen fusion is pushing it.

Oh, wait, a cloud. About bloody time!

It was 45 degrees celsius for almost a week, thank god i sleep during the day
    finally a forest fire started near here and the smoke blocked out the cancer ball. Now its an even 20 degrees. Whoever started that fire deserves a medal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 alivebynight

Too bloody hot. I get irritable in hot weather. If this continues I may have to destroy the sun.

Let me help you with that, we'll launch a large satellite into an orbit that keeps it aligned between the sun and the earth thus effectively blocking out the sun.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Listen flancerball, we've already had this out.

I'm not impressed by this "shining" stuff. GO AWAY.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Let me help you with that, we'll launch a large satellite into an orbit that keeps it aligned between the sun and the earth thus effectively blocking out the sun.
    I love this idea.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Sounds like something from a James Bond film... oh wait :)

Space lasers \o/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

That or we build the mother of all fire extinguishers and fire it into the heart of the flamey cancer ball. We just need a pilotstupid, I mean brave enough to volunteer to fly it into the flancer ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Almost two weeks ago I stupidly left the house without any SPF (my two friends were rushing me and it didnt look that sunny out so i thought ok fine and ran out)

Ended up sitting outside in it drinking all day..... boy was i scalded that night. usually sunburn for me anyway fades after a few days. mine has not. You can still see where i got burnt. :(

Lesson learned for me for summer 09 anyway! All i can say is thankgod theres a nice SPF built into my facial moisturiser or damn i would look even more stupid right now!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

In France, it was hot and sunny. It was fierce. I however had the SPF 50 on the go all the time and I remain mostly white (with some light tanning on my arms and face). My friend who decided that using this aerosol spray instead of temporarily sticky sun-cream. Her skin turned purple with burning - it was horrendous until I gave her most of my after sun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

HALP... so hot... again.... what can me and my dogs do but hide??
    ModivationalDaisy.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I have to go to a country where there's even more flancer ball. :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

SDooM wrote: »
    I have to go to a country where there's even more flancer ball. :(:(:(

:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

I wake up at 7pm to avoid the sun.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's the kind of thinking that gets you ahead in life. Well done.

I only went outside while it was dark on my holidays, was actually great :D

I work third shift to avoid the sun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I have thick curtains. Occasionally I peek out to shake my fist at the sky. But not too often, too much sunlight is bad for you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I have thick curtains. Occasionally I peek out to shake my fist at the sky. But not too often, too much sunlight is bad for you.

Vitamin D, bleurgh.

• Advertisement

Sunlight is almost as bad as silver to be honest.

Advertisement