Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake girls Vs Girl Next Door?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

liah wrote: »
    Men are hypocrites. As much as they say they love the "girl next door" look, 9 times out of 10 they'll be all over the dolled up one, even if the "girl next door" type is as good or better looking without the makeup or the outfits.

Just need to pay attention in a pub or club to see that.

thats why women dress up like whores though ,they love the attention

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

javaboy wrote: »
    The girl next door to me is 78. :(

I knew it. I knew you'd slip up eventually. Finally, the last piece of the puzzle falls into place. Expect a package to arrive soon.
    If you walked into a club and saw two identical twin girls, one with makeup looking like this (although slightly less shiny), and one without makeup looking like this, which would you pick?

Used pics of Adriana Lima to take out the comparison of two different hot chicks.

There's no point doing that though. I'm never going to walk into a club and be met with two Adrian Lima's, one more made up than the other. There's just no hard and fast rule to what someone's going to find attractive but I see where you are coming from.

The whole "girls without make up" is the equivalent of women who say "sense of humour" is the first thing they look for in a guy. These phrases can be practically translated as, "girls who wear too much make up are completly off putting, a more subtle look is preferred" and "isn't a completely dry shite but not necessarily a comedian either".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    My gf takes about 5 minutes, to put on some foundation and eyeliner and she looks great, am I missing something...?

No, not at all; it's more a celebrity thing. People often reference celebs who they perceive to be natural when making the natural beauty argument, when really, it couldn't be further from the truth, Lauren Conrad in this thread for example.

Girls in real life don't need to try so hard, usually, but there still are quite a few who spend hours trying to get the perfect wavy/tousled/slightly messy and natural looking imperfect hair, perfect-looking skin, etc. to create the impression they're naturally flawless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Alright, let's see.

If you walked into a club and saw two identical twin girls, one with makeup looking like this (although slightly less shiny), and one without makeup looking like this, which would you pick?

Used pics of Adriana Lima to take out the comparison of two different hot chicks.

She's obviously a stunner no matter what you do to her, but I reckon an awful lot more men in the real world would choose #1 over #2, regardless of what men are saying here.

You're generalising way too much.
    I'd prefer the girl next door look any day of the week.
    I think girls look rancid covered in all that shlte.

I know a couple of really good looking girls who look way better when they're lounging about the house that when they go out covered in makeup.
    I honestly don't get how fellas could go for trashy lookin yokes like that Jordan wan.

I suppose it's fair enough that alot of girls need makeup due to bad skin etc. but the one's that don't shouldn't bother.

You're generalising way too much.

It's quicker, and most people are competent enough to realize that it is simply a generalization and doesn't ACTUALLY represent everyone. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

stovelid wrote: »
    I think your mate should find herself some new friends. Her current ones seem like judgmental sleeveens.

+1

Im very suspicious of your motives here OP its quite common knowledge that class wins over trash/fake hands down. I think your some what judgmental and perhaps jealous of your friend and are seeking an ego boost & that you completely manipulated the outcomes! Each post further confirms what you already knew like hands massaging your ego.
    Tuff **** if your mate gets more attention, its probably not positive attention that a respectable 'girl next door' would want in the first place, but you knew that eh?
    For the record i think Lauren is far from a girl next door.. Perhaps Lauren without the professional makeover treatment everyday might be a perfect girl next door as shes presented shes seriously high maintenance.

anyway on the subject of the Hills girls...my preference is for Lo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    My gf takes about 5 minutes, to put on some foundation and eyeliner and she looks great, am I missing something...?

I dunno.... the single life maybe? ;)

Personally I prefer not to have the imprint of a girl's face perfectly preserved in makeup on my pillow in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I'm never going to walk into a club and be met with two Adrian Lima's...

Whoops. Just noticed this. Freudian slip, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I dunno.... the single life maybe? ;)

Personally I prefer not to have the imprint of a girl's face perfectly preserved in makeup on my pillow in the morning.

so just bend her over the desk then,simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

FYI That LC woman is far from 'natural'.

I don't like make up, it's too much work. I wear a bit of eyeshadow and mascara. If I'm getting fancied up I'll put on some eye liner and lipstick too but no foundation cr*p or bronzer or any of that stuff. 10 minutes max is all that should be spent putting on make up for a night out, leaves more time for fun and drinking and hanging out and whatnot. That's what guys are more into... well, my other half is anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ironically, I just saw my next door neighbour and she was bright orange.

This girl is pale and ginger naturally, and now her skin matches her hair :pac:

I hate the fake look because it really sends out a vibe that the girl in hideous under all the slap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

we need pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

give me a normal girl next door anytime. fake girls are revolting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Piriz wrote: »
    +1

Im very suspicious of your motives here OP its quite common knowledge that class wins over trash/fake hands down.

Actually, girls of whatever type that go hands down win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

This post has been deleted.

It wasn't that great, to be honest.

Not as ground-breaking as the revelation that all women who wear make-up and look hot are always less intelligent than one of the idealized virgin-next-door types.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

we need pics

this thread seriously needs more girlie photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jbl123

Piriz wrote: »
    Im very suspicious of your motives here OP its quite common knowledge that class wins over trash/fake hands down. I think your some what judgmental and perhaps jealous of your friend and are seeking an ego boost & that you completely manipulated the outcomes! Each post further confirms what you already knew like hands massaging your ego.
    I'd have to agree here. I think what you are doing is quite transparent. My guess is that what type men prefer is based on which phase of life they are in. In other words, are they just looking for fun or something more serious? There are times when they probably perfer Girls Next Door. But if that's what they are really seeking, I doubt they'd be searching for it in a club.

I think your "friend" gets noticed more in clubs because her look is brighter, more colorful, more eye-catching. Who knows? Maybe the orange fake tan makes her glow in the dark. Drunk guys don't really go for subtlety.

Anyway, quit being competitive with your friend. That in itself is unattractive. There are plenty of men to go around for the both of you. Next time you are out, why not approach guys you find interesting instead of obsessing over this other girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I have a friend who I go for nights out with. Now this girl is one of my best friends but she really dolls herself up, covers herself in fake tan, wears big fake eyelashes, bright pink lipstick, thick hair extensions. I think she looks good, but fake. She always looks attractive and never trashy and has a gorgeous slim figure. She's your typical D4 head. She looks just like the pic of Jordan below (her makeup is exactly like hers in this pic) but she doesnt dress like that!!

Me on the other hand, im more a girl-next-door type. I wear bronzer but no fake tan. I dont wear fake eye lashes. My lipstick is subtle and my hair is natural. I dress nicely but not too over the top. On a night out my typical look is like Lauren Conrad in the picture below (girl on left).

Anyway, Ive noticed a lot of the time when we go out a lot of attention is drawn to us. I find that men will chat to me but are mostly drawn to her. When it comes to choosing they not always, but usually, pick her.

So anyway, I just want to know why guys in general seem more attracted to the fake type. And out of interest, if you came across 2 girls like in the pics below, who would you seem more drawn to? I choose these pics because they are the closest comparison to the type of girls i am describing.

also im not sure if i have chosen the right forum for this, please move if i havent.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/clubenvy/KatiePriceLaunchingNewClothingLineK.jpg

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/070802_b_conrad.jpg

For the natural Lauren Conrad photo you should know that guys want to offer her their jacket if she looks like she might possibly feel the cold. Marvel at how her nose crinkles so cutely when she smiles and watch her eyes dance when some charmingly silly little thing should amuse her. Later they will listen, entranced as she recounts her long and detailed shoe-shopping stories all evening long.

Now for the fake gal; guys just want to bend her over the nearest couch and bang her like a barn door.

- There's no mystery here :confused:

P.S. @ Liah - your notion that men prefer a woman to be liberally coated in a 1mm film of sticky, stainy, icky, smelly, funny tasting brown goo is misguided based on all of my observations!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

So anyway, I just want to know why guys in general seem more attracted to the fake type.

But sure, everybody is fake when they're out. There's no such thing as a constructed "natural look," your use of that phrase is a complete fallacy.

Same thing for lads, look at how we're dressed on nights out. Stupid fucking mullets and a four-inch-high, Brylcreemed-soaked helmet of hair isn't what we naturally look like, it's just a clever ploy to lure women. If I'm correct in my studies, we don't "naturally" smell like Lynx or aftershave either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Men are hypocrites. As much as they say they love the "girl next door" look, 9 times out of 10 they'll be all over the dolled up one, even if the "girl next door" type is as good or better looking without the makeup or the outfits.

Just need to pay attention in a pub or club to see that.

yeah but there useually skanky ass shallow biatchs
    :) the glamoures one's that is..

Alright, let's see.

She's obviously a stunner no matter what you do to her, but I reckon an awful lot more men in the real world would choose #1 over #2, regardless of what men are saying here.

There's a problem with this i like point chins girl 2 has a nicer chin then girl 1

I also wonder sometimes whether or not guys realize how much effort a lot of girls put into looking natural. Tousled hair, perfect "natural" skin, and "simple" eye makeup can actually take hours.

Lauren Conrad in that picture is definitely not natural, she's made up to look natural, so you never really know what you're getting.

then your sort of defeating the hole process of looking Natural In a way which is Ironic I think :confused:

• Advertisement

There's a problem with this i like point chins girl 2 has a nicer chin then girl 1

...they're the exact same girl :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

what if a girl is a bit of both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

...they're the exact same girl :eek:

:eek:

oh well :o she dont look like the same girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

I have a friend who I go for nights out with. Now this girl is one of my best friends but she really dolls herself up, covers herself in fake tan, wears big fake eyelashes, bright pink lipstick, thick hair extensions. I think she looks good, but fake. She always looks attractive and never trashy and has a gorgeous slim figure. She's your typical D4 head. She looks just like the pic of Jordan below (her makeup is exactly like hers in this pic) but she doesnt dress like that!!

Me on the other hand, im more a girl-next-door type. I wear bronzer but no fake tan. I dont wear fake eye lashes. My lipstick is subtle and my hair is natural. I dress nicely but not too over the top. On a night out my typical look is like Lauren Conrad in the picture below (girl on left).

Anyway, Ive noticed a lot of the time when we go out a lot of attention is drawn to us. I find that men will chat to me but are mostly drawn to her. When it comes to choosing they not always, but usually, pick her.

So anyway, I just want to know why guys in general seem more attracted to the fake type. And out of interest, if you came across 2 girls like in the pics below, who would you seem more drawn to? I choose these pics because they are the closest comparison to the type of girls i am describing.

also im not sure if i have chosen the right forum for this, please move if i havent.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/clubenvy/KatiePriceLaunchingNewClothingLineK.jpg

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/070802_b_conrad.jpg

How in gods name are Conrad and Heidi the girl next door? They're as fake as they come. They only difference between those two pics is that the first one is dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The girl next door, glammer girls, 78 year olds, if your in your in just go for it! Its cheaper than watching playboy channel and you dont have to clean up the mess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

So she wears fake tan and you wear bronzer? How on earth is bronzer any more natural than fake tan? They both do the same thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

They all seem fake.

I can't stand a girl that wears 2 inches of makeup

..But if she looks likes an ass face without it.. id say wear it honey.. i wont be around in the morning when its being taken off..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I prefer fake girls.

Seriously though, every guy is going to say the girl next door type or the natural looking type (no make up, laid back appearance etc).

But then both 'types' can do it the extreme, absolutely no effort at all, or totally OTT with make up, obsessive about appearance etc.

I don't mind 'fake' girls at all when it suits them e.g. Jordan (pretty funny girl actually), or the next door type eg. Kate Winslet (another cool girl, imo).

I always loved goth girls (again when it suits and done right).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mollypop

Anyone watching the Late Late? Robbie Keane's wife - totaly girl next door, apart of course from the fake tan, teeth, lashes, nails....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Gay Byrne got his sendoff from U2 with a Harley Davidson. Plank gets Robbie Keane and an Ireland shirt. Seems fair enough? Although that said I probably would have got him Richy Kavanagh and a signed copy of one of his singles on cassette.

Advertisement