Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake girls Vs Girl Next Door?

Options
  • 22-05-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a friend who I go for nights out with. Now this girl is one of my best friends but she really dolls herself up, covers herself in fake tan, wears big fake eyelashes, bright pink lipstick, thick hair extensions. I think she looks good, but fake. She always looks attractive and never trashy and has a gorgeous slim figure. She's your typical D4 head. She looks just like the pic of Jordan below (her makeup is exactly like hers in this pic) but she doesnt dress like that!!

Me on the other hand, im more a girl-next-door type. I wear bronzer but no fake tan. I dont wear fake eye lashes. My lipstick is subtle and my hair is natural. I dress nicely but not too over the top. On a night out my typical look is like Lauren Conrad in the picture below (girl on left).

Anyway, Ive noticed a lot of the time when we go out a lot of attention is drawn to us. I find that men will chat to me but are mostly drawn to her. When it comes to choosing they not always, but usually, pick her.

So anyway, I just want to know why guys in general seem more attracted to the fake type. And out of interest, if you came across 2 girls like in the pics below, who would you seem more drawn to? I choose these pics because they are the closest comparison to the type of girls i am describing.

also im not sure if i have chosen the right forum for this, please move if i havent.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/clubenvy/KatiePriceLaunchingNewClothingLineK.jpg

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/070802_b_conrad.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It depends. Do you roide on a first date?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They all seem fake.

I can't stand a girl that wears 2 inches of makeup

If you look like Lauren Conrad, I suppose I'd give ya a lash though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If the girls looks easy and your out for one thing............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

girls next door tend to be more suprising...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Girls like that are like glow sticks at a rave, great fun on the night but nackered and useless the next day.

-Funk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

i would horse them both for the sake of equality

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Fake girl next door ftw.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Girl next door. Every time.

Got to worry about someone attracted to fake-i-ness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

In my experience, the girl next door is more liable to do teh anal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think your mate should find herself some new friends. Her current ones seem like judgmental sleeveens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Girl Next Door

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

They spot the Jordan-alike first because of all the bright colours and sparkly things make them look like a clown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Girl Next Door - the other type just looks like trash.
    They might not be in reality - but they sure look like it.

"Girl Next Door" or more natural look definately.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

Without real pictures of you and your girlfriend its hard to make any comparsions, your idea of fake / girl next door could be way off, for all we know both of you could be complete mingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Girl next door = girlfriend material
    Trashy look = Dirty roide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

In order for us to answer your question in the normal After Hours fashion you are going o have to post a photo of yourself so our experts can advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

the girl next door...
    cause i cant afford the taxi fare what with the recession

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Let's simplify the original question:
    "Who would you rather shag: Katie Price or Lauren Conrad?"

Me: Lauren Conrad - based on those pics anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Girl next door types always. Fake girls are usually c*nts.
    Also, pm'd raindrops_21 for date and a ride :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

PJW wrote: »
    Without real pictures of you and your girlfriend its hard to make any comparsions, your idea of fake / girl next door could be way off, for all we know both of you could be complete mingers.

True

Still GND for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

PJW wrote: »

Agreed. This isn't a "please post pics" plea. I just find it hard to believe that either of you are at the extreme you describe. There are a million reasons why someone could attract more attention than someone else. You're going to have to puzzle this one out for yourself OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Men are hypocrites. As much as they say they love the "girl next door" look, 9 times out of 10 they'll be all over the dolled up one, even if the "girl next door" type is as good or better looking without the makeup or the outfits.

Just need to pay attention in a pub or club to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

liah wrote: »
    Men are hypocrites. As much as they say they love the "girl next door" look, 9 times out of 10 they'll be all over the dolled up one, even if the "girl next door" type is as good or better looking without the makeup or the outfits.

I disagree, a certain type of bloke maybe,

much in the same way as a certain type of women go for absolute scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

AH probably wasn't the best place to ask...! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

liah wrote: »

Jealous much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Jealous much :D

No, not really, I'm the exception that proves the rule. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I have a friend who I go for nights out with. Now this girl is one of my best friends but she really dolls herself up, covers herself in fake tan, wears big fake eyelashes, bright pink lipstick, thick hair extensions. I think she looks good, but fake. She always looks attractive and never trashy and has a gorgeous slim figure. She's your typical D4 head. She looks just like the pic of Jordan below (her makeup is exactly like hers in this pic) but she doesnt dress like that!!

Me on the other hand, im more a girl-next-door type. I wear bronzer but no fake tan. I dont wear fake eye lashes. My lipstick is subtle and my hair is natural. I dress nicely but not too over the top. On a night out my typical look is like Lauren Conrad in the picture below (girl on left).

Anyway, Ive noticed a lot of the time when we go out a lot of attention is drawn to us. I find that men will chat to me but are mostly drawn to her. When it comes to choosing they not always, but usually, pick her.

So anyway, I just want to know why guys in general seem more attracted to the fake type. And out of interest, if you came across 2 girls like in the pics below, who would you seem more drawn to? I choose these pics because they are the closest comparison to the type of girls i am describing.

LOL I love the way you are removing yourself from your friend and the "Jordans" of this world because in your defence you're only less of a fraud than her.

And FYI I'd consider a typical D4 head to look like the pair in picture2 (ie like YOU). If you friend looks like Jordan than she's just a freak but at least she's taken the process to its natural conclusion.

I consider the girl-next-door to be just that ie "next door". In reading a book or trying a new recipe perhaps, not out wearing her 'bronzer', worrying why this type seems more attractive than that type and all the while trying to delude herself into thinking she's not a poser just like the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why does she pile so much fake makeup on? Is she insecure about her looks? If so, some a**holes may pick up on this insecurity, and go for her for the easy option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

that amount of make up on Jordan is just silly. Irish/UK girls wear far too much makeup, visiting girls to Ireland pointed this out to me i always thought it was normal till i went to France, Germany etc.
    But at the end of the day we're men and we'll hump whatever we can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

All things being equal, I'll always go for the girl next door. The layers-of-makeup look is highly unappealing (and somewhat laughable if not done correctly), and I've nearly always found the girl next door type to be far friendlier and more down to earth.

As for those who say that guys prefer the dolled-up look: I reckon they don't really prefer it aesthetically, and that they only approach those women because they reckon that they're an easier lay - that they're dressed to be out on the pull.

Advertisement