Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Poker worth learning?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

zuroph wrote: »
    I must get around to learning how to play it someday.

Poker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

hey again Fi, I mean gwhiz.
    I will fully admit I was once where your boyfriend was, pretty much ended a relationship because I got more enjoyment out of poker than some girl always giving out and starting arguments. At the moment I am in a long relationship, but my poker habit is still the same. I still play at least 3 days a week, but I stop so often because I actually want, yes want to spend time with my girlfriend.... my last girlfriend was cool, pretended like she didn't mind I played poker but made fights over the smallest little thing which is obviously due to the fact that I played so much

This girl however, didn't really mind how much I played, and because of that I actually liked her more because she accepted me for me and because of that I decided to change slightly to make her happier...

if you can't deal with a guy who really loves the thrill of poker then you shouldn't be with him so breaking up with him is the best, but me and my ex(her name is actually Fiona) broke up and looking back it was definately better for the both of us as she was nowhere near okay with me sitting in the house and not talking to her even though it was my living... strange I know but I am drunk and rambling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

jesus dougee is a professional?

jesus dougee is a professional?

cant remember having a job and not on the dole.... semi-bum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

I would love to read a book by Lloyd fact! On topic I think anyone who plays even rarely live knows the type of preson OP is discussing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

dougee19 wrote: »
    cant remember having a job and not on the dole.... semi-bum

why dont you draw it, you are entitled to. Claim it wait a few months for that lump sum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭acetking

My wife had the same problem with me playing online and live poker and at christmas just gone she gave me the choice its her or poker :eek:,i do miss her :D:D

a-k-47 wrote: »
    why dont you draw it, you are entitled to. Claim it wait a few months for that lump sum

Don't need it at the moment to be honest, probably should to save for future. After Vegas I more than likely will need that lump sum to have a place to stay, just never really felt okay with getting it, until I saw a **** load of Polish people getting it lately. dayyy tooook our jobbbs!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Don't need it at the moment to be honest, probably should to save for future. After Vegas I more than likely will need that lump sum to have a place to stay, just never really felt okay with getting it, until I saw a **** load of Polish people getting it lately. DEY TUK UOUR JURBS!!!

FYP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

you should take it, look the general he was minted and he did it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Does anyone here still play Champ?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭northwestguy27

zuroph wrote: »
    I must get around to learning how to play it someday.

Lesson 1 - Tonight 9pm!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

hey again Fi, I mean gwhiz.
    I will fully admit I was once where your boyfriend was, pretty much ended a relationship because I got more enjoyment out of poker than some girl always giving out and starting arguments. At the moment I am in a long relationship, but my poker habit is still the same. I still play at least 3 days a week, but I stop so often because I actually want, yes want to spend time with my girlfriend.... my last girlfriend was cool, pretended like she didn't mind I played poker but made fights over the smallest little thing which is obviously due to the fact that I played so much

This girl however, didn't really mind how much I played, and because of that I actually liked her more because she accepted me for me and because of that I decided to change slightly to make her happier...

if you can't deal with a guy who really loves the thrill of poker then you shouldn't be with him so breaking up with him is the best, but me and my ex(her name is actually Fiona) broke up and looking back it was definately better for the both of us as she was nowhere near okay with me sitting in the house and not talking to her even though it was my living... strange I know but I am drunk and rambling

Is this you Tom??? :D heee.... heeee ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Gwhiz, poker is great. All the cool kids are playing it these days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

gwhiz wrote: »
    One detects a note of sarcasim there....
    Let me know where i can get the t-shirt and I will buy him seven... one for every day of the week seeing as he doesn't have time to wash himself anymore!

Maybe if you had'nt nagged him so much he wouldnt have dumped you.:D

***Joke, joke....dont ban me. If you do ....it was worth it******

Jaysoose wrote: »

For pity's sake woman.........KNOW YOUR LIMITS!!!

bantee wrote: »
    Gwhiz, poker is great. All the cool kids are playing it these days :D

Really..... I wanna be cool too so where do I start? I need someone to teach me? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 maxy jazz

I think Poker is for loosers. get a real hobby. sad existence thinking your going to trump the cards. house always wins. better luck with the lotto at 70 million to 1, you did well to dump the creep.

***Joke, joke....dont ban me. If you do ....it was worth it******

One week ban for you Jaysoose for being so mean to me..... sob sob sob
    And for the record everyone, Im glad he is gone. He had a very small dick and and was crap in bed. I mean total fcuking rubbish. Having sex with him was like "throwing a sausage up o'connell street" .... :P

Really..... I wanna be cool too so where do I start? I need someone to teach me? :D

I might be free for some "coaching" sessions;). Are you hot? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

One week ban for you Jaysoose for being so mean to me..... sob sob sob
    And for the record everyone, Im glad he is gone. He had a very small dick and and was crap in bed. I mean total fcuking rubbish. Having sex with him was like "throwing a sausage up o'connell street" .... :P

:eek: relevant much?

**BAcks away from thread**

maxy jazz wrote: »
    I think Poker is for loosers. get a real hobby. sad existence thinking your going to trump the cards. house always wins. better luck with the lotto at 70 million to 1, you did well to dump the creep.

STFU + GTFO

The house is a shark alright :rolleyes:

:eek: relevant much?

**BAcks away from thread**

No.... not really relevant but I just couldn't help myself.... my fingers were typing away and I couldn't stop myself... the anger.... the frustration... at being dumped for POKER.... sob sob.... :P

You are my new hero.

Everyone quick get onto this thread and listen to the "voice of reason" here :rolleyes: WTF does "trump the cards" mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Having sex with him was like "throwing a sausage up o'connell street" .... :P
    Doesnt this mean the lady may have had a cavernous vagina?

bantee wrote: »
    I might be free for some "coaching" sessions;). Are you hot? :D

I am an ugly poker hating nagging WENCH....

lol

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was just about to post similar myself laf.

Quite the dubious brag there gwhiz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement