Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparent Attack in Netherlands *MAY CONTAIN DISTURBING/NSFW IMAGES/LINKS*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

My brother is over in Amsterdam at the moement and mentioned he was going along to see some event about the Dutch Royals and Queen Beatrix .I guess that was it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Am I the only one who doesnt really feel disturbed by these photos? Nothing too dramatic, just dead people.

I was expecting alot worse seeing as he just ploughed through the crowd so injuries like torn limbs etc.

Nope. Although it saddens me that something like this happens I wouldnt say I am disturbed by the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

inforfun wrote: »
    Unconfirmed but apparently the guy was denied access to his kids after a divorce.

So he decides to kill a few children to vent his anger.

Wow, what a retard

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Am I the only one who doesnt really feel disturbed by these photos? Nothing too dramatic, just dead people.

I was expecting alot worse seeing as he just ploughed through the crowd so injuries like torn limbs etc.
    Im the same.
    With everthing on tv etc theres very little nowadays that could disturb me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Nah not broken contorted limbs, they just make say "Ouch" and I can just imagine the pain, doesnt really affect me much.

Hell even watching that ultra-gory Saving Private Ryan starting 20 mins doesnt make me do anything except pause on the gory bits to ask myself what special effects are being used.

Strange really. I feel sympathy for those killed and injured but I wouldnt say Im disturbed or physically sickened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Looking at the pictures it looks like the driver was out cold when he damaged his car which might explain why it drove striaght into the monument rather than the royal bus. Also the girl in the most disturbing picture i think might be alright. In that last video there two people seem to have her sitting up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I feel sympathy for those killed and injured but I wouldnt say Im disturbed or physically sickened.
    Certainly not disturbed by seeing that stuff or sickened by it, that is more just how people are "expected" to react to such situations.

I wouldn't fancy being any of the injured though, and whilst not bothered about looking at the pictures, I'd not want to think too long about how they ended up in some of those positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Holy ****. First i've heard of this. Not on the news at all. Jesus hope the little girl is okay. Guy should be beaten to death imo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

5th dead.
    Reports say it could be the driver himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Feel sick - hopefully he'll get whats coming to him:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Apeldoorn,:eek: got some friends there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No drastic music, no sudden close ups, no slow motion. However, sooner or later, everyone there who saw it will realise what they saw. In certain cases that manifests as Post Traumatic Stress. Its an odd feature of the human mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Just after reading this thread and threw on the 8pm Sky News - no mention of it at all for some reason. Will put on RTE at 9 instead.

Terrible incident to have happen. My thoughts and prayers go out to the injured/dead and their families. As said by other posters, nothing here really shocked me (video/photos), guess I've just become de-sensitised to it. Still though, the OP's photo of the girl did stop my in my tracks for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

robinph wrote: »
    There is certainly several limbs pointing in the wrong direction in some of the pictures from the Dutch news website linked earlier, and one of the YouTube videos shows lots of unconscious bodies across the street with people then giving CPR as well.
    Yeah, I'm not exactly shocked by horrible photos, but the video of the officer giving CPR is pretty rough :(

You can see from that video just how quickly it happened. The guy looking the other direction may have reacted to the screams, and by the time he'd turned his head the car had already passed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Unconfirmed but apparently the guy was denied access to his kids after a divorce.
    Rulings like that in Holland are done "in name of the Queen bla bla bla..."

So he thinks he'll get access to his kids now????

I just pray the Dutch justice system is far better than the Irish system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

According to SBS6 treatment of the suspect has being stopped. Sources from the hospital say he already died?

Video footage from someone in the crowd.

The 9 year old girl, one of the victims.
    She was killed on impact

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Having seen a person killed by a car I can say its one of the worst experiances I have witnessed,still think about till this day,but to think of the victims and their families on what they must be feeling,I cannot even begin to imagine:(

That pic of the little Girl is the most disturbing.That bastard took a life that had only begun,unforgivible:mad:

RIP

The_Edge wrote: »
    According to SBS6 treatment of the suspect has being stopped. Sources from the hospital say he already died?

Video footage from someone in the crowd.

The 9 year old girl, one of the victims.
    She was killed on impact

RIP

According to a Dutch newspaper the 4 confirmed victims are 2 men and 2 women. 1 other dead reported but no identity given of that one.
    Amongst the injured there are 3 kids, aged 9, 15 and 16.
    Dont think the girl got killed but injured.

kelle wrote: »
    So he thinks he'll get access to his kids now????

I just pray the Dutch justice system is far better than the Irish system.

Believe me, the Dutch system is worse. If this guy survives he is looking at 15 years if they can prosecute him for the attack on the Royal family.
    The murderer of Pim Fortuyn got 18, will be out after 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

When will humanity learn that using violence is not a way to sort out issues?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Overheal wrote: »
    What im still trying to figure out is why that honor guard is still standing at ease and looking the other way.

This happened so fast that he didn't even know what was happening, wouldn't blame him. Picture looks bad but not his fault.

The police or whoever they are, were pretty fast to act.

Cannot believe this has happened, pretty horrific... What a bastard to do that to them people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Believe me, the Dutch system is worse. If this guy survives he is looking at 15 years if they can prosecute him for the attack on the Royal family.
    The murderer of Pim Fortuyn got 18, will be out after 12.

Do they not have a sentence similar to the UK where a person is sentenced 'at her majestys pleasure' meaning they have an indefinite sentence and are only released upon approval of the Queen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Sad and all as it is, i'm not bothered either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Right , So this thread has found a few hard men who have no sympathy in their bodies .

I know what ye are thinking ............'' as long as this does not happen to me ''

Well guys believe it or not ........death and tragedy has a habit of knocking on everyones door at some stage .

So my advice is........'watch your backs - your day will come

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

I know this is a weird thing to notice, but I have seen it before in other crashes, does anyone know why peoples shoes seem to come off when they are hit ? Whenever I saw shoes around the place at accidents I thought paramedics did it, but here you can see shoes coming off during the impact and even a long boot in one picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Has anyone heard any details as regards of the injured people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Right , So this thread has found a few hard men who have no sympathy in their bodies .

I know what ye are thinking ............'' as long as this does not happen to me ''

Well guys believe it or not ........death and tragedy has a habit of knocking on everyones door at some stage .

So my advice is........'watch your backs - your day will come

Exactly my sentiments. One wonders if these folks are parents......imagine that that child flying through the air is your own flesh and blood for a second:mad:.
    I've seen a couple of people killed on the roads on different occasions....one whose head was mashed to a pulp under the wheels of a truck.....yet I'm still shocked at the images posted. To be honest, I don't think that they belong in the public domain..... or at least they should be reserved for the sick and depraved to view on Rotten.com et al.

Sweet Jesus, what's up with today's society?:confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

That picture of the little girl in OPs post is so disturbing?!Hope she has survived and recovers:(

Just watched this video (think it might have been posted earlier), the first 3 seconds or so of it show the victims rolling and landing after the impact, definitely given me a chill watching it:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL-MQpXnaxA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Not gory enough for you??? wtf !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

It looks from the OP's first pic that the driver may have been unconscious already when he ploughed through those poor people.

What a tragedy.

Advertisement