Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparent Attack in Netherlands *MAY CONTAIN DISTURBING/NSFW IMAGES/LINKS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

The death toll is still 5, the driver is still alive but braindead.

There's nothing in the news here about a recent divorce, just said that he had recently lost his job. Apparently the rental contract on his house was expiring tomorrow, not sure if he gave notice cos he didn't plan on being around tomorrow or if he was being evicted and that led in some way to his crazy actions.

http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/eb/archive/00432/Holland_14_jpgNY_432540m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭nodolan

I think that video you posted Magnus is in terribly bad taste. I'm really upset by the photos and videos I've seen (linked here). What a horrible thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

nodolan wrote: »
    I think that video you posted Magnus is in terribly bad taste. I'm really upset by the photos and videos I've seen (linked here). What a horrible thing to happen.

Well you were warned. Don't look at linked to material again if it says it may disturb you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

btw Hitler shot himself 64 years ago today, if that could have been a reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Right , So this thread has found a few hard men who have no sympathy in their bodies .

I know what ye are thinking ............'' as long as this does not happen to me ''

Well guys believe it or not ........death and tragedy has a habit of knocking on everyones door at some stage .

So my advice is........'watch your backs - your day will come

Saying they were not disturbed by the images is not the same as saying they have no sympathy.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote:
    Well you were warned. Don't look at linked to material again if it says it may disturb you.
    Context dsmythy context - I was upset by the video and pics - I didn't criticize them - I criticized the 'funny' video posted by someone else which I felt was in bad taste. I'm well able to take the emotional 'hit' of the other stuff. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

This thing is all over the YouTube 'videos being watched right now' charts, and showing up all over the place. That old human fascination eh?

As for what I think: Absolutely insane, stomach turning stuff.
    If you're going to kill the Royal Family in any country do it in a way that doesn't involve being a dickhead and mowing down children. You really sent a message to the monarchy by killing all those 'little people' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

my condolences to all Dutch people, on the forum and in the Netherlands.

had niet moeten gebeuren, innige deelneming.
    (shouldnt have happend, condolences)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I heard on the 9 o'clock news that the driver has died. Link

Death is too good for him.

I heard on the 9 o'clock news that the driver has died. Link

Death is too good for him.

yea, he is a lucky man, facing a long time in jail if he didnt die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

GOURANGA!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There were people hoping he'd live just so that they could ask him why he did it. Scary, scary story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Right , So this thread has found a few hard men who have no sympathy in their bodies .

I know what ye are thinking ............'' as long as this does not happen to me ''

Well guys believe it or not ........death and tragedy has a habit of knocking on everyones door at some stage .

So my advice is........'watch your backs - your day will come

Wow, over react much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Decuc500

dsmythy wrote: »

When I opened this thread yesterday about an hour and a half after it had started there were no warnings about the graphic pictures by the op or any mods. I'll know I'll be accused of being too sensitive here but that isn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Decuc500 wrote: »
    When I opened this thread yesterday about an hour and a half after it had started there were no warnings about the graphic pictures by the op or any mods. I'll know I'll be accused of being too sensitive here but that isn't good enough.

You clicked on links that were showing scenes described as "a car drove through a crowd, injuring at least a dozen".

WTF were you expecting?

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    You clicked on links that were showing scenes described as "a car drove through a crowd, injuring at least a dozen".

WTF were you expecting?

I wasn't expecting to see a picture posted on boards.ie showing the moment of a little girls probable death without the warning that is in place now. There's other sites that cater for this sort of thing that you can't wander into by accident.

I'm not complaining that the picture was posted although there is a reason why you won't see it on any proper news site.

My point is that this place is so heavily moderated normally but it took them 4 pages of this thread to include the 'May contain disturbing images' warning which, lets face it, should have been included by the op in the first place.

Oooh your one of them folks...
    anyway moderators are only human aswell, it may have taken them somewhat longer then should have but it got there in the end.

besides, if you know your a sensitive little soul to begin with, you never should have opened the thread in the first place imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I wasn't expecting to see a picture posted on boards.ie showing the moment of a little girls probable death without the warning that is in place now. There's other sites that cater for this sort of thing that you can't wander into by accident.

I'm not complaining that the picture was posted although there is a reason why you won't see it on any proper news site.

My point is that this place is so heavily moderated normally but it took them 4 pages of this thread to include the 'May contain disturbing images' warning which, lets face it, should have been included by the op in the first place.

I'm pretty sure that the OP had this line on their post from the start or very soon after:
    Please dont look if you think will upset you pictures taken as happening.

If you didn't read their post properly then you can't really blame anyone but yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

And also.... why did you click into the photos????
    A mad man driving through people is never going to be pleasant viewing so even without the ''graffic and upsetting images to come'' line you should have known. Your arguement is a bit pointless imho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I (........)op in the first place.

There were warnings in the posts, the subject matter was clear, and there were comments as regards the content being considered "disturbing". Why this failed to register is not something I can comment on, but suffice to say that there was sufficient material there to give ample warning to the rest of us, before the amended title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Oh really?

'May contain disturbing images'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/8027688.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

I beg to differ with you i went back after few mins and edited
    as seen underneath
    (Please dont look if you think will upset you pictures taken as happening. )
    Last edited by shqipshume; Yesterday at 13:20.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

What I found most disturbing about the photos was the fact that they were hit hard enough for their shoes and socks to come right off. Just can't see how that would happen. Weird.

Think the girl was only injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

chakotha wrote: »
    What I found most disturbing about the photos was the fact that they were hit hard enough for their shoes and socks to come right off. Just can't see how that would happen. Weird.

Think the girl was only injured.
    26 years ago my 16 yr old cousin was killed by a drunk driver just yards from her home in Chapelizod - her shoes were left on the road where she was hit and her body was 20ft away. I don't know exactly how it happens but it does seem to happen a lot when the force/speed is 'deadly' enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

For future reference, the best way to get a moderator's attention is to report the post. The warning would almost certainly have been added to the thread title much quicker if that had been done.

And the OP edited his post about 5 or 6 minutes after posting it to include a warning.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Oh really?

'May contain disturbing images'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/8027688.stm

Yeah, really. Funny, I don't see the picture that I mentioned there.

I have overacted here. I know that. I'm not a prude. I've seen much more disturbing images or videos. I'm not one of 'them folks', omyatari, whoever 'they' are and I'm not leading a righteous crusade to rid the web of 'inappropriate' images we shouldn't be allowed access to.
    I realise, OP, that there was a warning there. I felt at the time the warnings weren't strong enough. The thread title has since been amended. But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It's a pretty shocking image.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

But if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
    You are, but at least you accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Really shocking stuff. The strange thing is that the Dutch queen has the highest approval rating of any European monarch (something like 85%).

You have to wonder at the mentality of the guy perpetrating it. Yes, he was denied access to his kids 'in the name of the Queen' but I'm sure she knows little about it. Heard also that he'd lost his job and was about to be evicted because he couldn't afford his rent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just becasue you don't read Dutch does not mean that the links in the first post were not from a proper site.

Advertisement