Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparent Attack in Netherlands *MAY CONTAIN DISTURBING/NSFW IMAGES/LINKS*

Options
  • 30-04-2009 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

an apparent attack on the Dutch royal family at a parade in Apeldoorn, Netherlands, has failed, but not before a car drove through a crowd, injuring at least a dozen. The vehicle was headed in the direction of Queen Beatrix before it crashed; the royal family watched in awe.
    :(:mad:

http://www.geenstijl.nl/archives/images/ANP-9693485.jpg

http://www.geenstijl.nl/ this is in dutch but you can see the people are blown out of the way

Please dont look if you think will upset you pictures taken as happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Holy crap.

That picture is kind of disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Holy ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

It gets worse,seeing that little girl flying backwards and she looks like a rag doll :(

guess i better warn people,these are caught in the moments so please dont look if you feel it will be to much

http://www.blogpirate.org/2009/04/30/apparent-attack-on-dutch-royal-family-fails-at-parade-on-queens-day/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭McGrath5

crazy stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

thats shocking. horrible to look at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Just seen there was 2 deaths. I'm guessing one of them was that girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

shqipshume wrote: »

Heh, the Guard doesn't look too bothered??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Jesus that's insane. Dutch TV confirming two dead, hopefully one of them is the d*ckhead driving the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

JohnCleary wrote: »

This seemed to all happen in a matter of seconds. His reactions were probably still catching up with what was happening in front of him. Same with most of the people in the crowd..some of them have realised what's happening, many are still smiling and such looking at something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The picture with the little girl is quite disturbing
    robinph wrote: »
    The person on the bike was one lucky mofo.

JohnCleary wrote: »

They said happened so quick no one had time to react,if u notice even in the crowd only some seem to have realised what was going on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The TV cameras didn't realise what was going on until it had hit that monument, and the front of the car was already pretty well smashed up before it hit that. Nobody knew what was going on until it had gone past them or was too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Attacked them in a suzuki swift? :confused:

Crazy son of a bitch.

Youtube Video 1
    Youtube Video 2

Guy on the pushbike was lucky not to have been crushed too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Shocking stuff.

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Just seen there was 2 deaths. I'm guessing one of them was that girl.

I know :( may they rest in peace.
    Reminds me of that guy going down Henry street few years back.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

sweet jesus. I have seen stuff online over the years and not passed heed on it but that picture of the little girl has me shook.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

that little girls father should have been left alone to "attend" to the driver before paramedics were let near him:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Crazy Dutch terrorism

It'll knock your socks off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Woah, those pictures are rather disturbing

Few more here, with one or two fairly gruesome ones (chap's leg is twisted backwards)

http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/2009/04/aanslag_tijdens_koniginnnedag.html#more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Please god the girl isnt one of the two dead. Although the op's first picture doesnt give much hope:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Very disturbing picture :(

Hope there is no more deaths

Dave! wrote: »
    Woah, those pictures are rather disturbing

Few more here, with one or two fairly gruesome ones (chap's leg is twisted backwards)

http://www.geenstijl.nl/mt/archieven/2009/04/aanslag_tijdens_koniginnnedag.html#more

wow that really has made me cry,:( its dusgusting if that guy lives bring back electric chair :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

He looks brown bread to me, judging by the pictures...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Was supposed to be there but overslept and so decided to stay here in Belgium for the day. Couldn't believe it when I saw the news in a cafe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah I won't be watching that video. Don't particularly want to see someone getting killed.

amacachi wrote: »
    Yeah I won't be watching that video. Don't particularly want to see someone getting killed.

The videos just show the end of it where the car crashes into a monument.

The stills are the only ones showing injured people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Getting an awful flasback. Got knocked down myself a few months ago.

That there is pure craziness! That Guy shouldn't be let see the light of day again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Imagine how much worse that could have been if the car was packed with explosives. I wouldn't put it past people these days.

Advertisement