Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Off-Topic, insult, picture and everything else thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Ha...the wall ate him!

This is interesting...

Henry O'Mara, ''Chief Superintendent of the Irish Police'' on Whats My Line, 26th of April 1959.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpM_FhFQ-t0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

eroo wrote: »
    That's actually a local drugs unit trying to gain entry to a suspects house, I believe the Sunday World were present.. but were politely asked not to publish the photo's!!

little Fooker probs got a massive claim out of it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

PSNI gets post of the day. He's too modest, so i'll clap him on the back on our behalf.

Box of USA biscuits winging its way to PSNI Demesne.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59792940&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭pingu2008

• Advertisement

pingu2008 wrote: »

The ending was classic!:D

I never knew Pat Shortt was a member of civil defence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEAmtauCdsE&feature=related

''Take your hand down fairly lively!''

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Old Lady 1
    W4nker in car 0.

(ps, geeks, how do you post the vid directly onto a post?:confused:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

deadwood wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGBcY2IoFSg

Old Lady 1
    W4nker in car 0.

(ps, geeks,genius how do you post the vid directly onto a post?:confused:)

Deadwood under the youtube clip click on the option for share ... after the = their are numbers/letters which here is WGBcY2IoFSg ... press the youtube symbol at top of message-box and insert the numbers/letters in between and

omg :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Ha ha what happen did he break down in the middle of eden quay and the polish just gave him a hand to move it down to custom house to get it off the road??

Think its fake tho its sunny in that video, when was the last sunny day?

I recorded this video. Yes, the girl in the car (not a bad one either;)) broke down in the outside lane on Eden Quay, within minutes the van and focus were around to move it!

Caption Competition:

78581.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

donvito99 wrote: »
    Caption Competition:

78581.png

Garda loses annual 'Dignity Race' to retired Superhero.

As a result, Captain America uniform deemed more suitable for policing.. should be on general issue by 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

I wonder did they cover this scenario in the academy?:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

78581.png
    "Sorry, Captain America, the lads in Pearse St. said it was a hawk!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

happyhappy wrote: »
    actually i remember what they told us to do in that senario.

run like fcuk!!!:o:o:o

O imagine the paper.And to have to re do the car course!! The horror:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Buffman wrote: »
    I wonder did they cover this scenario in the academy?:D

6 minutes.. and the car wasn't even hit by a train? I want my money back..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

eroo wrote: »
    6 minutes.. and the car wasn't even hit by a train? I want my money back..:D

A, it's worth it for the last 30 sec with his sgt.

Sgt: "I got your evaluation in the car"
    Cop: "You done with it?"
    Sgt: "Not now!"

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

DUI.

I love the reaction of the cop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

BEST COMEBACK RESPONSE OF THE YEAR

If you ever testify in court, you might wish you could have been as sharp as this policeman. He was being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial. The lawyer was trying to undermine the policeman's credibility..

Q: 'Officer -- did you see my client fleeing the scene?
    A: 'No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several blocks away.'
    Q: 'Officer -- who provided this description?'
    A: 'The officer who responded to the scene.'
    Q: 'A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?'
    A: 'Yes, sir. With my life.
    Q: 'With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?'
    A: 'Yes sir, we do!'
    Q: 'And do you have a locker in the room?'
    A: 'Yes sir, I do.'
    Q: 'And do you have a lock on your locker?'
    A: 'Yes sir.'
    Q: 'Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?'
    A: 'You see, sir - we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room.'

The courtroom EXPLODED with laughter, and a prompt recess was called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

daithip wrote: »
    BEST COMEBACK RESPONSE OF THE YEAR

If you ever testify in court, you might wish you could have been as sharp as this policeman. He was being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial. The lawyer was trying to undermine the policeman's credibility..

Q: 'Officer -- did you see my client fleeing the scene?
    A: 'No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several blocks away.'
    Q: 'Officer -- who provided this description?'
    A: 'The officer who responded to the scene.'
    Q: 'A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?'
    A: 'Yes, sir. With my life.
    Q: 'With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?'
    A: 'Yes sir, we do!'
    Q: 'And do you have a locker in the room?'
    A: 'Yes sir, I do.'
    Q: 'And do you have a lock on your locker?'
    A: 'Yes sir.'
    Q: 'Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?'
    A: 'You see, sir - we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room.'

The courtroom EXPLODED with laughter, and a prompt recess was called.

Heard that one before; Good though; Heard one there recently myself, And be heard I mean in person heard;

Alcholizer Garda up in the box giving his evidence, Barrister starts going the bringing in doubt of his ability route;

B: SO Guard you have been trained on the Alcholizer?
    G: Yes Judge
    B: And could you tell me the workings of the inside of the Alcholizer?
    G: No Judge
    B: So Guard you are telling the court you are trained on how to get a reading out of the machine but do not know how it works?
    G: Correct Judge, Im also a trained driver and I couldn't answer any questions you may ask me on a car engine.

Cue the judge, shoulders shaking, trying to contain a laugh and the rest of the court not being so successful in holding the laugh in

T'was very entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭daithip

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=ee489c23-2069-49a9-adcf-19da5b34c202&Aux=4|0|8CBAB9D3E5A3100|

attachment.php?attachmentid=4172&stc=1&d=1231675852

From Left, The Nog, Foriegn, Deadwood, Clada,...and NGA on his Traffic Corps motorbeelamobile.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4173&stc=1&d=1231675871

Heehee

Rest of the Gardai on this foru,. identify yourselves from the photo...

81198.jpg

How do you like the "Roadrunner" style trick tunnel we painted into the end of the building on the left to trick those pesky smugglers?:D

From Left, The Nog, Foriegn, Deadwood, Clada,...and NGA on his Traffic Corps motorbeelamobile.

Looks like the last time my station was refurbished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

There is no way I'm as old as Foreign, Deadwood, Clada or NGA. They all gotta be well into their 70's by now!!! :p:D

Advertisement