Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the strangest thing you have heard??

Options
  • 27-04-2009 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭

i had a very angry customer today complaining that he sent a money order for repayment and it was sent about a month ago - what was the delay - i asked him for the details whereby he produces the money order that he wanted repaid - i tried explaining that the section who do repayments need to have the order - (he had only sent a photocopy) in their pocession in order to cancel and reissue - this guy just didnt get that if you wanna cancel something like this you have to hand it across - i thought it was quite funny - like another time a customer was angry that a bill hadnt been paid she bought an order posted on the details when i tried helping her confirming the order had not been paid out and phoning the said company and confirmed letter received but no order - on further discussion the lady took the money order out of her purse - "oh you mean i was meant to send this aswell" god give me patience

i just think some things people do are hilarious - have ye any strange - silly stories of peoples odities

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

My mother reaching orgasam.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

snyper wrote: »

Thats low even for you,still i lol'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Ya she's pretty loud, i had to tell her to calm down a bit, cos she'd wake the kids and also it would wreck my ears

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Welcome to the world of retail....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Fanny Fart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Thats low even for you,still i lol'd.

I try to reach new lows. Its important

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I hope you covered Maddie's ears.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

A dash is not a full stop, Christ, my eyeballs.
    shezzie wrote: »
    i had a very angry customer today complaining that he sent a money order for repayment and it was sent about a month ago - what was the delay - i asked him for the details whereby he produces the money order that he wanted repaid - i tried explaining that the section who do repayments need to have the order - (he had only sent a photocopy) in their pocession in order to cancel and reissue - this guy just didnt get that if you wanna cancel something like this you have to hand it across - i thought it was quite funny - like another time a customer was angry that a bill hadnt been paid she bought an order posted on the details when i tried helping her confirming the order had not been paid out and phoning the said company and confirmed letter received but no order - on further discussion the lady took the money order out of her purse - "oh you mean i was meant to send this aswell" god give me patience

i just think some things people do are hilarious - have ye any strange - silly stories of peoples odities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Huggles wrote: »
    A dash is not a full stop, Christ, my eyeballs.

i like it-it might catch on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Once heard of a woman being allowed out of the kitchen.

WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,294 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

My granny farting.

I was about 10 and she didnt know I was in the room behind the couch.

It sounded like a thrombone, long and deep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

shezzie wrote: »
    ... i just think some things people do are hilarious - have ye any strange - silly stories of peoples odities

Strangest thing I ever heard?

Someone referring to a 50-odd year-old woman as a "girl".

:confused::confused::confused:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

rarnes1 wrote: »
    My granny farting.

I was about 10 and she didnt know I was in the room behind the couch.

It sounded like a thrombone, long and deep.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Bjork.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

snyper was it when she was conceiving you ya heard her:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Its a case for mulder&scully!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

So how is Roscommon this time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

"smell of rotten eggs makes men randy" Seriously?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I try to reach new lows. Its impotance

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Oddest thing I have heard lately is that men supposedly get turned on by rotton eggs...??? Like how???

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

About 6 hours ago my girlfriend farted down the phone to me.. Aside from that my nanny used to curse like a sailor when she was talking to her neighbour, really freaked me out :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭alexandros

A rabbit scream (squeal) while being crushed and consumed whole; by my 9 foot red tail boa.
    Never fed him rabbit again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

alexandros wrote: »
    A rabbit scream (squeal) while being crushed and consumed whole; by my 9 foot red tail boa.
    Never fed him rabbit again.

Yeah, they'll do that alright. Nasty sound :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

the phrase; at the end of my paycheck i always have some month left.

i found that hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I used to work in a hospital switchboard and believe me, that is where the utter bottom feeders of the gene pool phone in. One call that comes to mind is 'I've was cleaning my ears with a cotton bud and then my ear started bleeding, what does that mean?' Also amused me that they thought a switchboard operator had any medical background.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I used to work in a hospital switchboard and believe me, that is where the utter bottom feeders of the gene pool phone in. One call that comes to mind is 'I've was cleaning my ears with a cotton bud and then my ear started bleeding, what does that mean?' Also amused me that they thought a switchboard operator had any medical background.

ha same here more or less, i work for a medical company, the stuff some customers come up with....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

That they're making a musical about Jade Goody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

That they're making a musical about Jade Goody.

Calamity Jade?

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Calamity Jade?

everyone has aids from team america comes to mind in a cancer kind of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

I did hear a funny conversation between two kids, an 8 year old says to a 5 year old "yeah i love Brittney Spears, shes lovely"
    the 5 year old replies "yeah i'd give her one" i thought i was hearing things, hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

dan719 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by snyper

I try to reach new lows. Its impotance

FYP

The only thing remotely funny about that is your spelling. Must try harder.

Advertisement